ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 468160
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
iceburn
iceburn
119 posts
Nomad

I hate when people use gay as an insult

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Ok so maybe that person was effected by this "certain" gene and was a homosexual from birth. But I am sure that not every single homosexual in the world became a homosexual because of that gene. I am sure that some men just stopped liking women after a while be whatever the reason may be. And just so you don't get the wrong idea, I would never insult a homosexual for being one or make fun of them. I just don't really agree with it and would not try to convince one to stop being one, it was their choice and I respect that.

Well, they have always had that gene. The reason you see men/women come out later is because of the environment they are in. They have always been homosexual and able to hide it but the environment they are in scares them. Most homosexuals fear of being judged so they hide their sexuality from family and friend. I wasn't saying you insult them but I was just saying in general. Teens love to say "That's so gay" which is still an insult towards homosexuals.
subarublue89
subarublue89
323 posts
Nomad

@ TotalReview

Do you truly think that all the gay people on earth are gay because of a gene? That was not a rhetorical question, I am interested in what you think. And I think that saying "That is so gay" has given the word gay another meaning, I don't think people are actually insulting gay people by that on purpose. Of course the first person who ever said that was but now a days that is pretty much the same thing as saying "That is so stupid". I can see how you would disagree with that, but we both will both truly never know.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Do you truly think that all the gay people on earth are gay because of a gene? That was not a rhetorical question, I am interested in what you think. And I think that saying "That is so gay" has given the word gay another meaning, I don't think people are actually insulting gay people by that on purpose. Of course the first person who ever said that was but now a days that is pretty much the same thing as saying "That is so stupid". I can see how you would disagree with that, but we both will both truly never know.

Why does a gene making people homosexual sound so outrageous? Genes give you hair color and eye color and basically everything about you. People think that life impact makes them choose to be homosexual because they see people come out later in life. No, life impact makes them fake being straight that whole time until they feel comfortable enough to come out. I have talked to two homosexuals and they have both told me this. They said they were always homosexual but felt the need to hide it. How many homosexuals have you talked to?

"That's so gay" is an insult. You are replacing the word stupid with gay. What if someone said "That's so straight." Everyone would laugh at him. Another derogatory statement is when people say "You're a fag." In case that is censored, it starts with an "f". People are replacing insults with homosexual terms. That is insulting them.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

@Total

Just for you to know that its nothing thats quite been proven.

There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.
subarublue89
subarublue89
323 posts
Nomad

@ Total

Ok i don't think your getting what I am saying! I have accepted your gene theory for now. I am trying to say that it's just not a gene that makes people gay! It can be the people they hang out with or one of their family members that influences them. Not all the gay people in the world are gay just because of a gene. And I think that people are using the phrase "That is so gay" sub-consciously and not aware that they are insulting gay people.

zerato5
zerato5
343 posts
Nomad

wow what you said was just so gay XD

but really if its subconcous then that means that gay seems bad beacuse it wouldnt be an insult if gay was normal ec:

hes such a heterosexual

nobody says that why....beause it normal to be heterosexual

volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

Science is one of the few things you can trust

Love, hate, joy, anger... It's all in you're genes

Aren't you kind of contridicting yourself Xzeno
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Ok i don't think your getting what I am saying! I have accepted your gene theory for now. I am trying to say that it's just not a gene that makes people gay! It can be the people they hang out with or one of their family members that influences them. Not all the gay people in the world are gay just because of a gene. And I think that people are using the phrase "That is so gay" sub-consciously and not aware that they are insulting gay people.

I do get what you are saying. I tried to show you a story of why homosexuals come out later in life. Answer my question, how many homosexuals have you talked to? Their family member or friend influences them to come out. That person has always been a homosexual because of the gene. They just never knew when to come out. Also, that is my point about "That's so gay." Everyone uses this as an insult so it provokes homophobia among especially teens.
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

It's not to provoke homophobia among others, it's just an insult that degrades homosexuals.

I also wouldn't say that family members and friends really influence them to, "come out of the closet," but those people might encourage him/her to do so.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

"Also, that is my point about "That's so gay." Everyone uses this as an insult so it provokes homophobia among especially teens."

Hah no one says it with the meaning "gay". No one even thinks of homosexuals when you say "This is so gay". Its a social thing. Since thats what everyone is heard, that "this is so gay" just mean this is stupid, thats the first thing they hear.

A homosexual gene...
hmm.
No idea how the brain can be affected in such a way to go for the opposite sex. I'm doubting the possibility.

megaxots
megaxots
55 posts
Nomad

what if sum players here are gay?

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

@ megaxots,
Then they should be proud of who they are, and shouldn't take any offence to this.

Well, the homosexual gene is just like any other gene. It defines your physical and some mental characteristics.

FlamingAmarant732
FlamingAmarant732
2 posts
Nomad

Estel you're a little bitch

FlamingAmarant732
FlamingAmarant732
2 posts
Nomad

you are a bit-ch, you fuc-king retard, get a life.

Showing 1711-1725 of 3228