ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839355
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Am I the only one here who thinks that MW3 Multiplayer is boring? I can't seem to play more than three or four games in a row without getting tired and switching to Spec Ops, another game, or just leaving.

May be I'm still hung up on MW2...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Gets that way to me when I play for more than an hour at a time. So I just leave it on and continue playing after about twenty or so minutes.

Everyone who plays would like dedicated/better servers, so that everyone could play without lagging, shooting someone but your bullets aren't doing anything, etc.

I want more medium/large sized maps without having to pay for Elite. What is it? 50-60$ for Elite? PS3 players won't even get those maps for a month I believe. I'd probably pay for those two maps if it was just 10$ for them, but I'm not going to pay that much for two new maps when I can just get a new game.

And I want them to fix some of the current maps. Like on Outpost the reaper and AC-130 really suck because of that mountain they have, on Resistance all the buildings get in the way, Hardhat with all that construction crap, etc. Make the reaper a tad stronger, I put a missile right next to somebody and just get hit markers, and sometimes someone will be behind a box and I still get hitmarkers. Really? A wooden box is going to cover you from a missile?

The head glitching should be fixed, I'd like to at least die from someone I can see with a gun, not a head spewing out bullets.

This might make some people upset, but I really do think the type-95 should be nerfed a little bit. Most of the time one burst will kill you. Run around with quickdraw and steady aim and you'll cover close, medium, and long range.

Dead mans hand and last stand, take those out of the game. The rest of the deathstreaks are fine as is, but those two just piss people off and make them not want to play. And if their reason for those deathstreaks is that "we want it to be more newcomer friendly", then make a game mode for people levels 1-10 so that they can practice, or bring back something like combat training so they can practice, so you won't have newcomers complaining about how hard the game is for them.

Main things that make this game bad from my perspective.

Hopefully Treyarch listens to their customers and makes Black Ops 2/whatever it'll be called better.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Am I the only one here who thinks that MW3 Multiplayer is boring?

I take this back: I'm suddenly addicted to killing as many people as possible with the javelin.

I should do a Javelin montage, with 'Jolt' by Liquid Stranger playing in the background.
Levine
Levine
44 posts
Nomad

I feel like it's losing its replayability value

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Bringing back the MW2 maps would probably make it better. I mean there's only so much you can take from these current ones. And as I recall most of the MW2 maps were medium/large, so that would make it more fun.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

but I think they buffed the Javelin

I'm noticing that I'm getting a lot more kills with it, though that might be that I'm getting better with it.

Three quad kills in one game? Yes please!
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

GoM im sorry but i have to disagree with you their. i do not want cod to be recycling their maps like they have been doing. a map should be in the game only once. another thing that annoys me is the titles and emblems. they are like 70% old cod titles and emblems and the new ones really are not too good. and another, what is up with the "special" emblems? they look so cool, how do we get them? is it by getting badges in cod elite? and for the new dlc i have some recommendations. 1st, add 5 BRAND NEW maps. i would like some medium large maps like GoM said. 2nd ADD SPEC OPS MISSIONS! this should be a no brainer, you need to add at least 2 new spec ops missions. 3rd NEW EMBLEMS AND TITLES! really, your paying almost 15 bucks for only 5 maps right now. at least throw in like 2 new emblems and 2 new titles. those are the main things i think they need in the map packs. if they have all 3, i would be fine paying the 15 bucks to get it. you guys agree?

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Actually I personally liked one of the new maps.

I played it split screen at a friends house.

I think it is called italy? (Something like that)

It will be my favourite map when PS3 can get it. Until then I'll stick to seatown as my favourite.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

GoM im sorry but i have to disagree with you their. i do not want cod to be recycling their maps like they have been doing. a map should be in the game only once.

Then they should make more maps with each CoD game, and not stick to small-medium sized maps only. I know there are two-three large maps on MW3, but that's not enough. It gets really boring with the same old stuff, so next time they make a game they should make ten small maps, ten medium maps, and ten large maps, so that everyone's happy. And they should also include most of them in ground war, the exception are the really small maps (example being dome). Instead of how it is now and there are like five maps missing in ground war.
what is up with the "special" emblems?

What do you mean? Some you can get with prestige tokens, but all the others are earned in game. Titles and emblems.
I think it is called italy?

Piazza. That one looks fun, and so does liberation. That one is more sniper friendly.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

no i mean this. these are bad quality ones but their they are. the ones on the far right and left are the real ones. idk how to get these other tha the blue guy and the elite skulls

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You get those with clans, the higher the level of your clan the more titles and emblems you get. I think you make the clan stuff on Call of Duty Elite since there doesn't appear to be any other way to do it.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Just thought I should say

All akimbo machine pistols got a 30% increase of fire rate.(Worst fix ever?)

KSG and USAS now have 50% extra pellets for xbox (Best fix ever? Y NO PS3?)

And personally I hate large maps if there are no close quarters areas. For example I love lockdown because I can run around with the KSG and still be getting into good fights. But some maps which are huge and only cater to Snipers/LMGS are horrible.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

KSG and USAS now have 50% extra pellets for xbox (Best fix ever?

Yeah, I started using the KSG and I'm getting so many one shots. I don't know which secondary gun to use with a shotgun though.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I don't know which secondary gun to use with a shotgun though.

Depends on what you like and what situations you usually get in. If you want something that you can use mid range or when there are a few people and you know you can't get them all with a shotgun then I recommend the mp9 with extended mags. But if you rush a lot and go through tight crowded areas often then use an akimbo machine pistol, I personally run the akimbo mp9s or skorpions with shotguns.
auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

I've always been using the FMG9s, but those aren't any good mid-long range. I'll probably just use the MP9 with extended mags. It seems like the best long range secondary.

Showing 1561-1575 of 3990