The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesExit Path 2 Tournament

342 64719
Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Okay, well as we all know, Exit Path 2 is going to be released. Since we now have confirmation from John that there will be private rooms, I think that a tournament is in order since so many people have been wanting to do that.

This tournament will be set 3 days after the official game(not the beta) is released. That way we can get to know the stages a little first. So expect this to happen around the July-August area.

Number of participants will depend on how many people apply. I plan for this not to be more than about 64 or 128 people, so if more than that apply(unlikely), I will simply do a first come first served basis.

Here are the rules to enter:

1. You must have played at last 1,000 matches on the original Exit Path.
2. You must sign up on here by simply stating you want to enter.
3. When you sign up, post your stats (meaning matches,wins, etc.) so I know that you have at least 1,000 matches
, and your win %from Exit Path(original) will determine your seeding, much like in a professional sports league.

As for racing rules, I can't post many right now because we don't really know the gameplay yet.
The only rules right now is that the rooms will be 4 people each.
Also, those who were given access to the beta will be put into the same 1st round mtaches whenever possible because those who playd the beta will have an unfair advantage over those who did not.

How to advance to next round:
Each room will play 25 races, with the 2 plyers with the most wins will advance to the next round.
This will continue until we are down to only 2 players remaining, where the 2 will play 1 final round of 15 races.

Also, Epicness raised a point to me that might be interesting that if maybe a mod. or admin. agrees, maybe the winner of the tournament will get a merit. Keep in mind this is not for sure, just a thought.

Thank you for reading all this(if you were crazy enough to read all this), and please enter.

• 342 Replies
Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Well as for that last spot, If John doesn't include a "Spectator Mode", where you can watch a room of players without actually having to be in it, that last spot will not be filled in any round but the semifinals and finals(I will be watcher in both rounds).

The last spot for those rounds will go to(insert drum roll please) the player who has been a watcher for the most matches.

Why is that?
1) To increase the number of people who volunteer.
2) As a thank you to him/ her.

Of course, I only need about 10 watchers, 9 really since I will be 1 of them. If John decides to add more than 6 people per room, I think that I'll just give the rest of them to my friends here on ArmorGames(I should get SOME perks right? I am the one who decided to start this)

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i think its a great idea z. you should do that on the last 5 players. also, i dont mind being a watcher. i didnt volunteer because of my time zone... if you find players who are closer to my time zone then i wont mind. also, maybe you should have 2 watchers for each race. one of them might not show up for a reason.

Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Well I suppose that would make sense blue, but what I was planning on doing was get to the match first, invite everyone(I assume if it's a private room we'd have to invite the people), then if the watcher does not come, I could just do it myself. But I will take that idea into consideration.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Well, I could be a watcher for races. I still want to race, though. Not just be a watcher. I'm online often, and I'll go to Ghosts chat more when beta and the actual game are released so that I can race people that I liked racing and so that people can contact me easily.

Gladio
Gladio
3 posts
Nomad

I SO WANNA JOIN !!

matches: 1134
wins: 434
@ 38,27%

im not proud of it..
but ppl just knw im good..
even i havnt played that much matches

`Gladio

HulkLogan
HulkLogan
158 posts
Nomad

I oblige to the tournament, my ratio: 8500 matches, 4545 wins. 4545/8500=about 53%

Bluetone
Bluetone
7 posts
Nomad

I'd like to sign up.

2500 games
1600 wins

it's actually a lot more than that as I play as guest when in college - have over 2000 games on that account with around 1300 wins.

ClaudioDeusEst
ClaudioDeusEst
68 posts
Nomad

Another thought about seeding, Z. What happens if you set up a match based on people's win% and match number, but not all of the contestants can play at that time? Will there be an option for all of us to know the rooms beforehand and determine our own time? Also, what is the need for a watcher when we have the ability to take screenshots? Can't we fit 6 racers in a room and require them ALL to take a screeny?
-Est

Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Est, I'd rather have a watcher because then I will know that there is an honest count. Also, not everyone knows how to take a screenshot. Lastly, a tourney where it's 4 per match is a lot easier for em to do than 6 per match.

I will tell you your match, and it will be up to those 4 people to determie a time within 2 days. If I do not recieve an answer within that time, I will determine the time. And if you can't make that match at that time? Tough luck. Disqualified.

MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Oh my stats are like 1116 matches and 432 wins i would have more but i like to do trix cuz im in the EXIT BAND SUCKAZ JK.But I am in the exitband

ninjaassasin1234
ninjaassasin1234
133 posts
Nomad

I guess i will join.
I won't use this account when the tournament is here. Ima use my alt, GhostOfAssasin and my stats are 2,795 Matches, 1,269 Wins. I'm a bit rusty since a haven't played in a looooong time.

PrincessofDaisies
PrincessofDaisies
33 posts
Nomad

I'm going to echo what previous posters have said, and ask everyone to solely paste their info once, and continue discussion in another thread. It will be a huge pain to go through this, so perhaps someone can create a tournament DISCUSSION thread, and a tournament SIGN-UP thread? I might just have found a solution for people stressing over percentages. Maybe we can post our EXP? W/L doesn't really matter once you're past 500k exp imo. My two cents, sorry for talking too much even though I said this stuff should be in another thread =3

Name: DaisyKing
Matches Played: 1433
Matches Won: 560
Win/Loss Percentage: 39.08%
Experience Points: 295,005

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I want to enter!

Name:zakyman
Matches:1232