ForumsThe TavernHow do you deal with annoying people at your door?

79 12770
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Ok I sure everyone gets people knoking on their door trying to sell stuff or give you a piece of paper saying the wrold is going to end. How do you deal with them? I told the last guy that I had to time to talk because and angry mob of lamas where going to invade my house and I needed to prepare. He looked at me like I was crazy but he aint coming back.

• 79 Replies
deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

That is crude.

True. And honestly I never did that. But it would be a great way to deal with kids who do a ding dong ditch at the door and decide to come for seconds...
WolfWolf
WolfWolf
800 posts
Nomad

I usually take the random guy's paper then as soon as he turns around I wad it up, open the window and try to throw the paper at the guys head.

sodangobsessed
sodangobsessed
200 posts
Nomad

Are you talking about Jehovah Witness?

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

It's perfectly legal too.

*sinister laugh*

Like most regular people here, I look through the peephole.
If I don't recognize the person, I ask 'who is it' though the door, usually they say something about fake charity bull. >,>
While my dog's probably barking like crazy, I just say no thank you. And they walk away.
Or, when they knock and my dog goes crazy, I just let the person get scared and leave. :3
machinesway
machinesway
101 posts
Nomad

Ask them where my pizza is, and why they haven't brought it with them complaining about how crappy a delivery service they have.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

This one group of religious people, I can't think of the name, came to my door, and I passed out in front of them. It was me and two of them in the kitchen, and my cousin went to the bathroom, so it was me, passed out against the refrigerator, and them. My cousin came back, and they were like "We're gonna go!" and never came back.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

Whenever someone comes to the door, I shoot paintball through the pet door. One guy was trying to sell me a fridge, in the foot went a paintball. Did he ever come back? No.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Have a friend play out the poison scene from the Princess Bride

"You: I challenge you to a battle of wits.
Friend: For the (whatever you're arguing about)?
You: [nods]
Friend: To the death?
You: [nods]
Friend: I accept! "

*Bring two cups filled with water*

"You: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.
Friend: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own cup or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own cup, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the water in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the water in front of me.
You: You've made your decision then?
Friend: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the water in front of you.
You: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Friend: Wait till I get going! Now, where was I?
You: Australia.
Friend: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the water in front of me.
You: You're just stalling now.
Friend: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own cup, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the water in front of me.
You: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.
Friend: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
You: Then make your choice.
Friend: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?
You: [Friend gestures up and away from the table. You look. Friend swaps the goblets]
You: What? Where? I don't see anything.
Friend: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter. First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.
[Friend and the You]
You: You guessed wrong.
Friend: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
Friend: [Friend stops suddenly, his smile frozen on his face and falls to the ground dead]
You: They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder. "

If someone did that it'd be awesome.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I don't want to buy anything, so git!

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

You guys are all really mean XD, whenever someone comes to the door with trying to sell something or w/e, I just say, "Sorry, i'm not interested" and they usually just apologise for disturbing me and leave.

chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I dont open the door. Yup thats it.

chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

Wow are years of coding experience and I mess that up, sorry guys.

I go get my airsoft gun,this then I talk to them through the screen of the window by the door. If I tell them to leave and they don't then....I persuade them to leave with said airsoft gun. There isn't ever really a problem though, just say your not interested and if they keep just say, "No I'm am not interested" then walk away. Or you could just put on this song before they get to your door, Kill Everybody
Always adds to the effect and might make them think you are crazy enough that they should leave...

DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

My friend always walks up to his door and tells people that the floor under them will open up they will fall into a deep pit.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Luckily, my neighborhood has a bunch of gates, and you need the code for you to get in, so my neighborhood doesn't have that problem.

But if it did happen, then I'd just look through my peephole. If they looked suspicious, then I just wouldn't answer the door.

Showing 16-30 of 79