The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839446
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I'm only getting the next cod game if Treyarch decides to put another zombie storyline in it with at least 4 maps. Otherwise I think I'm done with cod.

Really, I'll probably pick up Treyarch's games if they continue to make them because I really enjoy them. I prefer Treyarch over Infinity Ward. But yeah, more free zombie maps and a short storyline isn't too much to ask for. I'll probably get their games regardless, anyway. I enjoy FPS games, no matter how ****ty most of the new ones may seem because of all the crap they neglect to fix or even add certain things to make them better, and there's not many FPS franchises that I like, so this and Battlefield is all I'd like.
I kind of like when people use overpowered weapons because I mainly like challenges.

I'd rather it be fair and better for most people. I don't think a lot of people enjoy getting shot 2-3 times then dying, when all other guns (excluding snipers and shotguns) take 7+ bullets in general areas. It just makes the game unfun for most when you make certain guns that aren't supposed to do that much damage stronger than most. Ignore this if you want, I don't care, it's just me furthering my complaining about them.
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

It's not that I don't see your point. It just doesn't bother me as much. The shotguns are easy to kill with, only two or three shots. A great weapon is the ACR. It is great especially when you are far away from your enemy.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

not me man, i am alright with the assult rifles and snipers, but its just not exiting enough just sitting their and killing people who are dumb enough to walk infront of you. no, no. i am a smg kinda guy. more action, in my opinion, which means more fun. granted, i like to use assult rifles a lot, but my favoite gun is the ump 45. pretty awesome. and im not the idiot who runs head on into the enemy much either. i go assassin and dead silent so i ambush you from the front or the side or the back. unless you find me first, when u see me, your dead. hehe, all this stealthy stuff just shows another way that my name suits me :P

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

It's not that I don't see your point. It just doesn't bother me as much.

Yeah, I'm picky when it comes to games and I'd like for them to fix things that will probably be abused and make it unfun.
The shotguns are easy to kill with, only two or three shots.

But you have to be really close to them with most of the shotguns, and some of them are pump action, so that's slow and will give the enemy a higher chance of killing you. The only one that I really like is the Striker. It's automatic, has a good range, and has a large enough magazine, especially if you put extended mag on it.
its just not exiting enough just sitting their and killing people who are dumb enough to walk infront of you.

I've never liked sitting in a spot unless I have to (reloading, recovering from getting shot, things like that), I've always enjoyed running around maps because it's more fun to me. I mean, if you actually want to have fun, don't care about your k/d/r, don't care about kill streaks enough to sit in a corner, don't suck enough to get kill streaks running around, then run around. Unless you're using a sniper, because the whole point of sniping is sitting in spots for long periods of times and killing people, unless you're one of those people who quick scope.
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

I've never liked sitting in a spot unless I have to (reloading, recovering from getting shot, things like that), I've always enjoyed running around maps because it's more fun to me.

I agree. Though if I think I found a good spot I'll stay there for a short amount of time, but if little or none shows up then I move. The shotguns are horrible at long range, I know. But if you just run into a enemy while turning a corner, you totally get the advantage.

not me man, i am alright with the assult rifles and snipers, but its just not exiting enough just sitting their and killing people who are dumb enough to walk infront of you. no, no. i am a smg kinda guy. more action, in my opinion, which means more fun. granted, i like to use assult rifles a lot, but my favoite gun is the ump 45. pretty awesome. and im not the idiot who runs head on into the enemy much either. i go assassin and dead silent so i ambush you from the front or the side or the back. unless you find me first, when u see me, your dead. hehe, all this stealthy stuff just shows another way that my name suits me :P

I don't sit in one place with the assault rifles. They way I see it, the assault rifles are just bigger versions of Submachine guns. I find it so annoying when people sneak up like that. I used to use the revenge deathstreak, so I get them back.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I left this out, but "real gun" as in you're comparing CoD to real life...? People don't 360 in the air and kill people with knives, a tomahawk doesn't bounce five difference times and happens to kill someone a hundred yards away, pull up scopes that quickly and get a shot off against a person five feet away with a gun with a high rate of fire, and other ridiculous things that happen in those games.

People also don't get shot five times in the gut by an Ak47, go prone behind a peice of aluminium siding, then magically get healed. But hey, whose complaining?

If you made all the gunes like they were in real life, the game wouldn't be any fun. Everything would be a one shot kill in the torso/head.

Hardcore modes seemed to solve the overpowered weapons from domination. In MW2, core people use the SCAR, ACR, TAR, and UMP. Hardcore, theres a greater diversity of weapons. Mostly because theres more bullet damage, so it doesn't matter what you use. The emphasis is more about getting the jump on people, and playing smartly, rather than filling them with lead.

As for Black Ops, the online sucks. I never seem to have enough CoD Points to unlock the stuff I want, so I feel really limited as to what I can do. An interesting idea, though it fails in my opinion.

Multiplayer as a whole stinks. Checked my stats, and for my 257 deaths, 109 are from the Famas. Its waaaaaaay too overpowered. It has little recoil, great damage, and high rate of fire. The sniping sucks; its like CoD 4, but the only area for one shot kills is the head, rather than anything above the shoulder. So thats a bust.

Shotguns as primary are a waste; I'm never close enough often enough to actually get kills with them. The SMGs either are inaccurate, do no damage, or have no range. None of them appeal to me.

Kill streaks are allright. Though having the Chopper Gunner and then a controllable helicopter seems a bit OP to me. Got both of them playing a computer 9v3 with Veteran difficulty as a joke, thinking I'd get owned, and I got a 39 kill streak. :/

Zombies is fun as hell though. Kino der Toten is awesome, and Five is even better. Got to round 13 on Kino, 9 on Five, and 27 on Dead Ops Arcade. Pretty bad, I guess, but the only good spot in Five to camp is where the Mystery Box is in the basement, and I've only made it there once. Rest of my team died, and I got swamped trying to escape the hordes. Round 13 on Kino always seems to be dogs, so I always die on that one too. :/
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

If you made all the gunes like they were in real life, the game wouldn't be any fun. Everything would be a one shot kill in the torso/head.

Of course it wouldn't be fun, but they should at least balance the weapons so it's fair. I mean, getting shot three times with a sub machine gun or even machine pistols then dying isn't fun. It doesn't even make sense when it takes two shots from a shotgun and several from the assault rifles.
Zombies is fun as hell though. Kino der Toten is awesome, and Five is even better. Got to round 13 on Kino, 9 on Five, and 27 on Dead Ops Arcade. Pretty bad, I guess, but the only good spot in Five to camp is where the Mystery Box is in the basement, and I've only made it there once. Rest of my team died, and I got swamped trying to escape the hordes. Round 13 on Kino always seems to be dogs, so I always die on that one too.

Eh, after my fifth try at zombies I got the hang of it and made it to round 20. I mean, fifth or so try on Kino and Five. You just have to run in circles and kill the zombies, seems easy enough. On Kino get on the stage and do it, and on Five go to the floor where the elevator to the basement is, just keep running around. Of course you'll at least need juggernog so you don't die after two hits.
auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

but the only good spot in Five to camp is where the Mystery Box is in the basement

You're not really suppose to camp in zombies, you have to**** train if you want to make it 30+. It's the only way to survive because then the zombies have way too much health. This only works solo and 2 players.
auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

Erh, it means to just run circles, get money and use the traps.

BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

The traps are meaningless if you have a lot of zombies coming at you. Save your grenades for times when you get surrounded.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

The traps are meaningless if you have a lot of zombies coming at you.

No...
The traps kill them instantly, at least the electric ones. I don't ever use the machine guns.
Save your grenades for times when you get surrounded.

The grenades are actually useless rounds 20+. All they are used for are points at that point, they don't even kill the zombies.
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

The grenades are actually useless rounds 20+. All they are used for are points at that point, they don't even kill the zombies.

It weakens the zombies, sometimes it kills them, but weakening is good enough fo me.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

It weakens the zombies, sometimes it kills them, but weakening is good enough fo me.

Not really. At above round 25+ weapons are even useless, aside from the Thunder gun/Zeus cannon. So you have to rely on traps, and only use weapons for points since they don't kill.
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

Get the freeze gun and have a partner, it's the best. You freeze the zombies, you partner kills them. I still like the grenades.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Yeah, but that weapon is only on Five. It's good to use, just like the thunder gun, but only for emergencies so you don't waste all the ammo. The ultimate strategy on Kino is to get all the good perks (juggernog = more health, speed cola = faster reloading, mule kick = carry an extra gun, and quick revive to revive teammates if you are doing it with other people, if not then get double tap so it shoots the guns faster), run around in circles getting all the zombies into one bunch then mowing them down with the SMGs or whatever fast gun you have, then activate the traps if there are still a lot of them.

Showing 1156-1170 of 3990