ForumsGamesSkyrim!

1122 216837
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Let's make this the place on AG for anything and everything about Elder Scrolls 5! I'm so excited about it!

• 1,122 Replies
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

atleast not for the next 5 year thats their usual time to make 1.
and they probably wont say anything about it untill then

Sorry to say but this was only the time between oblivion and Skyrim. It took 2, 6, 4 and then 5 years to make the games, and for we know Bethesda might go AAA and release a sloppy title every year.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Look on be bright side, I'm sure they're working on the next elder scrolls game, and they could just be releasing DLCs (in addition to extra money) to help hold us off until he next one. Perhaps they're keeping us content with new stuff so the wait won't be as bad.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

and for we know Bethesda might go AAA and release a sloppy title every year.

unlikely, bethesda is a more intelligent company. they would have done so already. but i can't think of 1 title title the got that has a yearly release.
if they would be only after the money. then they would have released fallout online. but they didn't.
they want to make good games. not sloppy games.

(to think of it, is AC bethesda?)
tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

Bethesda works on smaller projects while taking a long to make great games (skyrim, morrowind). It's an amazing idea and great business plan.

404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

I love the game but I'm disapointed with bethesda at late, I have a PS3 and I've been waiting months for the DLC. And they shouldn't blame it on the PS3 because every other compnay seems to put out DLC for multiple consoles with no problem.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I love the game but I'm disapointed with bethesda at late, I have a PS3 and I've been waiting months for the DLC. And they shouldn't blame it on the PS3 because every other compnay seems to put out DLC for multiple consoles with no problem.

Yes, I know every other company does it to, but that is because every other company uses a other engine. The Creation Engine is just to good for the PS3 and if the Xbox 360 didn't have shared memory they couldn't run it to.
And if you follow Bethesda people on Twitter, or check game sites (like I did) you know they said that PS3 DLC is close to release, although they didn't say which one.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

If I trust the UESP site, none of the DLC has been released for PS3 yet, so they're probably working on releasing Dawnguard first.

Besch
Besch
37 posts
Scribe

Maybe Bethesda especially hates the PS3 developing kit.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

My biggest problem with the Elder scrolls lately is it lacks variety. The only unique items you get are from quests. But you are always going to get a steel weapon at level 5 a glass weapon at level 15 and daedric weapons at level 30. Why cant there be items with random prefixes that do different things. I think bethesda needs to take a page from borderlands book and add some variety, instead of making DLC to keep their game going

Besch
Besch
37 posts
Scribe

Well, there WAS a mod called Morrow Loot that changed the loot system of Skyrim to Morrowind standard. Then you would be able to find even a legendary item in a basket. However, the mod was removed by the user on Nexus (why?).

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

it lacks variety

Mods FTW!!

bethesda needs to take a page from borderlands book

they had fixed items in morrowind. the level based world and items crap is only in the last 2 games.

a mod called Morrow Loot that changed the loot system of Skyrim to Morrowind

morrowind had no random items. all items are where they are. i dunno how this can become a system for skyrim.
(maybe you can still find it on steam)
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

they had fixed items in morrowind. the level based world and items crap is only in the last 2 games.

YAY! That'll make it that much more interesting not having to wait forever to get a decent weapon. You guys are almost killing me, I keep wanting morrowind more and more the more I hear about it.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

YAY! That'll make it that much more interesting not having to wait forever to get a decent weapon.

dont think you can survive everywhere on the map on level 1 tho. but a decent weapon would be no problem. =)
the world isn't level based either. (how it should be)
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

What do you mean by..... All of that? Are some enemies level based, like they're always as tough no matter what level you're on? How about things like the Dark Brotherhood, are they level based?

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

What do you mean by..... All of that? Are some enemies level based, like they're always as tough no matter what level you're on? How about things like the Dark Brotherhood, are they level based?

Some enemies are level based, and some are not. Mountain lions will destroy you at level 15, but are pretty weak at higher levels. Mudcrabs are one hit kills after a short time. However guards seem to always be a tough fight no matter the level. Different versions of dragons are also at a certain level, but they disappear as you level up, and tougher dragons appear.
Showing 1081-1095 of 1122