ForumsThe TavernHow do you deal with annoying people at your door?

79 12773
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Ok I sure everyone gets people knoking on their door trying to sell stuff or give you a piece of paper saying the wrold is going to end. How do you deal with them? I told the last guy that I had to time to talk because and angry mob of lamas where going to invade my house and I needed to prepare. He looked at me like I was crazy but he aint coming back.

• 79 Replies
indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

Just leave the door shut till they go away.

shapeshifter98
shapeshifter98
3 posts
Nomad

i pretend im not there

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

i pretend im not there

Sometimes that can be dangerous. I've heard that robbers will knock on your door to see if you're home, and if nobody answers, they will break in. But if you do answer, they'll put on some act and pretend they are with some fake charity.
Of course not everybody who knocks on your door is a robber, but yeah. . .
indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

Better safe then sorry...
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Sometimes that can be dangerous. I've heard that robbers will knock on your door to see if you're home, and if nobody answers, they will break in. But if you do answer, they'll put on some act and pretend they are with some fake charity.

That would be hilarious if you where home, guy just comes in and your chilling with some chips.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I just had one of those today, except i was in my front yard mowing the lawn so couldn't pretend I'm not home. They asked for my Dad who just happened to be coming outside and he just told him go away before the guy could say anything. What i should have done is lay down on the ground and pretend i wasn't there.

That's debatable. They could be taking your money for some pointless charity that doesn't benefit people. I consider that robbery.
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

That would be hilarious if you where home, guy just comes in and your chilling with some chips.

Lol, and you were watching a football game, and the dude just sits down with you and starts watching. XD

I just thought of something funny to say when they ask for a parent. In response you say:
Yeah one second, my dad is just cleaning his shotgun.
indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

That's debatable. They could be taking your money for some pointless charity that doesn't benefit people. I consider that robbery.

Who gives money to people who knock on ur door? I wouldn't know because I never have anyone come to my door except UPS.
RyanNC
RyanNC
53 posts
Shepherd

Don't answer the door or give them money and tell them to scram.

DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

or give them money and tell them to scram.

If I gave peolpe money for knocking on my door then they would never go away and just keep coming back.
Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

Post a "No soliciting" sign somewhere near your door. They won't even knock.

RyanNC
RyanNC
53 posts
Shepherd

If I gave peolpe money for knocking on my door then they would never go away and just keep coming back.

If they come back just say you gave them what they really want and told them to scram, so why are they still here? Then you pelt them with coins XD.
Badbls
Badbls
26 posts
Nomad

Well i look out first to see if i know them...and me being only 15 am usually not the 1 to open the door haha.

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

Well I like to close the door myself.

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

I don't bother to do that. Just don't even look. Ignore and they will leave.

Showing 31-45 of 79