ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839129
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Did you guys hear how the new black ops perk system is going to work? They're going to give you 2 choices for pro perks, but you can only choose one and you have to stick with it until the prestige is over. I'm not sure if I like it. One thing I thought of is this. It works along the same lines, and I think it would make the game more balanced. Every perk has a positive part and a negative part to it. When you unlock the pro perk, you can choose to get rid of the negative part, or you can add another positive part and keep the negative part. For example:

Ghost
+Hides you from UAV
-Louder footsteps.
Pro- Also hides you from motion sensors.

So you can either take all three of these, or only have the first one, hide from UAV.

What do you think? Oh, and by the way, I know that louder footsteps might not work because there could be a dead silence type perk, but don't hate.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

What with 3xfrag jug martydom last stand etc. I know what you mean that took so much skill... I can remember going like 120-60 on shipment using purely 3x frag sonic boom and martydom cod4 wasn't as good as you might remember it there was alot of annoying things but hey every game has faults the one thing I thought was good with cod4 was weapon balance I don't think any gun is alot better then others they all had specialities unlike in the newer cods where there are guns that dominate over the others eg. mp7 acr I think it might have been because there was only a few attatchments so they spent more time on balancing and making them equal.

I never said it was perfect. And compare to today's CoDs, it's still leap and bounds ahead even though online is broken. There were only three killstreaks, so it wasn't like MW3 where you have what seems like a hundred kill streaks active at any given time.

The guns are actually balanced to an acceptable degree unlike MW2, BO, and MW3. Besides Martyrdom and Last Stand, the perks are fine. ANd what few discrepancies there are, are ussualy negated on average size maps.

And back when CoD 4 was actually played, getting 7 kills as an average player took some measure of skill.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

@Jdogg:
They haven't confirmed that. It's just speculation.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

The guns are actually balanced to an acceptable degree unlike MW2, BO, and MW3.

Nearly all assault rifles have the same rate of fire and damage figures, excluding the AUG and FAMAS; those had a rate of fire of around 900 and damage was slightly lower for balancing purposes. They all also have different recoil patterns. All smgs are similar to each other, main differences being the recoil and ammo loadouts; some had 20 rounds, 30, and 32. LMGs worked like assault rifles with more ammo and slower movement speed. Snipers shared similar characteristics. I'd call that balanced.

Need I remind you of the god guns in CoD4? M16 and MP5, which rendered other guns in the categories useless.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

this took about 20 minuets to render. i had another video ready, but i just didnt have enough time and patience to wait another 20-30 minuets. not too bad of a clip, it might have a place in a montage somewhere down the road. as for the other montages i promessed you guys, i have 2 more clips to upload and i finish my quickscoping montage. the trolltage is actually hard, but its coming along slowly. i hope you guys enjoy the video. im gonna make a lot more stuff pretty soon (because school is almost over!) so now is the time to subscribe!

and so this is not too spammy, i think they made the snipers weak again. the last update i was using the l118a, and that was getting a lot of hit markers, so i switch to the msr. now both are getting the same amount. anyone else notice this, or is it just my bad luck?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

for all yall who have what they think are facts about black ops 2 here is a website that pickpocket or ghost of matrix showed me and it should clear things up about what you want it to have and reality

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

You guys couldve just gone watched tmartns vids...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You guys couldve just gone watched tmartns vids...

I'd rather read for two minutes than sit through several six minute videos.
L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

Alright then...

deniskarate
deniskarate
2 posts
Nomad

I THINK COD 2 IS DA BEST

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

best was the original mw
worst was black ops i felt it was a step back

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

best was the original mw
worst was black ops i felt it was a step back
why does everyone idolize modern warfare, it's not that good and why you all hatin on black ops, in my personal opinion it is the best call of duty made thus far it has great multiplayer maps AND it has wonderful zombies
matt0111
matt0111
17 posts
Shepherd

ps3 mw3 amazing almost pristiege 6... pristiege 5 level 74

matt0111
matt0111
17 posts
Shepherd

quickscoping in black ops was terrible because the banned it pretty much but that was stupid now im amazing at quickscoping in mw3

matt0111
matt0111
17 posts
Shepherd

acr pp90m1 and barrette.50 cal are my favorite gunz

Showing 2476-2490 of 3990