ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839249
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Also I know for a fact you have never used recon. Why? You say that random throws are too powerful. On any map (except dome) you have to know how to throw your grenades properly and have to know where to throw them. Random hits are just as likely as random throwing knife kills.

I haven't actually played MW3 I was just reading the perks online and i stated that earlier. And actually I do throw random grenades. Back in the past with MW2 and scavenge the best thing to do was throw a flash in a room to see if anyone was in it then resupply.
R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

Random hits are just as likely as random throwing knife kills.

Half of the time, random nades, flashes, stuns etc. hit. Random throwing knives hit like a tenth of the time, if you're lucky and get hundreds of deaths unless you go looking for it. So, not really?
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

As far as I am concerned, random grenade kills and noob tubing are just plain cheap easy kills. There are people that are fair and don't use them and there are people that do for that free kill. You know if you do this or not so if you think its wrong don't do it. If you don't think its wrong then you probably aren't that good at the game and just want a free cheap kill.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Half of the time, random nades, flashes, stuns etc. hit. Random throwing knives hit like a tenth of the time, if you're lucky and get hundreds of deaths unless you go looking for it. So, not really?

A flash would explode before it hits the ground. Grenades don't do enough damage to kill from a random throw. Concussions are the only ones that it is really possible.

And I just randomly threw 20 concussions in a game of FFA in interchange and got 3 hits. So it does not hit half the time.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

And I just randomly threw 20 concussions in a game of FFA in interchange and got 3 hits. So it does not hit half the time.

Granted, thats Interchange. Try it on Dome, and you'll get a bunch of hits. But seeing as most maps are the size of Interchange or larger, it all evens out.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

In a previous post I did say that concussions in dome is the only map which is 90% chance.

Only other maps I can think of is seatown, Arkaden and possibly underground.

Yet you still have to throw it in high traffic areas. No random throwing like in dome.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Besides, even if you got a 100% hit ratio on random stun throws, the fact that they only show up on your minimap for a short time means that, by the time you got over there, it'd have worn off. Plus one of the pro perks makes the affects of recon less.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Haha guys I can see how this could be used most, domination anyone? Just chuck a stub at b-dom and BAM! Three people are hit. I can see that on dome, heck, you can barely walk five feet without killing someone or dieing. But sand, the perks are pretty well balanced. The only op one is probably assassin, but it's not nearly as bad as ghost was.
Anyways, I now have 4 thirty second clips. Two I have posted on here before, a pp90m1 clip on mission, and a p90 clip on dome. The next 2 I just uploaded and they are " processing" on my YouTube account. They are a Barrett 50. Cal on interchange and a spas12/mp9 on village. I will check to see if they loaded properly in the morning. Then, I need to put them all together to make a cool montage. Anyone know where to get some good background music?

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

What kind of back ground music you looking for I have like 30 gbs of music on my laptop but alot of it will be illegal on youtube unless you have proper authorization.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Pickpocket try making clips longer than 30 seconds.

I'm looking forward to some actual long game plays.

jozef2001
jozef2001
2 posts
Farmer

I PLAY bLACK OPS ....

jozef2001
jozef2001
2 posts
Farmer

i like call of duty games!!!

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

FFA, where everyone is spread out randomly, and 99% of the time, all camping. Do it on another game mode where you know where they'll be, you'll hit quite a lot.

Most of my frag&semtex kills are randoms, as are my hits with flash&stuns, which help me find people.

If I had Recon on, I'd f**king own.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Looks like I can't get sitrep pro from knifing my trophy system anymore. At least I only have to destroy 50 enemy equipment instead of 120 like in MW2.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

FFA, where everyone is spread out randomly, and 99% of the time, all camping. Do it on another game mode where you know where they'll be, you'll hit quite a lot.

It seems like no one plays team death. Because everyone seems to think that its so hard to get a random grenade kill. Its like the easiest thing in the world. Ive seen people get all their killstreaks by nade spamming. It was really annoying when people had scavenge becasue it was like both sides seemed to have a random grenade war.
Showing 1906-1920 of 3990