ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 468079
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

I don't care one way or the other.
I'm not gay, nor do I feel threatened by gays. I really don't see myself wasting any energy on caring one way or the other.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Well i do care that people get equal rights. Especially since my dad got so much stick for being black back in the 70s and 80s but i wouldnt go so far as to go on gay rights marches or anything like that.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

I'm sick of the religion argument. America is NOT a theocracy. If you've got your own personal vendetta against homosexual people, that's your problem. Religion has no place in our government, other than giving our leaders the morals they need to keep the country safe, and lead with care.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Whatever,
Homosexuality is just a scapegoat to distract us from the REAL issues threatening our country. If no one had made a big deal out of it, it wouldn't be an issue (as opposed to things like oil, which are a big issue REGARDLESS of whether we talk about them or not).

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

Homosexuality is just a scapegoat to distract us from the REAL issues threatening our country

It's a "big deal" because we wanted basic human rights. Sorry the gays took the focus off of the drugs and oil with our marching and petitions. When we have those rights we make such a big deal about then the issue will be gone. It had to be made an issue. When should civil rights take back seat to stoners going to jail and the high gas prices?
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Homosexuality is just a scapegoat to distract us from the REAL issues threatening our country

The funny thing is that kris has read it in a way I wouldn't have, but I'm not sure how to read it myself.

It would probably be helpful to specify who you think is doing the scapegoating, Mega. Either way, kris is still right: anything that is a big deal because people talk about it is still a big deal precisely because it is being talked about, therefore is not necessarily a distraction.

I mean, previously it wasn't a big deal, it was just part of a systemic, institutionalised suppression of human rights.
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

I mean, previously it wasn't a big deal, it was just part of a systemic, institutionalised suppression of human rights.

That made me laugh.
Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

If people didn't worry about it then rights wouldn't be an issue because no one would CARE. It's the same as any other rights issue - the reason oppression exists is because people identify themselves as part of the oppressed group - if "gay" were just a part of the person and not an identifier, then no one would bother oppressing them. Do people oppress others based on their favorite soft drink? No, because we don't group ourselves by the Pepsis and the Cokes.

XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

My problem is that they are so serious all the time.

Why do you care that people don't accept you, or that you can't get married?

Isn't it enough that you can live with who you want, and love them as you wish?

What's so great about marriage anyway?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Why do you care that people don't accept you, or that you can't get married?

It is always hard if your relationship is accepted, whether it is because of homosexuality or not. I mean, you are going to care to a certain degree what your family and friends think about your relationship. And I am sure it hurts if they don't approve.

What's so great about marriage anyway?

There are legal benefits that come with marriage.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Can anyone verify that the homosexuality rate has risen?

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@XeroGeez

Replace gay people with straight people in your argument. Does it sound fair to you now?

@Drace

It's very difficult to tell. Studies on homosexuality rates vary so wildly that I doubt there's a way to tell if homosexuality rates have risen.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Isn't it enough that you can live with who you want, and love them as you wish?

Some homosexual couples are lucky if they get that much. Hell, some homosexuals are lucky to come out of the closet because of fear of being persecuted.
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

@XeroGeez
Replace gay people with straight people in your argument. Does it sound fair to you now?
Yes. I honestly see nothing great about marriage.
dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

live and let live

Showing 2101-2115 of 3228