The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839479
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

He's an Aussie. Differnt currencies you know.
Oh... well why are you using the American dollar sign then?
benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

who thinks that yahoo news is overeacting like crazy to the "leaked" video from MW3 of the little girl getting blown up? And i say liked because its obviously a marketing ploy, used by the company to draw attention back to MW3 from BF3

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

awkward that liked is meant to be leaked

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

What is worse is that our dollar is about the same as americans yet we pay almost double.

usernamebitey
usernamebitey
11 posts
Nomad

Oh... well why are you using the American dollar sign then?
Erm, it is the same currency in both countries. But it is worth less value in Australian dollars than American dollars. Honestly, though you'd've knownt thean
mad52duck
mad52duck
1 posts
Peasant

MW2 is way better than mw3, mw3 is just focused to please the quick scopers and is way to simlular to mw2, hope black ops 2 will be better... like fixing the sniper issue and making it more fast paste

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Well, I've seen some videos of the campaign and multiplayer of MW3 and it looks alright. I might get it in a few months when I'm done getting other games.

hope black ops 2 will be better

And adding more zombie maps, weapons, and fixing some of the glitches on zombies.
Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,495 posts
Nomad

I'd like a Black Ops 2. More zombies, continued campaign (I actually liked BO campaign, I just hope they don't do the same exact thing for the story, like games seem to be doing in sequels now -_-) and I liked the multiplayer better than Modern Warfare.

and making it more fast paste

CoD more fast paced?
That would be an FPS on LSD. CoD is extremely fast paced.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,434 posts
Nomad

I would like Call of Duty to take a bit of ritalin and just kinda... let the industry flow without it for a while. Just let Activision sit on its already monumental stacks of cash-flavored golden-dough cakes for a little bit, four years or so. I mean, why do you think Skyrim is such a hit? It's been FIVE SODDING YEARS. Now, I haven't played CoD:MW3 yet, but I will get it for Christmas and review it then. Until then, I've been looking at the reviews, the ones from magazines and websites are good across the board, the expected 9's and 8's, but the user reviews... oosh, a 2.3 on Metacritic... not good.

Whatever. Seriously though CoD guys, I just want to share something Activision head-honcho, Bobby Kotick, said a while back,

"I want to take the fun out of making video games,"

-And Chillz leaves you with that

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

A quote you not only took completely out of context to imply a statement completely unrelated to the games, but also failed to source for other people to look up.

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

The first thing you said would be irrelevant if people were smart enough to know how easily things can be taken out of context -- hell, you can even see the comma in the quote.

Giving the source? Meh, it means little when it can be searched alone. I doubt Chillz was implying what that quote meant literally without context, but rather took it in context to show... the irony?

- H

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

That's not how it works I'm afraid. Why should I be the one to check whether the quote HE used was fitting or even exists to begin with? You give a source EXACTLY because the context is lost otherwise.

I doubt Chillz was implying what that quote meant literally without context, but rather took it in context to show... the irony?

Except taking the quote literally is exactly what he did. I dare you to tell me the context of the message from just that. Because if you know the context, you'll realise there's exactly zero irony involved.

It STILL has nothing to do with CoD regardless.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Why should I be the one to check whether the quote HE used was fitting or even exists to begin with?

This would also be irrelevant if there was a source of trust -- these implications occur because of general mistrust, that isn't even done for bad reasons.

That, and as I said -- if he did take it out of context which given if what you say is true then he probably didn't mean it in a literal sense.

You give a source EXACTLY because the context is lost otherwise.

Again -- context could actually ruin the point he was trying to make?
And no, that doesn't mean the grounds on which he used the quote is invalid, it just means that the specific part shows irony with what Chillz - and I - have seen.

Except taking the quote literally is exactly what he did.

How do you know?

I dare you to tell me the context of the message from just that.

I don't know and I don't need to.

Because if you know the context, you'll realise there's exactly zero irony involved.

And thus no point of the quote... whatsoever?

You do not know what Chillz was trying to imply -- nor do I. Can you tell me what he's trying to say with:

Seriously though CoD guys, I just want to share something Activision head-honcho, Bobby Kotick, said a while back,

[quote]"I want to take the fun out of making video games,"

-And Chillz leaves you with that[/quote]

It STILL has nothing to do with CoD regardless.

Perhaps.

I honestly don't know what Chillz was trying to say -- being as he said SHARE something, as opposed to asking his audience ("CoD guys&quot if they remember -- it looks as if he's just trying to note something for either irony or something that could actually be accurate from Bobby Kotick.

And this is why I don't bother with this indirect stuff -- I'm picking at words that may have as much meaning as a cat eating a banana.

Chillz, come speak for yourself because I certainly can't.

- H
kentdog9
kentdog9
38 posts
Peasant

Modern Warfare 3 it is nice to meet your arrival.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Aw, I heard they took out bots on offline multiplayer. Guess I'll just have to do online multiplayer all the time when I get this. At least they still have split screen online multiplayer from what I can tell.

Showing 1021-1035 of 3990