ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 468087
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
scarblade619
scarblade619
198 posts
Nomad

@ zophia

Very well , I wont blame you for your sexual attractions , you cant help it neither can I , however , having the mentality that religion causes mayhem and chaos in history , well there you are pretty much wrong , you should read up on the different religions before you decide to claim that religion is the reason for all that

IIDAMAN
IIDAMAN
27 posts
Peasant

People have the right to love one another. It's their decision and not anyone elses.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@scarblade619:
I am not saying it's all bad, what religions have done.
But look at things fundamentalists say and do, there's many examples of just plain stupidity.
History related, I'm just referring to religious wars... It's not as bad today as it once was, though, thank whatever god you may wish to.
I did not mean to say religion is the cause of all mayhem and chaos. It has a lot of good sides too, but the fanatics of any religion who try to force their beliefs unto others... Well, they have caused murders and rapes...

Oh blergh. I don't wanna take this discussion on yet another forum. Can't we just agree to disagree?

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

ewww

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Ewww what? That's your whole opinion on the subject? *sigh* AP hunter much, no?

XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

NEW QUESTION/POINT OF THREAD: Since this has gotten a bit old and tiresome, lets move on to why so many straight people, or even people who don't even know gays, care so much about thier equality?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Wee, new point of the insanely long thread!

I don't know, though. There really shouldn't be an equality to care about, it should be standard equal rights... At least on the legal side, with registered partnerships counting just as much as m/f marriage.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I care for their equality because they are people, too. Non- whites and women won their freedom, so why can't the gays have freedom, too?

RoyalMarine
RoyalMarine
21 posts
Nomad

In the UK same sex marriages are now completey legal and equal to straight marriages. So in that area gay rights are fine back home. I'm not sure about other places like the US though. I understand there's still lots of homophobic sentiments ovr there. I have always wondered thpugh ( a bit off topic) what the priest says at a gay marriage. You may now kiss the bride type thing. Does anyone know out of curiosity?

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Dang 211!!! Last time I was on it was to 150!! In the UK same Sex marriage is legal!!! :O

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

wow, all you morons have been talking about gay people for over 210 pages...... that's pretty sad

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

I gotta agree with him!!! I thought itd be solved!!! I think gay people shouldnt be allowed.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Gay people shouldn't be allowed? So, if someone is gay, his/her choice or not, society should just off them? That sounds like a great plan.

And, Craze, I doubt a serious topic such as homosexuality can and will be "solved" soon within the government, let alone on a website.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

First of all , I don't believe in the teachings of the bible , I have my own book , Second , My book condems the gays , when i say i don't support their cause it means that I am against what they stand for

That interests me. What book is this and by what authority does it claim?

Speaking of the Bible, I have another suggested reading. Disclaimer: Take this as you will, but I do not hold Christian beliefs. Anyway, try 1 Corinthians 6. The relatively liberal NIV translation does indeed state thus:

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NIV)

Like zomg, what's this about homosexual offenders? Let's go on:

"Everything is permissible for me"â"but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"â"but I will not be mastered by anything. "Food for the stomach and the stomach for food"â"but God will destroy them both. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

1 Corinthians 6:12-13 (NIV)

What does this mean? "Everything is permissible for me" is referring to a Corinthian saying that was popular at the time. However Paul (the apostle whose letters were transcribed in this book and most of the rest of the New Testament) is making a point that even if you can find some behavior permissible in concept, it will nonetheless have real ramifications to your physical self. It's not as if one can say something is so and it will be so- on this world there are still trends and consequences. I'm of the opinion that the laws as set out all the way back from the covenants of Abraham and Moses etc. were deliberately prescriptive because to reflect the lack of reason and philosophy of the time. It was only closer to the supposed time of Jesus etc. that concepts and rules of behavior started gaining a rational framework, which is the background by which Paul could set up his arguments. In fact this is especially so seeing as much of his work was directed against those who lived divisively by legalistic reason (as described in Galatians).

Anyway, there has been much argument about whether there was reason for the various rules and interpretations and the way they changed. I've already provided a broad overview, but I don't think it's a stretch to think that certain rules were imposed because there was a very real health concern whilst others reflect a general (and irrational) fear of the unknown (by which I refer to the laws regarding womens' menstrual cycles).

To get to the specifics of the topic, homosexual conduct back in the day was actually a) openly commonplace b) almost exclusively associated with a sordid mix of powergames and political intrigue, plus c) an unhealthy focus on hedonism, which in turn was associated with the social institutions that exercised all kinds of immoralities both directly and indirectly. While it could be argued that there are certain elements of homosexual behavior/culture these days that follow the same patterns, the discussion has broadened significantly such that the significance of said social institutions from back in the day no longer really have any bearing.

My secular interpretation: moderation, a little caution and for the love of God use protection. On one level, come as you are, but on another, that doesn't change the fact that certain things are more likely to harm you than others, for example intravenous drug use, unprotected sex and smoking.
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

My secular interpretation: moderation, a little caution and for the love of God use protection.

Spot on. HIV and AIDS would not have spread so quickly were it not for the homosexual populations. Then again, you can't blame them, seeing as so little was known about the diseases back then.
Showing 2071-2085 of 3228