The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernFavorite fighting style?

63 7755
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

Mines druken fist because its a style that pretty much requires you to get drunk lol and its a pretty sloppy style so most people can pretty much master it as long as you dont forget how to fight due to to much alcohol XD

• 63 Replies
Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

MMA actually leans more toward the grappling aspect.

not always... its all a matter of preference. some people like to stand up and box more.. some prefer clinch work... people will do what works for them
they only have a very general knowledge in different aspects of fighting

good MMA fighters dont have very general knowledge in all aspects... they have deep knowledge in a lot of aspects... many of them hold black belts in several martial arts, i wouldnt call that general knowledge.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I like Samurai style as well as Skullduggery Pleasant style. Fencing is silly because whenever i watch it i see a thousand openings which are never used.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Also wrong, they move more and waste more energy doing it, but they are slightly faster on their feet. But when it comes to a more traditional practioner they are more adept with their footing and body placement.

Sorry, could you say who is who here? ^^
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

While unfortunately I do not know the proper name and, can find no consistent online sources Pressure Point Fighting would be my favorite. You can knock out your opponent or render them harmless with little to no effort. All while leaving them physically unharmed.

phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

Ty Kwon Duku Sith Dorate Chi Ramenustue Vedory!!! Nah, just kidding, it would probably be Zui Ba Xian Quan, also known as Drunken Boxing. It looks funny and is very unpredictable.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

I like classic beat-the-****-out-of-the-other-guy. It may seem shallow on the outside but it takes a lot of emotion, strength, and energy to do.

jacobo101
jacobo101
33 posts
Nomad

karate because it is deadly and cool

ninjaassasin1234
ninjaassasin1234
133 posts
Nomad

I am a chuk-kuk-do class with is similar to kung-fu but instead we break whats in our way not move it out our way.

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

karate is cool. i did a report on it in second grade

Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

@HahiHa

Those who fence are usually quicker at shuffling but their constant movement wasts energy.

A more traditional style (like which i train in[and i have done alot of fencing aswell]) you learn whee the optimal spot and position are in each fight and you go for it as efficiently as possible, no wasted moves, otherwise its death

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Taekwondo is probably my favorite (and also the one martial art I'm learning, but that is not of big importance). Taekwondo is a light fighting style, where you do strong precise hits with the legs or arms. It's a good martial art because it is very efficient even without mastering it. Yes, you can actually use this as real self-defense.

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

Ju-jitsu is very fun, i'm not much of a fighter but that's one of my favorites.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

I do a mixture of Muay Thai punches and Judo throws. I have a blue belt in Muay Thai and a black in Judo.

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

i would learn judo... but i dont like all the gi stuff.... so i like hapkido better. Muay Thai is the best for stand up in my opinion

crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

I prefer striking over grappling in terms of simple fun, so I like any stand up; muay thai, boxing, brawling, whatever. Grappling's just not as fun, and I like getting hit in the face for some reason.

Showing 31-45 of 63