The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839487
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

And u said opinion doesn't matter

Yeah -- but it isn't opinion that says those are sequels, they are undisputeable facts. The interpretation only need be seen as the title of the game: Modern Warfare THREE.
Thus, a sequel.

And even if its position were as a spiritual successor or something like Crysis 1 after Farcry you would expect lessons learnt.

I personally think it has improved even if u don't.

What I think is what I see as the most reasonable / logical backup. As I've said -- opinion doesn't matter.

So many people said oh I love cod 4 it was the best, so mw3 I think has a cod 4 feel to it.

*Sigh* The balance in CoD4 wasn't even totally done, only ProMod was the competitive scene.
The balance in MW3 is almost certainly worse.
And consider what's happened to the Dedicated Servers.

When it comes down to it, opinion is all that matters.

And so does caring -- I just lost that part..

In my opinion mw3 is great and just what I wanted.

Whatever that was.
Fundamental basics is something I'm straightup saying YOU lack. Is quick brainless adrenaline rushing fun that is actually done poorly -- especially for a triple A title what you want? I actually wouldn't care that much would it be for the negative affect on the game industry as a result of CoD's idiotic actions that many people have FOLLOWED with.

I also don't think BF or halo r good.

Are you trying to meet the definition of fanboy?

I think infamous is great too.

Add another irrelevant statement?

It's all opinion highfire

You're not possibly saying that what you just said were attempting to be examples. *Facepalm* -- think whatever the hell you want dude, but unless you adopt a logical / reasonable mindset of a high level you mays well just continue doing the things you're doing now. In which case, thanks for stopping better games being made. >.>

Huh? It's not in bold for me.

you obviously aren't getting someone's own opinion if they are doing this.

Can you elaborate on what you originally said then because i don't think i understood it.

Critics and reviewers are unreliable because of their deterring positions. The only deterrance for a player would be the cost and if anything is done beyond their morality -- considering most "gamers" are spineless cowards that barely adds into the equation. It was the reason I wasn't going to get Battlefield 3 -- the Physical Warfare Pack... they 'fixed' it as much as they could but still it wasn't an ideal situation.

"They will construe the game the reviewer set it as... which is a bad thing to do -- as it makes you vulnerable."

If the reviewer sees Dead Rising 2 as with a great story -- then bam, a lot of your average gamers would already be under the idea that that's one of its focuses.
Which I think we all know picking up foam hands and killing zombies with it is the main idea of it all.

You're saying that "The sequel should be judged on how much it did clean up", that's not a given fact.

Then what's a point of a sequel? To draw money from the previous game's success? No. The INTERPRETATION of a sequel is exactly what I just said, and anything less has no real reason to it -- that doesn't mean I don't accept games that have some flaws, of course they bloody do. But MW3 fixes NOTHING, relative to all of its previous games. If you can't see that it's in a different position and is called upon BY THE DEVELOPERS as a sequel ("Modern Warfare THREE&quot then what the hell are we doing here?

I could say the sequel should be judged based on how much innovative it was,

Which is one aspect you could actually consider. You also have to consider how alike it is to the previous, if it keeps well with story development, if it maintains the same atmosphere or if it's trying to, and if the goal of the game has changed.

and that would be my opinion on this.

And where is your reason to back that up?

To be honest i seriously have no idea what you are saying

It's perfectly laid out for you to read, but fine.

Battlefield 3's campaign is considered awful by most people I know -- the reason for that is because it's horrendously unoriginal and has the same key trait that all other FPS' of this time do. It's linear. It makes it boring, it takes away immersion and does so by shoving you through a corridor of quick-time sequences. It's essentially an interactive movie.
Now imagine if it had the freedom of Crysis 2 and acted as a brilliant prelude to the Multiplayer? It would go much better.

Then consider what would happen if OTHER games had massive amounts of freedom. The quick time events, "Interactive-movie"esque campaign would be very new to most people and thus would be very good, or at least "different". The idea of it isn't as good -- but the amount of those ideas flying in the air would only belong to that one game, and thus would add variety.

Others may just want more gameplay or more features.

Guess I'll argue what a sequel should be then.

All of those are your opinion, which (I may be wrong) aren't the general opinion.

Other people don't know about the plot holes. Why don't you just argue that killing someone for money is right as well? This is ALL subjective and you can just as reasonably argue that as you are this. The foundation was idiotic -- combat my bloody arguments for WHY it is instead of what you think I'm saying.

Also, how do you have terrible balancing in campaign...?

Pshh. The multiplayer is the core part of the game -- that's what I was talking about. The singleplayer shows it's already broken being as the foundation of MW2 is utterly stupid.

I already said the story didn't make sense.

Thus is a bad thing to include in a sequel.

Guess they wanted that Three on the end, huh.

Once again i have no idea what you're saying.

Basically -- you don't look at things the same way. Problem with difference? No. Problem with what blatantly appears to me as a worse way of seeing games... or stuff in general possibly? Yes.

You would be surprised by how much you can see in what people say. Their focus of oration and their points -- and how much they've been explained / elaborated on illustrates a lot of their character.

I get angry fast when it comes to arrogant people, so if i thought you were arrogant (i don't)., you would know it.

I've been called arrogant and furthermore have a huge disbelief in the general populace compared to what I think of myself. If that isn't arrogance then it's reasonable. I honestly think it is -- I've been around these forums for two years and I've hit a lot of different situations throughout that time. What am I NOT equipped to deal with on a philosophical level?

No, I'm not saying I know it all -- but this is me going around the same ring of "CoD is bad".

Not going to argue with that part, only petty little features.

And no fixes.
If they balanced Black Ops, fixed the hit registration and that was it -- and they did it properly, it would be worth twice the cost of MW3 for anyone with half a sense of what the games objectively are. Subjectively? Maybe still useless. I don't know.

- H
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

highfire you dont get this. its a VIDEOGAME! i get what i think looks good, in my opinion. i was giving more examples of my opinion by stating what i dont like and what i do like.
Really, there is no logic in videogames. people forget that they are made for fun and entertainment not for life. if you sit around and play this stuff 24/7 you probably will not have much of a future.
Also, who cares about "balance" and "logic" and stuff like this? really why does it matter? as it has been stated before, games are MADE FOR FUN and what is fun is YOUR OPINION. im so sorry that you thought that mw3 was going to be soooo good and your dissapointed with it now...wait you said it would be bad and your still saying that opinion doesnt matter? really?
once again, i say that mw3 is fun. granted the graphics are not that great, the multiplay is very fun. they added all new perks, killstreaks and weapons and thats what hooks me, new stuff. good job infinity ward, you made a game once again that i like and highfire hates

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

highfire you dont get this. its a VIDEOGAME!

Put that into retrospect.

I'll explain why in this post -- I'll just see when I can find an ample place to integrate it.

i get what i think looks good, in my opinion.

And that opinion is subject to a lot of things -- many of them could easily be unreasonable and could also not be subject to reasonable things.

i was giving more examples of my opinion by stating what i dont like and what i do like.

And if I cannot influence what you do / don't like -- then why bother trying?

Really, there is no logic in videogames.

Wrong.

people forget that they are made for fun and entertainment not for life.

You forget that people make a business from this. And when the simplest, least innovative Triple A title is scoring to the max from poor reviewers / critics, it influences the rest of the Game Industry -- that is the bad thing about it. I have already argued that objectively speaking MW3 is a bad game but moreso in that it is an AAA title that should not suck as much as it does now.

if you sit around and play this stuff 24/7 you probably will not have much of a future.

No, I sit around developing fundamental basics that stand for anything -- games included -- and put them into work, and at this point, you do not seem to see the fluidity in your ignorance.

Also, who cares about "balance" and "logic" and stuff like this?

Try any eSport Community -- Korea, being a primary country, and try someone who likes an actually good story or immersion. You're saying they need not make sense -- some don't. A story does (as it's what gives a lot of mechanics etc sense) and something that requires balance, loose or not is the gameplay -- Multiplayer specifically.

really why does it matter?

So I and others can play on different levels... casually, trying hard, playing competitively or playing for fun and directly know that everything done can be countered and / or just know that there are options available.

as it has been stated before, games are MADE FOR FUN and what is fun is YOUR OPINION.

I believe it has also been stated before that my opinion is much more logically followed and / or much more reasonable.

im so sorry that you thought that mw3 was going to be soooo good and your dissapointed with it now...

Look at the 30 pages of me debating of why it will be bad. Poor assumption made by you -- or rediculous sarcasm.

wait you said it would be bad and your still saying that opinion doesnt matter? really?

Oh, rediculous sarcasm it is.
And... ya'really.

once again, i say that mw3 is fun.

I say you're wrong -- and why.

granted the graphics are not that great,

Because they're so meaningful.
Hey -- you used rediculous sarcasm... I'm allowed to too.

the multiplay is very fun.

If you don't see the literally retarded features that composes the game and furthermore the flaws less seen in Indie Games than this Triple A.

Uh huh. I'm not one for expecting much but the lying, pathetic development of these games are something I dispute against -- and thus far, you've not provided sufficient reason to properly counter it.

they added all new perks, killstreaks and weapons and thats what hooks me,

New Perks that will make very little happen. What is actually new, let me ask.

Killstreaks that I've seen have shown balance issues and still follows to "the rich get richer" philosophy -- poor balance.
Weapons? One or two in each weapon group will stand above the rest, as with every CoD game and furthermore the actual differences between weapons is very little statistically speaking - my non-existant respect for you would dissipate to negative respect if you think a new shiny model constitutes that much of a new weapon.
Especially with all the reused icons etc.

new stuff.

Hardly.

good job infinity ward,

I beg to differ -- and with good reason.

you made a game once again that i like and highfire hates

Yep -- because I'm a reasonably cynical ******* and you're a relatively shallow guy.
Now, shall we have a discussion like this next year or will you just sit in the corner contemplating a realistic argument?

I'm actually thinking of opening a YT channel that does review-esque look ats for video games... more critical than other games, but much more realistic as a result.
Would make sense, be a bit of the counter balance to the supreme idiocy currently inhabiting the game market right now, and hey -- it would actually be a respectable opinion and the one opinion that I and others actually find respectable is Totalbiscuit.

- H
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

anyone think of any good classes yet?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

No, I sit around developing fundamental basics that stand for anything -- games included -- and put them into work, and at this point, you do not seem to see the fluidity in your ignorance.

did i say u did?
your big words r too confusing for us of the gamming community
and i think we r talking about two differnt things. im speeking just for multiplayer, not campagin
@nonconformist give this a try for sniping
L911(or whatever its called. bolt action)
fmg-9 silencer
sleight of hand
quickdraw
marksman
good class. have another one
m4a1- red dot
fmg-9-no attachment/silencer
recon
hardline
marksman
yeah thats all i got so far
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

your big words r too confusing for us of the gamming community

I learnt sophisticated lexicon from games.
You also do not represent the gaming community.

and i think we r talking about two differnt things. im speeking just for multiplayer, not campagin

I'm speaking about the game in general.

- H
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I have yet to play MW3 or seen it played, but from someone I heard in my class they had an installation problem with it and it said, "Call of Duty: Modern warfare 2 *rest of error message* So basically, they re-sold the same game from what I can tell.

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

For those of you who have the game, what do you prefer: AS50 or Barret? I prefer the AS50.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

i am a bit suprised about the hate that is being put onto MW3 by the AG community. Is it only because of the size and popularity of the franchise, or just because you don't think it is that great? So what if it is an update, yes an UPDATE, to MW2. The campaign actually is better than what I thought it would be and I like the added killstreaks. I also like the addition of the MOAB, but I might miss the tactical nuke. =P

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Is it only because of the size and popularity of the franchise, or just because you don't think it is that great?

I think it's gone down hill ever since Cod4 and they've just been reselling the same game.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I have yet to play MW3 or seen it played, but from someone I heard in my class they had an installation problem with it and it said, "Call of Duty: Modern warfare 2 *rest of error message* So basically, they re-sold the same game from what I can tell.

That's BS. It's the ongoing joke that MW3 is nothing more than MW2.5 and he's just playing along.

I haven't played the game, so bear with me.

The game looks just like MW2 and I heard it plays like MW2 as well. However, there are a lot of mechanics that have been changed, such as how perks work, how kill streaks work, and so on. There have also been many changes to the perks and weapons have been rebalanced. Anyone who says MW3 could have been a MW2 patch isn't using their head.

So what should we expect from the gameplay and graphics then? The graphics don't really have all that much room for improvement. So the game is going to look similar. The game I hear plays the same, which is what everyone wanted, right?

I swear, so many people complained that Black Ops was a **** game and that they wanted a game like MW2 but with balanced weapons and the broken perks gone. Now we have a game like MW2 but with all the fixes everyone wanted and now people are still complaining!

Everyone should know what to expect from their CoD games by now. If you want something vastly different, then play a game like Batlefield. If you want to play a game similar to all the other CoD games with a few minor differences, then get MW3.

I'm going to buy MW3 because I enjoy the CoD games. I don't expect CoD to be any different because that's just how Call of Duty is. I take the game for what it is, I don't to say "it should have been better because I wanted something different", because everyone always expects so many different things from the series.

People wanted a game like MW2 but fixed, they got it, they still complain. CoD fans are so ungrateful.

I think it's gone down hill ever since Cod4 and they've just been reselling the same game.

Well, each game is similar at the core, but there are a lot of differences between each one. I don't think it's fair to expect CoD to become a completely different game. I liked CoD4, and I remember how much people hated perks such as stopping power, last stand, and martyrdom. I find it funny that many of the people who complained about last stand in Black Ops often praise CoD4.

BTW, I personally liked martyrdoSKYRIM FINISHED DOWNLOADING, BAI.
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

In you guys honest opinions is MW3 worth it.

I have never played a COD game before and the only FPS I have is Crysis 2 (Which was pretty epic) and I am wondering if for a NEW player, is it worth it? Or should I just buy MW2 and save some money?

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

is MW3 worth it.

I am going to say yes, but I had it pre-ordered in September. If you don't want to pay the full price for a COD, then MW2 would be better, and there will still be a bunch of people online. MW3 is a game that, being a sequel, has improvements and has some different weapons and killstreaks. I guess it also depends on how many of your friends have the respective games, if you want to play with them online. It's all about what you want in a game, and your financial situation.

Do you have an Xbox or a PS3?
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

PS3.

I'm kind of sad that I finally have to get a COD game because almost everyone at school has it. Peer pressure is annoying. Every boy in school is addicted to COD and there is a massive fanboy XBOX vs PS3 war which I don't really care about.

And it was wrong of me to say I've never played a cod game. I've played COD 2 on PS1. It was surprisingly good. I thought it was going to be horrible.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I love to watch Xbox vs PS3 fanboy wars. It amuses me. Even though PS3 is wwaayyyyyy better. =P I kid....or do I? o.o

But like i said earlier, it is all about if you want the newer, improved(mostly) version, or a cheaper version that still is a good game that I won't be selling anytime soon.

Showing 991-1005 of 3990