ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839161
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

People would easily learn these "bases" and camp outside of them.

The game modes allow 6-9 players, and with my idea you'd be able to choose which base you'd like to spawn at after you die - they'll also be far away from each other, so that's unlikely.
L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

Of course it would be nice if it was like in somebattlefield games where you can choose where you spawn after you die. But yoy can only choose objectives/areas you team holds.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I didn't get that idea from Battlefield, I actually think Battlefield's spawn system is broken as well. In game modes like rush and conquest you have a single base and it's rather easy for an organized team to spawn trap you.

My idea is to have three bases far a part from one another and you can choose which you spawn at once you die. That way it's not predictable and the whole team can't camp outside your base waiting for you.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

My idea is to have three bases far a part from one another and you can choose which you spawn at once you die. That way it's not predictable and the whole team can't camp outside your base waiting for you.

or simply make you spawn randomly from thouse three spawns. the problem would be that the maps would have to be much bigger, and that just loses the call of duty feel then.
Malkoir
Malkoir
156 posts
Nomad

This is why you play in organized teams of people with above average skill so you do the spawn trapping instead of experiencing it.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

or as i have stated before and what i believe they did in black ops, just spawn you wherever the enemy isn't

~manly man

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

the problem would be that the maps would have to be much bigger, and that just loses the call of duty feel then.

Not really. Just expand the barriers. The bases won't be a big part of the gameplay considering you can't kill or be killed while in one, they'll just give you safe spawn points.
Drelve
Drelve
2 posts
Nomad

I dont even know how this is possible, the only possible way i cant think of would be thise.

http://69b61645.seriousdeals.net

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

bases far a part from one another and you can choose which you spawn at once you die. That way it's not predictable and the whole team can't camp outside your base waiting for you.

Thats what i meant to say. Go watch battlefield 1942 gameplay and you will see what i mean.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Oh wait how about you have a spawn, but the enemy is blocked from getting too close to spawn trap and the spawn has like three exits.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

the black ops spawning system is ok as i recall, not spawning me facing away from an enemy that's looking right at me

~manly man

MadGamer96
MadGamer96
5 posts
Nomad

COD is the best game ever. Personally i think that COD Black Ops is the best gamer ever.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

the black ops spawning system is ok as i recall, not spawning me facing away from an enemy that's looking right at me

They were a lot better than MW3, that is for sure. Although one time (And only once) me and a few friends got spawn trapped on summit and I went 23-167. My K/D didn't even noticeably go down.
Imai
Imai
4 posts
Nomad

My favorite is MW2 but haven't played in a while...

Malkoir
Malkoir
156 posts
Nomad

^Why would you stay for the entire match...as soon as I go on a 6+ deathstreak I usually call it quits and take a break!

Showing 2626-2640 of 3990