ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 468103
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

I don't get why homosexuals are looked at weird when they kiss. However, heterosexuals rubbing each other is acceptable.

Sadly this is true, with all the homophobia and everyone always calling each other gay, every time someone even acts gay (maybe just something making fun of gays too) everyone is always like eeeeeewwwww, it seriously bothers me
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

The word gay has been used so much as a general insult that it has become an acceptable word to use when it should not be this way. It must be hard for gay people to live their lives i think. With all this abuse. I mean u only have to read some of the posts that have been made to see how many ignorant fucks there are out there.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

@Woody_7007, what i would want to know is who came up with the term gay people? also just the people on this is nothing compared to the people around here.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Sadly this is true, with all the homophobia and everyone always calling each other gay, every time someone even acts gay (maybe just something making fun of gays too) everyone is always like eeeeeewwwww, it seriously bothers me

Gay is now a term for stupid, annoying, dumb, and so many other insults. I get angry when people say, "This computer is so gay." People, a computer does not have sexual preferences.
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

Gay is now a term for stupid, annoying, dumb, and so many other insults. I get angry when people say, "This computer is so gay." People, a computer does not have sexual preferences.
very true, i do use that term (even though i am bi) from time to time, but ting is most people use it to describe nearly everything
TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

very true, i do use that term (even though i am bi) from time to time, but ting is most people use it to describe nearly everything

It is a fad but this one is actually bad. Even though it may not directly hurt a homosexual, "That's so gay" can cause someone to insult a homosexual further. A fad that does not hurt anyone is the word "dude".
Midnightday
Midnightday
86 posts
Nomad

yea u are sopposed to shun them i think it says... i dont have a problem wiht them aslong as they dont get near me cuz theres nothing more annoying then well imagine this ain a gay voice"omg no way" "ohh ur a bigggg boy arnt U" imsrry but it annoys the hell outa me

lmfao
Omg no way you soooo just insulted me!!! I like never talk like that. And boy please I am sure no one is lookin at you. Straight bois these days need to get there act together For REALL!!!!

hahahaaha i don't really talk like that. But i could if i wanted to (like i just did) and i don't really see why there's a problem with that.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I don't get why homosexuals are looked at weird when they kiss. However, heterosexuals rubbing each other is acceptable.

Generally, heterosexuals rubbing each other (I lol'd at that turn of phrase) is either prefaced with a "no homo" pact (that also makes me lol) or is discouraged under the guise of "heteronormative" behaviors.

That is to say the behaviors that clearly identify you as heterosexual. But if you think about it, you don't really have to do that purposefully unless you might be pretending or putting on a front, or convincing yourself...

My only objection to the word "gay", prevalent that it is now, is that it's overused. It's like the word "got": if you have to use it, you're not thinking hard enough.
Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

btw I'm not flaming all of yall but it is really irritating when religion is brought into something that doesn't have anything to do with the subject.

You do realize that the ENTIRE issue of homosexuality is a religious/moral one?
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

You do realize that the ENTIRE issue of homosexuality is a religious/moral one?

I'd disagree that ALL of the issue of homosexuality is of religious morals. There are people out there who are not religious and might discriminate against homosexuals. And others may discriminate ultimately because it is weird and foreign to them. I'd say there are many religious people against this, but it isn't correct to label the WHOLE issue based on religious morals.

Generally, heterosexuals rubbing each other (I lol'd at that turn of phrase) is either prefaced with a "no homo" pact

I also lolled at this, WHICH I JUST FIGURED OUT IS AN ACTUAL WORD.

Anyway, heterosexuals rubbing eachother wouldn't be, "no homo." The proper term would be, "no hetero." LOL
MosaicMan3
MosaicMan3
78 posts
Treasurer

I didn't want to catch up by reading everything so Im just going to jump in.

I have a co-worker who is a lesbian. Now she looks/acts/sounds like a man naturally. She has arm hair, a deep voice for a woman and she is freaking cool to work with. at true "homo" has to be born with this... er, um, uhh... differance. :/

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Women have arm hair you know XP

Maybe your co-worker was once a man. Who knows? I wouldn't suggest asking..er..her, but I'd just live on. Seriously, lesbians are some of the coolest people on the planet, just look at Ellen!

MosaicMan3
MosaicMan3
78 posts
Treasurer

Personally I support homosexuality. I'm straight but I don't see anything wrong with is, since we do live in america and everybody desirves equal rights

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

everybody desirves equal rights

Not everybody. But the gays are certainly the LEAST of our worries in this regard. And in the grand scheme of things, this is such a SMALL detail to worry about.
MosaicMan3
MosaicMan3
78 posts
Treasurer

Megamickel are you gay, so you do know what it is like to be gay? From everything I see and hear you can only immangine living a life of being prejudged and limited marriage. It's very close minded to pick and choose what are the actual small details.

(No hard feelings, I just like a good debate)

Showing 1981-1995 of 3228