ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839136
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You could survive a semtex stick and a mortar strike. And I feel like blast shield helps a lot more in hardcore

Semtex sticks would still kill you, but otherwise I thought it was a great perk. The explosives in Black Ops actually did a lot of damage and would kill you otherwise, it's great to have flak jacket and not die from that crap. Not to mention how annoying claymores are.

But blast shield in hardcore...? I've tried it, I still die from noob tubes and the other launchers. Not worth the perk slot in its current state.
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

It just seemed like it. I dunno.

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

The multiplayer director of BO2 just released a HUGE amount of info on twitter or facebook(dont remember which one) so go check it out! His name is David Bonahaar or something like that.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

David Bonahaar

David Vonderhaar.

And there's nothing there. Or on his Facebook.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

did everyone hear the news, they're going to release 2 free multiplayer maps sometime, unfortunately they said that the maps will be "super condensed" and made mainly for 1v1 and 2v2 not for large groups so they'll be making more tiny maps as if it really need more, and if they're going to be small compared to the other maps, *shudders* i don't really want think about it. but i'll probably still get them, we have a 250 gigabyte hardrive so we're not short on memory and my brother really likes MW3, he says it's one of the best CoD's as far a multiplayer goes(for some reason)

Am I the only few here who still play Black ops?
no, no you are not, i am one of the few(apparently) who remain loyal to black ops, the best CoD to date, my brother can't stand the multiplayer but loves the zombies we even bought all of the map packs and love them all. GO BLACK OPS!!!
oh and from what i can tell MW3 actually has some good sized maps, but you have to pay for them
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

did everyone hear the news, they're going to release 2 free multiplayer maps sometime, unfortunately they said that the maps will be "super condensed" and made mainly for 1v1 and 2v2 not for large groups so they'll be making more tiny maps as if it really need more, and if they're going to be small compared to the other maps

mw3?

the best CoD to date

Debatable.

am i just a tryhard when it comes to CoD. you know with mp7 rapid fire and range range. perks scav. assassian. and siterep. secondary fmg duel weild. with throwing knives and flashes. i went 37-2

You shouldn't use rapid fire with the MP7. It only increases the rate of fire by 11% where all the other SMGs range from 25-35% increase. Instead extended mags and silencer is better.

I have a thing about playing the 'honourable' way when I play games eg. In fifa I rarely score 'trampy' goals or in CoD I never/rarely used OP guns like ACR MP7 any akimbo fully auto guns

Who cares. Assassin isn't that OP anyway. One perk that is really OP that no one notices is recon. If you do damage to someone you get a blackbird on that person for 12 seconds. If you have a full team running this you can't lose.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Assassin isn't that OP anyway.

Given that it can protect you from so many things and there's no significant con to using it over the other red perks, yes, it is that OP.
One perk that is really OP that no one notices is recon.

It's powerful, but you lose several other valuable things. The reason it's powerful is because there's no counter to it. I've went into search and destroy with a party once and we all threw flashbangs each round, it completely shutdown the enemy team because we could see exactly where they were facing and quickly eliminate them. A perk like recon should have a counter.

The counter could've been blast shield. How I would make blast shield: 75% resistant to explosives and flashes/stuns (currently is only around 40% for each, which isn't that noticeable when using). Also protects you from the effects of recon.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Who cares. Assassin isn't that OP anyway. One perk that is really OP that no one notices is recon. If you do damage to someone you get a blackbird on that person for 12 seconds. If you have a full team running this you can't lose.

I don't have a problem with assassin it makes it so that idiots that rely on radar too much get punished I'm on about OP guns... and motion sensors because they basically make you need assassin which is annoying because I like using other perks it needs to either scan slower or have a smaller radius.

Also I use recon on like every class it helps you and your team soooo much its funny because most people don't even know what it does.
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

Dead Silence makes you be up on the map for less time. I miss when MW2 was the latest Call of duty.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

or they should nerf the portable radar and do something that goes against most of MW3 which would be to make more realistic and make it so that the portable radar can't detect people through walls.

mw3?

yes MW3 here's a link
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

I miss when MW2 was the latest Call of duty.
personally i miss when black ops was the newest call of duty, when everyone was either playing black ops or MW2 that was nice
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Portable radar shouldn't even be in the game. Having a deployable constant uav is just stupid.

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

Portable radar shouldn't even be in the game. Having a deployable constant uav is just stupid.

no its not when you dont have a uav and ur trying to snipe while knowing whats around you. u can you poratble. Search and destroy u are the last one how do you watch both bases portable
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

As for me, I miss the days of CoD 4 when it actually took some measure of skill to get good. But hey, what do I know?

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

It takes skill to get good at BO i recon.

Showing 2446-2460 of 3990