The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839574
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,434 posts
Nomad

Because Noob tubes require no skill to use.

Camping requires no skill to perform >8^)

-Chillz
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,434 posts
Nomad

y cod fans r better than halo.

eh... there was nothing in that video that suggested Call of Duty was superior to the series of FPS' that redefined the First Person Shooter.

-Chillz
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

Because Noob tubes require no skill to use.
Camping requires no skill to perform >8^)
-Chillz

I never said that camping requires skill.
Anyway, everybody hates campers (except the campers)
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Ya the only good camper in my opinion is the guy guarding u while u snipe. There helpful and it's good team work. Me and my pal rotate from sniper to gaurd. Very effective

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

eh... there was nothing in that video that suggested Call of Duty was superior to the series of FPS' that redefined the First Person Shooter.
-Chillz

did u watch the video. this guy redefines noobs

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,434 posts
Nomad

did u watch the video. this guy redefines noobs

the video is a satire of the Call of Duty Community, its kinda like "Punk'd" in a form of how he annoys people. No evidence to suggest he's affiliated with Halo (as far as the sole video is concerned) nor how his actual skills in the game are, as he was apparently just doing things to annoy the other players and get laughs, which he did.

I found it pretty funny, but just because I love hearing British people talk on teh Interwebs (there's so many of them nowadays! Yahtzee, TotalBiscuit, HighFire, ITS INSANE!) and annoyed people are also funny to listen to.

So, how exactly does redefining noobs have to do with Halo?

-Chillz
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Then again, maybe the campaign will fill in the plot holes.

What? Like Makarov killing people who most probably supported his cause (he support Zakhaev's work) in order to nitch a third World War which ultimately does nothing useful? Psychopaths are more logical than that.

and since they plan to pick up the story from MW2, we might get te answers.

It would need to be done via a retcon or a poor contrivance. If they "add" anymore to the story I'm afraid it'll drive itself off the usual military-esque story.

We'd all be seriously disappointed to not know what happened to Soap, Price, and Nikolai. And Makarov as well.

It doesn't bother me, the game is too full of unrealism or cliches that I may have found very fun to do / play, but the style they did it in is "meh".

CoD4 had one map pack,

You mean the four maps introduced for free in Patch 1.6? I would consider free maps a &quotack". :P

Two excellent reasons. haha.

Reasons that would probably apply to me, I always try and be reasonable

Unfortunately, I haven't experienced the first as often as I'd like.

I never think of it as being "awesome" anymore.
I've already made my case on this topic :P

"Oh, there's that camper. Hey buddy. You just stay there. *headshot*".

It brightens my day when these players come in, lose (or even win) and feel the need to "bg" (bad game), "noobs *leave*", and etc.

Maybe you should request for a Locked "Battlefield? Put it here" thread?

Nope, FPS' aren't my thing, the main reason I highly dislike CoD is because of its influence on the Game Industry in general.

or at least a slight lean.

Right, so CoD makes the Pisa tower, one of the 7 wonders of the world in the Game Industry.
I'm interested.

(heh, that made me chuckle).

It's only fun to laugh at your own joke when someone else already has, because you've already laughed I cannot "lol". :<

Or in cod 4 you are walking there. And Boom. Noobtube. Dead. And u weren't even camping.

I've seen a player shoot a noobtube on the map "Ambush" in Call of Duty 4 at the start of a Search and Destroy round.
You want to know what happened?
A team-ace, 7 kills, 5 seconds in, with one grenade.

Anyway, everybody hates campers (except the campers)

*Raises hand* I don't, I'm happy to see people using an exploitable part of the game to their advantage, because in a competition, and even in CoD, it's not about honour, it's not about pride - it's about your K/D.

I found it pretty funny, but just because I love hearing British people talk on teh Interwebs

Generally a good laugh everytime - especially with Totalbiscuit. :P

Terrible pun, Chillz, but I would risk it for a Totalbiscuit. ^^

Also, I don't think there's a justification for having the noobtube there, sure, it's an anti-camper weapon, but it can be used to a much larger extent. To beat a camper would be easy, it would require a little more teamwork but it would ultimately have the non-camping side winning, if they're smart.
Which is how the game should be played - intelligently.

- H
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

*Raises hand* I don't, I'm happy to see people using an exploitable part of the game to their advantage, because in a competition, and even in CoD, it's not about honour, it's not about pride - it's about your K/D.

Whut. Since when is a game about K/D. It is about fun, having a nice play, and have fun in playing the game.
If u play just so u can brag with your K/D I find it kind a pathetic.

I've seen a player shoot a noobtube on the map "Ambush" in Call of Duty 4 at the start of a Search and Destroy round.

See grenade launchers are just to effective against non-campers.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Since when is a game about K/D.

It doesn't matter to me. Generally I find the "measurement of skill" to CoD players is infact K/D.

If u play just so u can brag with your K/D I find it kind a pathetic.

I hope you find people who complain about the game, people who rage, and people who harass / insult for no (good) reason are also pathetic. The majority of the playerbase could be considered pathetic.

See grenade launchers are just to effective against non-campers.

... Which is my point... :P

- H
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

Since when is a game about K/D.
It doesn't matter to me. Generally I find the "measurement of skill" to CoD players is infact K/D.

Lets be honest, camping does not require much skill, and you can get multiple kills before you even die. (Due to someone with SKILL actually thinking about throwing a grenade/flashbang or just generally owning him.

K/D is not always an indication of Skill.
Some of the great players may have been COMPLETE NOOBS at the start, resulting in ultra low KDR, but now they are owning.

Or maybe the people with low kdr are the people who ACTUALLY play objective based game, and win it for their team, and in TDM they completely waste the enemys.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

But 99% of the time, they kill nobody.
muffinman08
muffinman08
524 posts
Nomad

to be fair if you get the angles right you generally get one or two kills, i know iv got a couple of friends who got good at that
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I strongly think this is made up. I bet if u play in mw2 a noobtube 1st then weapon in a map like strike you easy could beat this up to at least 30%.

... Which is my point... :P

Ow sry didn't read good enough.

I find this kind a stupid. I used to play HC HQ Pro in mw2. So most of the time I had like 8 kills, enough deaths, but I still was in top 3 with points for capturing HQ. So I may be good (I'm not) but my KD is low because I play for the team. As someone else stated. And the bonus xp.

I hope you find people who complain about the game, people who rage, and people who harass / insult for no (good) reason are also pathetic. The majority of the playerbase could be considered pathetic.

I think I explained wrong. I mean something like this.
I have a guy in the class. He used to play MW2 all the time even though he didnt liked it. If u asked : "why do u play a game u don't like?" he said : "because I'm good at it look at my 3.1 KD."
But when u play with him u see he is the noob who boosts, camps, claymore the map, noobtubes and a lot more noobstuff.

Now that is pathetic.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

K/D is not always an indication of Skill.

It's NEVER an indication of skill.
When I lose 14/15 kill:kill ratio between me and a professional MW2 player (whatever that is) that makes me appear much better than someone who goes 50:2 in a public server.

Some of the great players may have been COMPLETE NOOBS at the start, resulting in ultra low KDR, but now they are owning.

You don't need to be good at the start to be the best in the end.
Example.

No, think about it. In say, Black Ops a cross-map Tomahawk is fairly reliable in hitting the enemy. Imagine doing it in just as much time AND with an explosive radius?

It nearly always swipes a kill.

Ow sry didn't read good enough.

No problem ^^

I find this kind a stupid. I used to play HC HQ Pro in mw2. So most of the time I had like 8 kills, enough deaths, but I still was in top 3 with points for capturing HQ. So I may be good (I'm not) but my KD is low because I play for the team. As someone else stated. And the bonus xp.

I used to do HC-HQ to use the silenced Tar-21, getting nukes. :P

I think I explained wrong. I mean something like this.

What follows is dumb :<
And yeah, pathetic. K/D Ultimately means very little and it's hard to perceive people seriously when they think they're good (at anything) because of CoD.

- H
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

No, think about it. In say, Black Ops a cross-map Tomahawk is fairly reliable in hitting the enemy. Imagine doing it in just as much time AND with an explosive radius?

It nearly always swipes a kill.

It would suck. I'm glad the noobtube has more speed.
Showing 631-645 of 3990