The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839549
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

K/D is not always an indication of Skill.
It's NEVER an indication of skill.
When I lose 14/15 kill:kill ratio between me and a professional MW2 player (whatever that is) that makes me appear much better than someone who goes 50:2 in a public server.

What game mode were you playing?
TDM, yes.
Objective based games, not so much
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

It would suck. I'm glad the noobtube has more speed.

? What?
It does suck because that's what can happen if someone learns where to shoot at the start of a game.

- H
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

[quote]It would suck. I'm glad the noobtube has more speed.
? What?
It does suck because that's what can happen if someone learns where to shoot at the start of a game.[/quote]

Which is why I'm glad BO put a 10 second timer (?) before be able to fire noob tubes.

???
(If thats what we are talking about)
???
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Which is why I'm glad BO put a 10 second timer (?) before be able to fire noob tubes.

It would've been easier if they just balanced the map / weapons instead of simply adding something like that.

And yes, I think that's what we're talking about.

And by "easier", I meant "better". :P
It could be one of the reasons the throwing distance of explosives is so dire in Black Ops.

- H
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

thing is tubes rnt used that much anymore. flack jacket and pure *** luck saves

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

As u guys said about kd it means nothing. My kd sucks cauz When I started I kept getting killed by campers and noobs. Also, when I play capture the flag or domination I almost always come in first but with about only 8 kills. That's cauz I'm epic at that and I play for the team. I get most flags captured and such. In those games I only kill people in between me and the flag

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I strongly think this is made up. I bet if u play in mw2 a noobtube 1st then weapon in a map like strike you easy could beat this up to at least 30%

Of course its made up; Its a hyperbole. On Afghan for example, when I take 'A', most of the g'nades go far over my head. When I head towards 'B' as the OpFor, most fall miserably short. I should know; I ussualy snipe, and heads towards the bunker to pick the heads as they poke up out of 'A'.

No, think about it. In say, Black Ops a cross-map Tomahawk is fairly reliable in hitting the enemy. Imagine doing it in just as much time AND with an explosive radius?

Yeah, but Modern Warfare 2 =/= Black Ops, and M203 =/= Tomahawk. In principle, they might be *similar*, but they are totally differen't, and to compare them across games further widens the divide.

Tomahawks, Throwing Knives, and Grenade Launchers are similar in principle, and you can get some pretty awesome kills with them. But its all based on luck. Theres no skill to saying 'Hmmm, I think theres a guy over there, so I'll just press RB and see what happens'. Its all luck. Its only skill when you say, shoot throw a bunker gun slot, Or get a long shot through a window.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Its only skill when you say, shoot throw a bunker gun slot, Or get a long shot through a window.

Those are both relatively easy, it's only when you're being shot at it would be more difficult, and even then the Scar-H / ACR are the only things against you that can put a good player in a challenge.

But its all based on luck.

There's no such thing as luck...

In principle, they might be *similar*, but they are totally differen't, and to compare them across games further widens the divide.

I was talking about Call of Duty 4 but in principle they are similiar, but not totally different. The only thing I can think of is that the maps are different, but a great many of them allow the use of an aimed Grenade Launcher on Call of Duty 4.

- H
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Those are both relatively easy, it's only when you're being shot at it would be more difficult, and even then the Scar-H / ACR are the only things against you that can put a good player in a challenge.

Yes, but this is CoD we're talking about. I say 'skill' only to refer to those actions which are comparably more challenging then your standard, run-of-the-mill actions.

There's no such thing as luck...

Then you concede its entirely random?

I was talking about Call of Duty 4 but in principle they are similiar, but not totally different. The only thing I can think of is that the maps are different, but a great many of them allow the use of an aimed Grenade Launcher on Call of Duty 4.

Of course the maps allow it; if you aim a M203 up at the sky, on any map, chances are it will come down onto the map onto a spot which a player can occupy. Its just dumb luck that an opposing player is nearby to be killed.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Yes, but this is CoD we're talking about. I say 'skill' only to refer to those actions which are comparably more challenging then your standard, run-of-the-mill actions.

In that case... :P

Then you concede its entirely random?

At lower level play, certainly.

Higher level play, there's always a thought pattern involved.
Bare in mind, I'm talking about a "CoD" level of higher-level play.

Of course the maps allow it; if you aim a M203 up at the sky, on any map, chances are it will come down onto the map onto a spot which a player can occupy.

But the chances wouldn't be so high when you accurately direct it at the enemy spawn shortly after spawning.

Its just dumb luck that an opposing player is nearby to be killed.

Not when there's 100% chance that people spawn at X location at the start, and furthermore about 33.33% chance that they'll move in a certain direction after spawning - I would say it's relatively high-chance to score a kill. :P

- H
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

I just thought of something worse than Noob tubing spawn points.

Air Striking them. xD

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

i hate is the ppl with china lakes that know where to shoot and on search and destroy the fire 1 round as everyone is spawnin and it wipes ur team out

IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
259 posts
Nomad

i hate is the ppl with china lakes that know where to shoot and on search and destroy the fire 1 round as everyone is spawnin and it wipes ur team out

You can always put on Flak Jacket.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

i know u can use flack jacket but in search and destroy i rather have hardline for killstreaks or ghost for surpise but i usually respawn towards the back so to start out its 2 of us

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEo9iI1FRRM]Here's an info video for MW3.

Showing 646-660 of 3990