ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839159
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

However that's not very surprising as most objective based game modes are like that nowadays.

Its even spread over into paintball. Every game gets played as TDM. D:
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Its even spread over into paintball. Every game gets played as TDM. D:

i miss paintball, ever since i moved, i havent played! their are no paintball places here D: im not even sure i can still play, i used to be pretty good

anyways this has been a really long week for me, but it is almost over thankfully! that means i can work some more on my montages. so here is my priority list
1. trolling
2. awesome
3. quickscoping
i will try to do some trolling, but it hurts my kd alot, so i might not be able to finish it this weekend.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

i will try to do some trolling, but it hurts my kd alot, so i might not be able to finish it this weekend.

If that's what you're worried about then you could always create a different PSN account. It takes about five minutes.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I've been looking around for a ggod class but could not find that one that will finally llow me to use assault killstreaks.

For an offensive playstyle:
An SMG with whatever proficiency and attachment(s) you feel comfortable using. I use the P90 with silencer and rapid fire when I feel like rushing because I flank the enemies and I'd prefer to stay off the radar and kill quickly.
Recon pro, assassin pro, and steady aim pro or sitrep pro.

If you prefer assault rifles:
Most of the assault rifles are very similar, so it's up to preference. I'd recommend the FAD, ACR, SCAR, M4, or G3 for this setup. I'd use focus and extended mags for most of those guns, but for some which I'm not comfortable using the iron sights I use red dot sight and extended mags.
Recon pro, quickdraw pro, and stalker pro or steady aim pro.

For a defensive playstyle:
One of the assault rifles mentioned above except with focus or stability with a silencer or a silencer with extended mags. It depends if you plan on using scavenger. When I run scavenger I usually don't use extended mags unless the gun has a high fire rate (such as the FAD, with the FAD I'd use extended mags with scavenger).
Recon pro or scavenger pro, assassin pro, and marksman pro.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

With recon pro you can see enemies on the mini map by simply shooting them.

drose31
drose31
36 posts
Nomad

i have an old tv and i was amazed how good mw3 on the ps3 looked on this old tv. Soap mactavish R.I.P we are going to miss you. = (

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Supposedly more leaked information about Black Ops 2.

If this is true I think juggernaut will be a dominant perk. Like assassin in MW3 and stopping power in MW2. If they decide to bring back juggernaut they also need to add in stopping power to make it balanced. The time to kill in Black Ops was already long, if it stays how it was I don't want to empty a whole clip to kill one guy.

I just hope the knifing system is changed. On that page it says they added a knife melee slot:
1. Default Knife â" Takes 2 swipes to kill, you need to put it away, and take it back out like usual.
2. Tactical knife â" Takes 4 swipes to kill, as long as you are pushing the melee button however, it will keep knifing
3. Tactical hammer â" Takes longer to get out, takes 4 swipes to kill, you need to put it away and take it back out like usual, but against riot shields and machines it takes only 1 swipe to destroy.
4. Throwing knifes â" Start with 4, fast to get out, fairly accurate, but takes 2 to kill and is ranged
5. Tomahawks â" Start with 2, slow to get out, fairly innacurate, and takes 1 to kill and is ranged
6. Ballistic knife â" [Disallows use of equipment] â" A tactical knife in one hand, while a ballistic knife is in the other. You start with 2 ballistic knives, and they kill in 1 shot. These knives take a moderate time to get out. (With Bladesman on, you start with 3 ballistic knives and one ballistic knife in each hand.)

Hammer? I think that sounds silly. However the addition of throwing knives AND tomahawks sounds cool.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

GoM, this honestly sounds stupid. Some of the perks are ok but most seem dumb, too week or too strong. This was the problem with black ops in my opinion, I know it's not IW but they change too much too fast. And now that I think about it, cod doesn't really make a game every year. They make them about every other year. It's IW, then trearch, then IW again. It makes sense..... Kinda. It will be interesting to see it when it comes out cauz all of those stupid guys who think their cool will be all like "oh this is lame, I'm going back to mw3." like now "oh this is lame, im going back to black ops" and before that "oh this is lame, I'm going back to mw2" u guys get it

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Perk Ideas.

Tier 1

Recon- Same as now
Sleight of Hand- Reload Faster. Pro- Faster ADS
Blind Eye- Same as now
Scavenger- Same as now
Maraton- Unlimited Sprint. [/b]Pro-[/b] Mantle objects faster.

Tier 2
Lightweight- Move faster. Pro- Can dive.
Hardline- 1 less kill to get a killstreak. Pro 2 assists counts towards your killstreak.
Stopping Power- Increased Primary weapon Damage. Pro Increased secondary weapon damage.
Blast Shield- Same as now
Spirit- Invisible to Heartbeat sensors and motion sensors. (not invisible to UAV) Pro Invincible to C-UAV.
Tier 3-
Commando- Lunge further. Pro Recover from equipment, grenade, and knife usage faster.
Steady Aim- Same as now
Ninja- Silent footsteps. Pro Louder enemy footsteps.
Tough Skin- Take 10 more damage. (Doesn't apply to snipers or equipment. Pro No falling damage.
Hacker- Same as in Black Ops.

Camo Idea- You get camos by headshots, or by 10x the headshots in kills. Ex: 50 headshots of 500 kills.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

This sounds really dumb like having to take out a knife.

I know I'm not the only one who hates getting panic knifed while on a high kill streak, so I support the idea of a melee slot and having a perk to increase the effectiveness of your melee. In the end it'll probably be like the BF3 knifing system, but with more options.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

There's a countdown to May 1st for the world reveal. It also has some classified files with dates. The closest date is tomorrow.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

ghost i know, the panic knife cost me a moab -_-
hey i have an idea. instead of having all this stuff for the knife, why not use it like it should be used, a stealth weapon. i think that the knife should only be able to be used when you are coming up behind a person.

and for marathon, i wish they did this in mw3.
marathon-long sprint, mantle objects faster.
pro- unlimited sprint
it sounds good to me at least

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

hey i have an idea. instead of having all this stuff for the knife, why not use it like it should be used, a stealth weapon. i think that the knife should only be able to be used when you are coming up behind a person.

I like this idea. You can assassinate people or have 2 hits normally.

Actually what I would like is a way to push the person off balance and then knife them, this way they could still kill you before you knifed them, but knifing could still be effective.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

"Actually what I would like is a way to push the person off balance and then knife them, this way they could still kill you before you knifed them, but knifing could still be effective."

or for the stealth take down thing, the knifer would have to press a series of controls quickly to kill but the victum would have to say tap the x button repeatedly to break free. maybe thats too much

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

"if you could sneak kill people all your classs would have to have like a variation of dead silence/assasain pro."
not really, i mean, the footsteps arent too loud without dead silence and they could be easily missed while holding breath on a sniper.

Showing 2281-2295 of 3990