ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 468142
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Exactly. If they are passed from genes, there should be some variance , no?

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

What? If there is a homosexual gene, that means there is a heterosexual gene. There's your variance just like brown, blonde, and red hair.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Variance of the rate of those who are born with gay parents and those who are not...

Oh and also they found that the first son has a 3% chance of being a homosexual, the second 4% and the third 5%, although I doubt it was confirmed.

Midnightday
Midnightday
86 posts
Nomad

Well I was the first son.

Midnightday
Midnightday
86 posts
Nomad

Lol just making your life more difficult drace.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

TotalReview (and Eyes) imply an important point: genetic influences do not necessarily follow conceptual compartmentalisations. Banish the thought from your head!

This is where the terms heritability and concordance come in. The best marker of the extent of genetic influence does come from family studies: in particular twin studies. Something that is entirely heritable (i.e. the feature is entirely determined by genes, as in some autoimmune diseases) would have a 100% concordance rate between twins i.e. if one identical twin had it, then the other would invariably have it.

For most conditions (be they physiological or pathological), the concordance rate varies, and therefore the influence of genetics varies, compared with other factors: epigenetic events, physiological stimuli and environment. It should be well obvious to everybody that 'homosexuality', among many other things, is not simply an 'on/off' thing and this particular fact has been established in scientific literature.

However, homosexuality happens to be the term that describes a whole conglomerate of other factors, and perhaps it's better to look at those without necessarily referring to homosexuality in itself. For example, sexual orientation and gender perception is sometimes, but not always, linked.
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Also, homosexuality is very complex. I doubt it is going to be just one gene. It could be a variety of genes. If it was just one gene, how would there be bisexuals? I also think the genes are from the X chromosome for gay men. You get the X chromosome from your mother so I think genes on this chromosome could make the boy think like a woman in a sense. Now, this is just a guess I am taking but it would make sense. Also, I think the environment has somewhat to do with it.

Adding onto Strop's point, it shows how complex homosexuality is. Identical twins can have the same hair color because there is not much complex about it. That is caused by one gene. Homosexuality is probably caused by multiple genes. It is like taking some of the genes from the mother instead of the father when it comes to a homosexual man.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

You know. I can't help but note that this is all restricted to talk of humans being attracted to humans.

Which is not always the case.

Strat
Strat
107 posts
Nomad

Perhaps you'd like to start a new thread on what seems to be a separate topic?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I wouldn't know where to start :P

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Almost all bamboo's are bisexuals. Yes of course I suppose it is because they all have the similar genes, and whenever they reproduce another bisexual drops out.

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

Look up some information regarding the animal called Bonobo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonobo#Sexual_social_behavior

It's a type of ape or monkey, I forget which, that has recorded accounts of having observed engaging in all of the following sexual activities: face-to-face genital sex (most frequently female-female, then male-female and male-male), tongue kissing, and oral sex.[17] In scientific literature, the female-female sex is often referred to as GG rubbing or genital-genital rubbing.

It's some deffinite evidence of homosexuality in nature. Maybe their jsut hedonists

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

[quote]I don't even think religion is part of this topic...it's either you're against it or you're not people geez. Don't bring a million beliefs into it cause you want to.

Theres alot more too it then either "your against it or your not... So many people have their own beliefs of how sometimes its good, and others its bad.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Almost all bamboo's are bisexuals. Yes of course I suppose it is because they all have the similar genes, and whenever they reproduce another bisexual drops out.

(I think that was bonobo, as dizzyk pointed out), but one could say that the bonobo monkeys had a culture of bisexual activity, unlike that of humans, in accordance to the consideration that genes is but one part of the picture.

Maybe their jsut hedonists

Not to encourage irresponsibility here but in general, sex is fun, y'know? :P
Muddle
Muddle
104 posts
Nomad

"Why should everyone go around expecting everyone else to be g.ay? It is just easier if people would accept it already.
So are you trying to say that the people against g.ays may be g.ay themselves? Because if you are, yes this is true. I am sure"

Very well said

Showing 1801-1815 of 3228