The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839573
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

box greeders r the worst of the worst stealin the box till they get a good wep these are the weak in zombies

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

when youre playing with a friend it is even more fun cuz you get a few nice moments that are hilarious and sometimes just awesome.

Could you elaborate please?

As in, can you give us an example of a time where you've had one of those moments?

I can't do this for CoD, sadly. :<

- H
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

with friends u can screw around do trick shots have weird packages like pistol with sniper scope

RaddyG
RaddyG
18 posts
Nomad

Got bored playing Black Ops on the 360.
Sooooo, I hopped over to my cousin's Wii and started playing CoD4.
It was actually kinda fun, even though the 360 version of CoD4 is a bajillion times better.

NoPlee
NoPlee
14 posts
Peasant

dang thats a crazy list right there

RaddyG
RaddyG
18 posts
Nomad

Lol, I actually read the list and it IS crazy !

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

I just recently played Cod4 again.

Sometimes I get a error connecting to the master server so I can't always play online

Luckily it worked this time :P

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Haha. Matt, I think the tatoo thing for the Russians was to show what ranks they were and such. And ur right, there was no info or anything. And I recently replayed the campaign and it was different. It was odd

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

matt that pic looks oddly like a noob after 10 hours of cod. when he figured out that his noobtube is not workin against ppl with flack jacket

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,434 posts
Nomad

That picture... tsk, I got one of those once. (CHILLZMASTER! WHY YOU NO LOVE GOD?) Good times... ON TOPIC NOW!

And today I address a serious issue in the Call of Duty franchise, one of the few rusty nuts that is going to eventually lead to the collapse of this tower... or at least a slight lean.

It's the community's viewpoint on the Grenade Launcher. It's immature guys, seriously. Calling the grenade launcher attachment, one of the more-fun attachments, a noob-tube and designating any using such a device as a "Noob" simply because it has the capabilities to kill in one hit? Last time I checked, a head shot does the same thing. So does an RPG. So do Claymores, yet I don't hear you (the community) calling THOSE game items "noob-mores" or "GAY-PG's" (heh, that made me chuckle).

It's an effective tool and was initially introduced in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (You remember? The one that set the bar for First-Person Shooters for years to come? The one that had the sissy-fight with Halo 3 while Bioshock strutted its stuff as GOTY awards were thrown at its feet? That one) as a balancing tool. What does it balance? CAMPERS. Call of Duty servers were LITTERED with those buggers for all of MW's life (and other games to come) and the Grenade Launcher was The Great Equalizer, the weapon that could balance out Camping.

Of course, the majority of the CoD community enjoys pitching a tent everytime they join a game, so the grenade launcher was given the title and left to rot for a year. Quickly, to address an issue, why does the CoD community camp so much more than other communities? It's the lack of balance against it. Halo has a handful of campers, only the shotgun and Energy sword cause the players to set up shop in Corner #21, on top of that, every player in Halo has an obscene amount of health compared to other shooters out, making many other weapons that the other players are probably using not effective camping weapons. In Call of Duty, the only Camping balance is the Grenade Launcher, and since its an option to have that in your specific class, Camping, like a weed, grew to exponential levels.

Now back to the weapon at hand.

The weapon, humiliated and emaciated from lack of use, found new love in DICE's 2008 console hit, Battlefield: Bad Company. In that game, the balance to Camping was not only the game's massive, sprawling, and progressive maps, but destructible environments. The grenade launcher proved the most efficient at destroying cover in the game, making it an effective tool, and in 2010's Bad Co. 2, it became one of the go-to weapons for bringing down a house on an objective. I can remember countless moments in Bad Co. 2 when I realized our countless assaults on the enemy house were just the obvious answer to a problem with an easier, out-of-the-box solution. I yelled into my mic "TAKE DOWN THE HOUSE! TAKE DOWN THE HOUSE!" Hoping some members of my team would hear. Quickly, the fire of an entire squadron of assault units fired their grenade launchers into the sky, taking out the house, getting the points, and winning the match.

So I leave you with this, CoD Community. Was I on the money, is the reason its the only placebo-balance to the Camping Craze found in shooters nowadays, or is it something different?

-Chillz

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

a noob-tube and designating any using such a device as a "Noob" simply because it has the capabilities to kill in one hit? Last time I checked, a head shot does the same thing. So does an RPG. So do Claymores, yet I don't hear you (the community) calling THOSE game items "noob-mores" or "GAY-PG's" (heh, that made me chuckle).

Because Noob tubes require no skill to use.
RPGs are always considered quite nooby by around 50% of the CoD community (if not more), although they fire all wonky compared to the noobtube and thus they are very inaccurate.
A headshot requires an amount of skill to achieve. Claymores are easy to avoid as well.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

a noob-tube and designating any using such a device as a "Noob" simply because it has the capabilities to kill in one hit? Last time I checked, a head shot does the same thing. So does an RPG. So do Claymores, yet I don't hear you (the community) calling THOSE game items "noob-mores" or "GAY-PG's" (heh, that made me chuckle).

Well if u stick with CoD 4 the RPG has more chance to kill a team mate who is right behind u than actually go straight forward.
And if u see a claymore u actually have the chance to make a quick sprint and jump over it.
Headshot is only 1 shot 1 kill with snipers and you need skill.

What does it balance? CAMPERS

Well I wouldn't call it noobtube if it actually only was useful against campers. But most of the tubers start the match. Aim. And shoot your spawn. Remember. They did this in MW2 Afghan. Or in cod 4 you are walking there. And Boom. Noobtube. Dead. And u weren't even camping.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

Even if BO this happens alot. And it is VERY annoying.

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

The problem was people used noobtubes to kill the ppl in the open not the ones in a building sniping like crazy. it pissed people off cuz these guys by the end of the day have a 2 to 1 k/d. and they talked like they were hot crap. claymores are 1 shot 1 kill if placed righted i have survived many claymore explosion. the rpg takes time to fire so it screws u in the long run. u r mistakin marksman or snipers with campers. campers are the ppl that hid facin the entry point. sniper or marksman (marksman use assualt rifles or smg for percision shootin) face out towards the battlefeild and pick u off. they r easy to kill u flank and get under the window throw grenade. the people that camp like nn frank or bin laden it might take 2 or 3 deaths b4 u kill them or they move to the open

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgW8QL0Tnj8]

y cod fans r better than halo. plz go to the bathroom b4 watchin this and plz keep liquids away from the computer

Showing 616-630 of 3990