ForumsThe TavernHow do you deal with annoying people at your door?

79 12769
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Ok I sure everyone gets people knoking on their door trying to sell stuff or give you a piece of paper saying the wrold is going to end. How do you deal with them? I told the last guy that I had to time to talk because and angry mob of lamas where going to invade my house and I needed to prepare. He looked at me like I was crazy but he aint coming back.

• 79 Replies
chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

There is signs made for that. There called No Solicitor signs. You should invest in one of those.

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,467 posts
Nomad

"Sorry, not interested." or "Sorry, don't have money." That's pretty much the usual.

spartandestroyer
spartandestroyer
2,081 posts
Nomad

"no witnesses of jebadiah allowed"

(guy comes up to door)

me-"read the sign dumbell!"

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Slamming the door. Works every time. Or a chainsaw, but that is heavily frowned upon x__x

ChaoticNeutralGamer
ChaoticNeutralGamer
12 posts
Nomad

I look them right in the face and say: "Look, you crazy mormons, I told you last time that one wife was good enough!"

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I look them right in the face and say: "Look, you crazy mormons, I told you last time that one wife was good enough!"

Unless you're talking about the fundamentalists (eg crazier people), those Mormons learnt their lesson over a century ago.
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

I offer them a bottle of water and tell them im busy planning world domination. lol just kidding ive only done that once:'D

KentReid
KentReid
65 posts
Nomad

Scream uncontrolablly at a real or ficticious person. Answer the door angrily and abruptly wearing an undershirt and holding a wooden bat.

HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

pretend not to be home

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

Try to not let them see you through the door window. (If you have one.)

kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

I rarely get people like that and have never got one about the world going to end.Most people here sell paintings and most of them are cheap and quite nice so I buy them.

TheSquidNation
TheSquidNation
78 posts
Nomad

annoying people on the phone are so much better, but usually have an extremely long conversation about nothing and then stop in mid-sentence and walk away

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

All I say is. Begone vile woman. Or just go away.

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

I just say I'm not interested and close the door.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

If it's someone selling something I tell them "I'm too young to make a decision like that." If it's someone annoying that I know personally, I'll tell them I can't go anywhere or the person they're wanting isn't at home at the moment.

Showing 61-75 of 79