ForumsThe TavernHow do you deal with annoying people at your door?

79 12772
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Ok I sure everyone gets people knoking on their door trying to sell stuff or give you a piece of paper saying the wrold is going to end. How do you deal with them? I told the last guy that I had to time to talk because and angry mob of lamas where going to invade my house and I needed to prepare. He looked at me like I was crazy but he aint coming back.

• 79 Replies
johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

I would politely tell them to leave.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

In real life, I would listen to their product and think about buying it.

What I wish I could do, is that I had a double barrel shotgun and whenever they came at my door, I would open it with my double barrel shotgun pointed at them. Imagine their face expression!

LatinxAssassin
LatinxAssassin
614 posts
Nomad

I'm very unusual, I would love to hear the sound of knocks and buzzers. But if I check and see if they carrying something just to get for profit, then I buy it (only if it's good).

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I dont do this but its bound to work...tell them you are a creeper...
Sometimes they creep me out when its night and some shady character comes to ur door when parents aren't home... :/

BLINDsniper1
BLINDsniper1
84 posts
Nomad

I get someone at my door maybe once a year. When they do show up i just ask them to leave

ANDY59UK
ANDY59UK
54 posts
Nomad

"Sorry no change" ;-) *Slams the door.

YepYepYep
YepYepYep
35 posts
Nomad

I wish they were just at my door. I need a topic "How to deal with annoying people at work."

DustyLee
DustyLee
216 posts
Nomad

A paintball gun

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

Since i'm only 13.

"My parents aren't at home"=if they're not at home.

"Mom/Dad!"= If my parents are at home.

celestialenigma
celestialenigma
11 posts
Peasant

Since I live in an apartment building the only people that come to my door are kids. And they bring their younger siblings. And they are adorable. So I give them money for whatever they want.

If anybody comes to my door and isn't adorable, my screaming children are often enough to deter them (screaming cause they can't run in the hallway). If I am lucky they come around when my kids are sick and have really runny snotty noses...so I let my kids start to approach. It ends conversations pretty quick and I get to still seem polite-ish.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,868 posts
Jester

There are not people knocking at my door since that I live in an apartment but, sometimes people call my home asking if I wanna buy what they are selling. My mom told me that when this happens, I should say that I am not interested and and tell the guy in the phone to go away.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

It is impossible to reach my door without knowing the codes. You'd have to scale an 8 foot fence. It's galvanized, so sometimes I will turn on the electricity. But I rarely do that, I just keep the sign up that says it's electric.

Then, once you've scaled my fence you'd have to get past my Weimaraner that doesn't like men. Also, wade through the hordes of Guineas. Then you can knock on my door. Which I probably won't answer.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

It is impossible to reach my door without knowing the codes. You'd have to scale an 8 foot fence. It's galvanized, so sometimes I will turn on the electricity. But I rarely do that, I just keep the sign up that says it's electric.

Then, once you've scaled my fence you'd have to get past my Weimaraner that doesn't like men. Also, wade through the hordes of Guineas. Then you can knock on my door. Which I probably won't answer.

Your house is basically an impenetrable fortress. May i ask why?
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Your house is basically an impenetrable fortress. May i ask why?

It's supposed to keep people in, not the other way around. People who ask too many questions... You've been warned.

Anyways, no annoying people here either, I live in an apartment and you can't get in unless you know the code.
spartandestroyer
spartandestroyer
2,081 posts
Nomad

i usually find that a simple anvil above the window above the door usually works... if not then drop it down.

Showing 46-60 of 79