ForumsThe TavernHow do you deal with annoying people at your door?

79 12771
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Ok I sure everyone gets people knoking on their door trying to sell stuff or give you a piece of paper saying the wrold is going to end. How do you deal with them? I told the last guy that I had to time to talk because and angry mob of lamas where going to invade my house and I needed to prepare. He looked at me like I was crazy but he aint coming back.

• 79 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Not many people come walking through the neighborhood doing that. But when people do that then I'll either ignore it then the person will leave, or I'll answer the door then tell them to leave.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

I just looked out of a window to see who the person is. If he's unwanted I'll just ignore him. Or throw waterballons at the person from the window....

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

My front door has a window in it, so if any one who looks like an annoyance (ie. anyone with a clipboard) ring s the bell I just don't answer. Sometimes they see me and ring twice, but I still don't answer the door. They eventually get the hint.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

How do you deal with them?

I don't open the door. I know people are there by looking through a door peephole (you know that lens?) or inconspicuously peering through an ignored window.

Or throw waterballons at the person from the window....

That is crude.
Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

If there is an annoying person at my door... i shut the door

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

If there is an annoying person at my door... i shut the door

Not opening it is even better.

Trust me, it is.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Being only 15 and not owning a house, i do nothing. But my parents rule is just not to answer the door. And if someone does (because people are stupid) we just tell them to go away. For the most part its people from religions asking for charity for things of their religion i don't care about.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

simply i let someone else open it XD. and when i open it and dont want anything to do with whoever is there i just call my mom and leave XP

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

Lucky for me I never get those people so I don't do a thing. I get phone calls that is about it. If I did see those annoying people I will just ignore them. And if they refuse to leave I'll call the cops.

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

Use an electronic trap to electrocute them when they step outside my door step. Seriously.

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

Okay that is kinda going way to far. But just ignoring will do just fine. Not trying to kill.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

That doesn't happen in my country Sweden. Pretty rare to get visitors.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

Well I dont see how these people banging on doors get aything except for electric shocks or waterbaloons, I personally dont mistreat them, just ignore them.

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

Okay that is kinda going way to far. But just ignoring will do just fine. Not trying to kill.

If this is for my post, no it doesn't kill. It'll just stun them a bit. It's perfectly legal too.
DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

Okay I guess that's one way of getting rid of them. And I think it was.

Showing 1-15 of 79