ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 468080
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@XeroGeez

So if it's no big deal to you, why not let them marry? If it doesn't effect you, why deny them that right?

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

i could care less about homosexualality. it doesn't bother me or affect my life so i don't care about them. it is thier preference and lifestyle so let them be. i just feel homosexuals should not mary because it goes against the sanctity of marriage. maybe they should create a gay form of marriage just for same-sex couples. then everyone wins.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I'm afraid of gay people......... They do some messed up things

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Not all gay people do messed up things... most are actually quite nice...

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

i just feel homosexuals should not mary because it goes against the sanctity of marriage. maybe they should create a gay form of marriage just for same-sex couples. then everyone wins.

Because Britney Spears' 55-hour marriage was totally sanctified.

And, they do have a "marriage" for same sex couples. Wait, separate-but-equal institutions? This sounds familiar...Hmmm....
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

yeah, but they still creep me out (shudder)

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

couples who practice different religions have different marriages so why can't people who practice differnt sexual prefernces have different marriages? there goes your seperate but equal defence.

XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

@XeroGeez
So if it's no big deal to you, why not let them marry? If it doesn't effect you, why deny them that right?
What the hell?

Stop assuming.

I think they should be able to do what they want, but they shouldn't whine over things that don't matter.
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Religion is understandable...But what about the homosexuals who are Christians? Where does that leave them? A "Civil Union" comes nothing close to the reality of true marriage, but the law says it is. All it is is filling out a bunch of paperwork.

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

Why do you care that people don't accept you, or that you can't get married?

Why do we care that we can't get married. Why did women care that they couldn't vote? Why did inter-racial couples care they couldn't get married since they were allowed to cohabitant? Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it doesn't matter. Discrimination always matters. At least, it matters to the people who are being discriminated against. Just because some people see it as no big deal doesn't change the fact that it is.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Somehow I see the reasoning in religions refusing to marry gay couples... And I don't think the governments can really force the churches (or whatever, depending on the religion) to accept doing same sex wedding ceremonies...
Still I think it's sad that they refuse. I personally don't understand the wanting to get married thing, but my girlfriend does. Somewhere down the line it could be kind sweet to be able to get married... I dunno. I think people should stop thinking it's so wrong.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

You have it sightly jumbled. The government isn't trying to force religions to allow gay marriages. You can't force beliefs on someone. There are two separate marriages. Marriages within your church or belief. In Christian churches you become a union under God. Then there is marriage within the government, to legally be a partnership, or marriage. No one wanst to force religions to allow it, but they do want the government to allow people to be a partnership/union/marriage of two people no matter what sex. Who are we to say to someone that they cannot be withing a legal partnership with whomever they please?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I actually think the purely legal marriage is allowed in the country I live in... Not completely sure, might just be 'registered partnership' stuff...
Only thing I meant, was, I think it's sad that, for example, Christians who are in same sex relationships can't get married within their church system because many interpret the bible as saying it is wrong.

Also, I've heard some senseless people argue against the "law marriage" by saying that, if same sex marriage should be allowed, then aren't some people gonna want to marry their dog or something next??
Stupid, I say. But it has been used as an argument against the same sex marriage.

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

To add to some of your comments Zophia, I think it's silly that people say they want to &quotreserve the santicty of marriage" in America more than fifty percent of marriages end in divorce. I think the "sanctity of marriage" has been lost for quite some time now.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Indeed it has.
I've heard some people say gay marriages (where they are allowed) tend to last better than straight ones. Averagely that is. I don't know how much to put in it, though, since there's less gay marriages to judge from...

*must stop stalking this thread*

Showing 2116-2130 of 3228