ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 468165
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

I am.

Okay, I agree with that. I believe we all are bisexual but people show one side more than the other.

Thoughts can't affect genes :-$ Genes are coded into DNA. Not even possible.

I worded it wrong. I am not saying thoughts can affect genes. I am saying that the gene is already different if the parent has homosexual thoughts.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I don't see how a gene makes you think differently though.

Midnightday
Midnightday
86 posts
Nomad

I don't see how a gene makes you think differently though.

How do you think the world works?
Instincts? Breathing? Genes are the basis of your thoughts. Your drive, Your purpose.
If we didn't have genes we wouldn't have any traits.

Like I said, a human will do anything for pleasure like animals.

I don't agree with that

Plus how does a gene determine such a thing?
You are not born knowing what a male or female is. How can a gene determine it?

How did people determine what to eat? What to do with their time?

I think infants can determine female versus male. Because they need to, otherwise how would they be breastfed?

Maybe we have the ability to determine sexes when we are born. I don't think it's a super power.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Genes are the basis of your thoughts. Your drive, Your purpose.

Genes control the physical things...

how did people determine what to eat? What to do with their time?

Through living life.

Because they need to, otherwise how would they be breastfed?

They look for something to suck on...
Lol, mommy has to make them do it the first time then they learn...
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Homosexuality does exist and it is perfectly fine with me. I really don't understand the problem with it.

quickshift
quickshift
349 posts
Nomad

i think its totally wrong

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

wow very religious

subarublue89
subarublue89
323 posts
Nomad

When you are made, you get genes such as hair color, eye color, and so on. Now, the "normal" gene is to just become heterosexual since both of the parents are, heterosexual. However, I believe if one of the parents have homosexual thoughts, this can affect the gene. The homosexual part can overtake the heterosexual gene and thus making the child a homosexual. I could be wrong but they are researching into it so we will know more later.

-TotalReview

Umm, since homosexuality is a choice I don't see how a gene can make you think like one and become one. That's like saying there might possibly be a gene to make me like certain video games only, diet coke only, etc. I mean think about, a gene for your eye color makes perfect sense because we cannot change our eye color at will. Now if we could that would be a different story and there probably wouldn't be a gene for it. Like maybe our eyes might be white or black until we actually learn what an eye color is and how to change it. Now relate to what I just said about homosexuality and heterosexuality, we can't actually change what we are until we learn about both of those.
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@subarublue

You obviously know nothing about biology. Genes effect everything. And yes, they even effect what tastes you like and dislike. They effect your attitudes, competitiveness, anger, sensitivity, emotions, and everything else you can think of, including our sexuality.

Homosexuality is not a choice, just like heterosexuality is not a choice. Straight people don't choose to be straight, they just are. Same with gays and bisexuals.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Umm, since homosexuality is a choice I don't see how a gene can make you think like one and become one. That's like saying there might possibly be a gene to make me like certain video games only, diet coke only, etc. I mean think about, a gene for your eye color makes perfect sense because we cannot change our eye color at will. Now if we could that would be a different story and there probably wouldn't be a gene for it. Like maybe our eyes might be white or black until we actually learn what an eye color is and how to change it. Now relate to what I just said about homosexuality and heterosexuality, we can't actually change what we are until we learn about both of those.

Why do people keep saying homosexuality is a choice? Genes make everything you are. They actually do choose what video game you like. Well, mainly the genre. Let's say you like violent games. Your brain is already aggressive from the genes so that is why you like those games and not fluffy bunny games. Heterosexuality and homosexuality are genes. They cannot be changed and that is how it is.
subarublue89
subarublue89
323 posts
Nomad

Ok so maybe I messed up in that last post. I must have not been thinking straight because now that you bring it up I remember all that. I used a poor choice of examples. But you said that homosexuality is not a choice. I completely beg to differ. What about all those people who are heterosexuals at first but then decide to turn their life around as they increasingly become attracted to men? It's them that chose to be gay. And how would their be a gene to be homosexual if obviously someones parents can't be, because they had to reproduce somehow.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Genes make everything you are.

Bull.
Compare our generation to the last.
Our genes did not change so much.

Heterosexuality is genes?

Your brain does not even know what a male or female is at birth, it cannot assign a gene to make you attracted to it. Same with taste of things...

Too much faith on biology.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

@ subarublue89
No, it's because they didn't except the fact that they were homosexual.

subarublue89
subarublue89
323 posts
Nomad

Well Drace as much as I would like to agree with you on that you made one mistake. We don't don't know what colors are or eyes when we are born but we still get an eye color. Same with food, we may not know what the flavor of sweetness is but they may be a gene coming from our parent that makes us like sweet things.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

@ Drace
You have far to little faith in biology. Science is one of the few things you can trust.

Showing 1681-1695 of 3228