The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThe different species of internet troll

92 15235
pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

Here are the different species now scientifically named.

Aboriginus Typus

The original internet troll which started it all. They are knon for exescively using caps and not really meaning anything. Commonly found on politics forums.

Raspicious Acronimius

This troll is rather the complete opposite of the Aboriginus. It usually is polite while arguing but is very racist towards lots of things. Found on politics and religion forums.

Absolutus Misspelius

This type only uses chat language and cannot be bothered to utilise elequent language because they don't facilitate proper English. Mostly found on Miscellaneous forums.

These are the only trolls i can think of. If you have more,post them and they shall be added to the list.

• 92 Replies
pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

just thought of another one

Teacherus Lolus

A teacher who tries to mix in with students online and uses chat language. Is rarely found anywhere but yahoo answers and wiki answers.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Why would you want to define different types of trolls? All trolls should be handled pretty much the same way.

pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

Why would you want to define different types of trolls? All trolls should be handled pretty much the same way.

not really. Every troll has a different way of dealing with it. example: Teacherus Lolus has to b dealt with by telling the teacher to stop with the chat lingua; firmly but politely.
Absolutus Misspelius has to be dealt with by using long, elequent language instead of uncouth slang they facilitate.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

There is only one way to deal with a troll.
http://pugsly.bechange.com/forum_fodder/ban_them_all.jpg

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

It took me a good five minutes of hard thinking to recall this gem..

Flame Warriors - a list of varying forum personalities.

pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

Nope. You can stop either one of them by banning them. Ban their second accounts, third, fourth, and on and on.

if t goes on and on, someone will be pissd and the mod banning and the troll will be banned.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

someone will be pissd and the mod banning and the troll will be banned.

It's justified, a moderator won't get banned for banning someone that's breaking the site rules.

Also, IP bans work great.
WolfChan
WolfChan
1 posts
Nomad

just kidding, but in all seriousness, trolls are very annoying.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Here's the AG definition of a troll:

No "trolling" -- posting controversial (sometimes off-topic) messages with the intent of baiting other users to reply.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

I'm the best type of troll, the unbanned kind.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I aM nOt A tRoLlLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a failure in multiple senses.

@Patrick2011

Sometimes I wonder whether or not you're more humorless than I am when I'm serious (that's something to be noted) and if you're really an underwhelmingly montonous forummer or just a clever troll.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Aboriginus Typus: Commonly found on politics forums.

Actually I find way more of these on YouTube
pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

I aM nOt A tRoLlLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would fall under the troll...

Aboriginus Acostialus

The type that always argues against any critiscism towards themselve with force and the useof extra punctuation. This troll usually migrates to different forums everyday.

Actually I find way more of these on YouTube

In my experience(coz i don't go to youtube so much) I have only seen Aboriginus Typus on politic forums.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

If the first account was banned, the others would be banned for circumventing the original ban.

You sir, are a genius.
DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

Yes I know Trolls are annoying but they're fun to pick on. You can find all of these trolls on any forum and other sites. Including Youtube.

Showing 1-15 of 92