The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernFavorite fighting style?

63 7753
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

Mines druken fist because its a style that pretty much requires you to get drunk lol and its a pretty sloppy style so most people can pretty much master it as long as you dont forget how to fight due to to much alcohol XD

• 63 Replies
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I will have to go with isshinryu. It taught me how to defend against multiple enemies at once, and weapons, but nothing beats the fighting style of a bullet to the head

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Pyro, a katana can chop a bullet in two.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Pyro, a katana can chop a bullet in two.

Wow... cause you're definitely going to chop a bullet in two as it's screaming towards your head. Seriously man? Let me get a magnum and you can have your katana and we'll see who wins. where did you get your logic? video games?
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Mythbusters.
I never said it was logical, but then again guns aren't a fighting style.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Well, I'm fencing and consider it my favourite fighting style; it's fast, relies on reflexes, and still allows to play with your enemy, and also looks elegant. I won't say it's the best, but in the end it only depends on what art you master best yourself. Any fighting style offers the opportunities to teach you great things.

a katana can chop a bullet in two.

Yes, if the katana is screwed tightly and if the weapon fires the bullet exactly parallel to the blade and perpendicular to the edge. This situation will never be met in any fight however.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

The main flaw of fencing is it usually uses thinblades, such as rapiers and emces, as opposed to a more weighted single handed sword, such as a shortsword or longsword, that maintains the speed and precision of the thinblades while also giving a greater degree of excercise.

shojen123
shojen123
1,290 posts
Nomad

i like chun kuk do

the fighting style invented by chuck norris

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

my favorite fighting style is MMA.. it takes the practical parts from a lot of different other fighting styles and makes the best one. if i had to choose a second place i would choose hapkido

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

The main flaw of fencing is it usually uses thinblades, such as rapiers and emces, as opposed to a more weighted single handed sword, such as a shortsword or longsword, that maintains the speed and precision of the thinblades while also giving a greater degree of excercise.

Wrong. The rapier is, admittedly, not as fast as other fencing weapons. But in general an epee is significantly faster and lighter than a regular one handed blade; the principle of both is fundamentally different, since a onehand sword is a slashing weapon while an epee is a stabbing weapon. With a sword you have to do much bigger movements with your arm to be effective, whereas with an epee you can move a bit your hand and thrust forwards at the right moment.
Of course the epee is junk if it comes to parry blade on blade, which is why you deviate the strike instead of fully parrying it. Your epee might still break thought if hit with a sword.
And lastly, the fencer has to rely much more on his body, steps, and movement in general than a regular swordsman. But I can guarantee you that the result is worth it.
spartandestroyer
spartandestroyer
2,081 posts
Nomad

i prefer a kind of... &quotunching you to eath with bear hands"

Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

makes the best one.

uhg... no such thing as a "best" style --.-- chafkin nubcake lol im jk jk

but seriously... no such thing.

Also, rapier doesnt penetrate armour, it is often used in duels and with lightly armoured foes, otherwise, practicly useless due to its lack of power, though does have great speed.

And lastly, the fencer has to rely much more on his body, steps, and movement in general than a regular swordsman.

Also wrong, they move more and waste more energy doing it, but they are slightly faster on their feet. But when it comes to a more traditional practioner they are more adept with their footing and body placement.
Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

no such thing as a "best" style

i suppose... but there is a best style for every situation... and mma seems the most practical.. i cant think of a situation where mma is worse than another martial art
Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

suppose... but there is a best style for every situation... and mma seems the most practical.. i cant think of a situation where mma is worse than another martial art

nononono, you dont get it, its not an "i suppose" its yes sir lol

there is no such thing and never will be, as a "best martial art" and there are alot of situations where MMA would be worse off than another martial art. =| im not trying to rage or anything, but seriously. MMA is kind of crap. its doesnt have any focus and that itself is its weak point.
Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

MMA is kind of crap. its doesnt have any focus and that itself is its weak point.

that isnt a weak point at all, being good in all aspects of fighting is better than specializing in one aspect...
there are alot of situations where MMA would be worse off than another martial art.

could you give me an example? cause im still having a hard time imagining a situation
Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

that isnt a weak point at all, being good in all aspects of fighting is better than specializing in one aspect...

wrong, they only have a very general knowledge in different aspects of fighting which is a huge weakness, ask any traditional martial artist.

could you give me an example? cause im still having a hard time imagining a situation

I.E. Me vs. a friend awhile ago, he had about the similar amount of training as me, though he has had alot more fights then i have. i laid him out in 3 hits. he scored 1 sucessful hit to my torso through a careless mistake. so basicly luck. and thats hwy i say their generalness is a weakness, if you dont have an extreme amount of knowledge in your style, then you dont know how to use it to its full potential. and i took advantage of that. MMA actually leans more toward the grappling aspect. i noticed that when he continued to try to close distance, so it was simple as waiting for him to start moving in, and launch the attack.
Showing 16-30 of 63