The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839579
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

@Highfire
I want some mods for Black Ops who make the game fun for me. Because I paid for a game I played only 3 days.

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Because I paid for a game I played only 3 days.

That... really isn't anyones problem but yours. It's not reason to make a mod for you. This is kind of one of my points of why it's a bad game, though.

Just don't buy a future MW game. :P

- H
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

That... really isn't anyones problem but yours. It's not reason to make a mod for you. This is kind of one of my points of why it's a bad game, though.

Just don't buy a future MW game. :P

- H

Well of course it is my problem but I'm almost sure that there is another person with the same problem.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Well of course it is my problem but I'm almost sure that there is another person with the same problem.

Err...
*Hint hint nudge nudge*

?

Yep, I've the same problem, but I don't honestly care because there's no point complaining about a wasted £30. I'm just gonna invest my time trying to convince people not to do the same thing I did. :P

- H
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Highfire just chill ur b****

Nar. Instead I'll copy&ampaste something I said on another forum, 76 lines of quality, more quality than CoD. (Basically, I'm not mad, and I've every reason to think MW3 is going to suck - your argument is not valid, but I'll let what I've already written do the work)

PC > Console, objectively. And as such, 64 > 32.

Do I care that they spent more on console, or that PC isn't their primary platform? Nope, they're idiots, that's why.
And how are they idiots? The developers of CoD? I'll take you through.

CoD4 was a good game, a few balance issues (Claymores were always a problem), and some bad AI (Helicopters shooting you through walls? Uh-huh. :< ), but the ability to Mod (ProMod, Obscurity, Zombies, etc) has made it the best CoD game to date (from CoD's 4-7 at least).

What happened in MW2? Lack of Dedicated Servers, foul money-making schemes, poor balance issues and Quick-scope No-scope tied in with the poor community we know now. (BF community is very bad in itself as well, which is why I don't stand by them)

Balance issues y'say?
G18 Akimbo, weapons in general were very powerful and let no measure of skill into the equation as long as A saw B faster and could actually aim - which is barely skillful.

Claymores...
Javelin?
Shotguns - hi Spas-12.

Etc. You know, if the game MW2 had catered to actually good players, professionals, even, I would not be able to say what is balanced and what is not - I would leave it to the people with a better understanding of the game.

But what is MW2? It's brainless, adrenline-rushing and fun, the reason why it's led to a bad community. If a game took skill, effort and possibly dedication I can safely say people wouldn't so mindlessly regard anything better than them as hacks or lalalalalalalala.
Starcraft II's community, as a prime example - granted, I do meet the occasional dullard who thinks that I'm a noob because I beat them, but for the most part there are really great people on there.

And you can also see this through sales going every year - they know people will buy it mindlessly just as they did the last, which brings me to the money schemes.
Do you remember the first DLC pack for Modern Warfare 2? You know when it was made? Before the games release. They held it back so they could sell it after release and grab a 30% more deal, because it was that freakin' expensive.

You know, if every person decided to buy it, but nonetheless - a terrible price for such small maps - where in Bad Company 2, I got how many maps for free? I got all Bad Company 2 maps for free, and they're MASSIVE!
Excluding Vietnam, of course.

Balance and money schemes can be tied in with Quickscope noscope - no sniper should be that versatile, and I can easily argue that it takes very little if any skill to properly quickscope noscope.
Why?
Because the first day I tried it, I had 95% accuracy on any range. I would not miss a shot, and it was nearly guaranteed a one-shot-kill.

Even though people die equally fast using any other weapon, this was still terrible because of the fluidity a sniper could be used in.

Wow.
I forgot the noob-tube as well.

Now bare in mind what Black-Ops was supposed to offer:
Modding capabilities.
An elaborate storyline with familiar characters.
CoD4-esqe gameplay.

What did we get?
No modding capabilities.
A storyline that was so simple but seemed elaborate because that's what they said, and then when you find out you're like "I guessed that -.-". (You know, if you thought about it)
Terrible balanced gameplay.
Very poor technical play.

Technical play?
You know how hard it is to make your sniper hit in Black Ops? It's not to do with skill, and it's not to do with aim - they're both easy in a CoD game, it's the bloody hit registration that screws you over. I can shoot a guy literally 5 times straight into his chest and it will not register - what the hell? Tell me what you was thinking, Treyarch!

Terrible Balance?
How about that everything has a counter? But it's more or less a coin-flip of whether or not you have said counter. Grenade Launcher > Player > Player with Flak Jacket > Grenade Launcher.

I fired a grenade launcher INTO a guy (direct hit) with Flak Jacket and it exploded. He lived.
Tell me what the hell Treyarch was thinking with that, please.
Furthermore, you have things like Blackbird, which is the bgigest enhancement of map awareness you can get (it's a shame CoD players I know don't use that aspect of a game), and seriously overpowered knowing where and when a player is spawning, facing, going.

The only problem is you can counter a counter, if people were smart enough to learn how to do that. Meh.

And then you have Modern Warfare 3 - which promises 8 more players on a server than Battlefield 3 on console, a more powerful grenade launcher, and a 2-player zombie map against better spawned actual SOLDIERS.
Herpa derp? Do you think I for one, actually give a lalalala about console in this regard? Nope.
Do you think I care about a Grenade Launcher that could surgically kill a guy - especially when I already had one in Battlefield that worked with much more "Oomph" and in a way, simplicity? Nope.
Do you think I care about 2 player survival? Given the general community and poor play of the game usually, this is not worth the cost, one bit.

Most of the assumptions on Modern Warfare 3 are to be taken with a pinch of salt, I don't like what the games have done to the industry and I hate the faces they put on - "Making great games" my lalala, and that was their response to the trash-talk by EA.

That reminds me, one of the threads (that is now closed) had some of the speech that the CEO did, and I also did a huge rant there.

Good luck, I am going to enjoy me some CoD4 ProMod, where I can actually fight people with skill.
... Actually I could go on Starcraft II where I think the highest skill-cap is. RTS' are if you ask me the hardest genre to play.
Do you guys care? You're from a BF3 forum - I'll take a guess and say nope.

See you around, hope this helps, player-count really accounts for nothing.

Peace out, bro.

- H
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Am I the only person here who doesn't particularly care about mods?

I can see why on FPS' modding isn't cared about much, but it removes accessibility to a large portion of people, the possibility of good eSports and variety in general.

Ha you have to give him some credit, Hi-Fi, you've disagreed with just about everything here,

With good reason?... :P

even the things people have said that they had proof of

I'd have probably made a hypothetical statement against it, if I were against it.

Actually, the only thing I think we've actually agreed on is that the Black Ops campaign was weak and predictable, and that claymores are a no-brainer kill.

Quite possibly, indeed. xD

As for MW3, as far as Infinity Ward goes, I'm interested in getting a copy to see where the campaign goes, at least.

The CoD4 campaign was kind of awesome, but various plot holes came through in MW2 and considering MW3 is derived from that... I can't say I like it even now.

I know how the story goes, there are a few sources that already have it on their sites

If they get the money for another game, they'll get it from the gamers who blew all their Microsoft Pts to buy ANOTHER freakin' DLC.

I hope your realize that's probably what's gonna happen with Modern Warfare 3, with the DLC's.
They know people will buy it, so they'll have high prices for the best possible income.

HI-FI, Y U NO LOVE?

At some points I've shown a liking to the general idea of Call of Duty, I just don't like its position nor execution.

haha, kidding.

:P

- H
chuggaconroy
chuggaconroy
7 posts
Nomad

yo if u wanna hit me up on ps3 to play zombies my name is Areuready123 i might not always be on but when i do i probably mw2 unless asked to play zombiees p.s. im really good at zombies and regular matches friend me if u wanna play with me

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double post but I figured this topic should go back on track - Zombies, what the hell is so enjoyable about it? I know I've mentioned it's probably friends that makes it so fun, and as such each group is kind of unique...
Let's hear it

- H

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Zombies, what the hell is so enjoyable about it?

Gives me a nice challenge and I can play it with friends. Reminds me of Resident Evil, but in an FPS game and they just come in waves. But I still like them.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

(i never read the rule its america i do wat i want.)

Lol.

Don't mind me, I don't play any of these games, so I have nothing to contribute with. I am just making my presence known.
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

Zombies, what the hell is so enjoyable about it?

It just depends on what you like to play. I am wondering the same thing about regular online multiplayer. What the hell is so enjoyable about it?
Unlike online multi, it's challenging, and you have to use your brain a bit.
it's probably friends that makes it so fun, and as such each group is kind of unique...

No, not really. Or not for me, anyway. I play Solo for Zombies, and I find that more fun than playing online. Other people just tend to screw up my strategy and get in my way. I know that sounds harsh, but it's true.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Gives me a nice challenge and I can play it with friends. Reminds me of Resident Evil, but in an FPS game and they just come in waves. But I still like them.

Constant and never-ending waves, I've never liked that philosophy since I know it can only end one way - death :P

I can imagine some players - and I would do the same sometimes getting a huge rush, with my body going a bit numb and a huge adrenline rush since our team is falling to the wave before our best score... wow :P

It just depends on what you like to play. I am wondering the same thing about regular online multiplayer. What the hell is so enjoyable about it?

The sense of being awesome compared to everyone else in the server. The idea of shooting this guy you hate in the face? :P

These don't apply to me, since I'm grumpy over the CoD series as you may've noticed, but when I play Call of Duty 4 ProMod it's to fight decent players, and to test out my accuracy / reactions, since it's easy to get rusty with them.

Especially on Bad Company 2 - my playstyle and hopefully others players' playstyle is to be cautious and rarely I get in the position where I'm not ready and need to act fast.
But, enough on that :P

Unlike online multi, it's challenging, and you have to use your brain a bit.

It would be cool to see a need for fast improvisations on it, I think one of the reasons I would get bored of Zombies is because it's too scripted and too similiar to any other of the same game mode and map.

I play Solo for Zombies, and I find that more fun than playing online.

I wouldn't enjoy Solo with something that has an end to it where you don't really achieve something - apart from a high score, but I'm fairly sure a team would do better any day :P

Other people just tend to screw up my strategy and get in my way. I know that sounds harsh, but it's true.

I wouldn't be surprised, mind you, also, I've found that some people (with my limited time playing Zombies) are very aggressive in their "leadership". If you have a tactic unfamiliar or counter-productive to theirs (Yours is to kill Zombies, there's is to hug them? XD ) it could spark some baaaaadness. :O

- H
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double post but I figured this topic should go back on track - Zombies, what the hell is so enjoyable about it? I know I've mentioned it's probably friends that makes it so fun, and as such each group is kind of unique...
Let's hear it

- H

Well as you say it is nice to play with friends and beat high scores but sometimes it is fun to join up with 3 people and do everything wrong. So to make them mad and scream trough headsets.
But the fun part in playing with friends on a couch is that everyone goes crazy when they can see death just screaming at each other and at the tv or getting so frustrated that they say that they never play it again and ten minutes later they are at round 8 already.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't do that with friends, generally if I play Magicka or another co-op game and we're just messing about we'd do it so it's out of control but we're all laughing XD

As far as trolling them? I wouldn't use Zombies for that - I'd rather fairly humiliate or annoy someone - like the ninja tactics I done on Modern Warfare 2, with banter there as to meet someone nice, but if they're bad, it's equally fun :P

- H

shkibeta
shkibeta
7 posts
Nomad

The fun part about Zombies is that its always challenging and when youre playing with a friend it is even more fun cuz you get a few nice moments that are hilarious and sometimes just awesome. And then there is the Random Weapon Box which is fun cuz you're gambling for weapons pretty much. Its just blasting away at Zombies and it gets even more fun and sometimes scary the further you go.

Showing 601-615 of 3990