ForumsGamesSkyrim!

1122 217165
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Let's make this the place on AG for anything and everything about Elder Scrolls 5! I'm so excited about it!

• 1,122 Replies
SniperBullet
SniperBullet
40 posts
Peasant

i havent even got dawngaurd! do you think it would be ok to buy hearthfire without playing dawngaurd?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

i havent even got dawngaurd! do you think it would be ok to buy hearthfire without playing dawngaurd?
i see absolutely no reason why there would be a problem
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

No problem I think. Dawnguard isn't that good and it adds nothing you need for Heartfire I believe.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

So.. I have good news! They kept their end of the deal and released Hearthfire for PC exactly a month later:

"Bethesda Softworks just announced that the Skyrim DLC Hearthfire is now available for purchase and download on Steam, with a price of $4.99 USD. PS3 users will have to wait a while longer for news."
UESPWiki

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I'm so incredibly excited!

Have you guys seen the trailer for the next DLC coming on XBox december 4th?

Official Trailer

It's about another Dragonborn in Solstheim, the island that was already part of Morrowind's second official expansion. And it looks like it will include some architecture/armor/creatures from Morrowind! There must be a god after all...

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Wow, I was waiting for a resurrection of this thread but to be honest. I am not that excited. I mean Heartfire DLC was a fail for pc, and Dawnguard wasn't what I expected. I mean Bethesda said that they would make 2 DLC who aren't small like Horse Armor but big. But I have yet to see a DLC who matches The Shivering Isles.
And to be honest. I hate the idea of riding dragons. It is just wrong.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I think Solstheim could easily be made the approximate size of the Shivering Isles, or at least match it in content. Dawnguard's point was to expand on the vampires, which they did. Hearthfire's point is to make you able to build your own house, which it does with some restrictions. But Dragonborn will be the first DLC, in my opinion, to really focus on a new location; I mean it's a whole island we're talking about. Personally I think it will be Skyrim's best expansion yet.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Yes I to think it will be the best since it will be the last.
I believe that before the release, Bethesda said they wanted to make more DLC that are worthy of the name DLC. I believe it also said they would do 2 big DLC's.
But the weird part about the DLC are the mushrooms and Bull Netch who weren't feutered in Morrowind's Solstheim.

latpasko
latpasko
295 posts
Nomad

i'd rather they work on a new elder scrolls, rather than just dlc's.
on that note, i hope they make the next game in the homeland of the lizard-men.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

But the weird part about the DLC are the mushrooms and Bull Netch who weren't feutered in Morrowind's Solstheim.

Yes, I think I even recognized some Redoran houses and Telvanni towers in the trailer. But remember that Vvardenfell was destroyed by the eruption of the Red Mountain (curse them for that...) almost 200 years before the event of Skyrim. I also found this in the events timeline on UESP.net:

4E 5-6 â" Red Mountain erupts; Vvardenfell is destroyed.

- [blablabla, some explanation of how it came to the catastrophe]
- The Argonians invade southern Morrowind after the eruption of Red Mountain and cripple House Telvanni.
- Skyrim offers Solstheim to the Dunmer.

Which explains the presence of Dunmer architecture and probably also netch farms on Solstheim 200 years later.

i'd rather they work on a new elder scrolls, rather than just dlc's.
on that note, i hope they make the next game in the homeland of the lizard-men.

I think it's ok if they give out some fresh new content for Skyrim. After all, with The Elder Scrolls Online abomination in development, I'm skeptical that we'll see a new "regular" TES anytime soon. But if you want to talk about how you imagine TES VI, please go to the general TES thread.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

This seems like a logical explanation. But I hope this DLC will offer us more background story and more Devine beings. That's what I likes about Shivering Isles and KOTN you were fighting with a god, which makes it a little bit extra awesome because they can take you to amazing places like the final battle in KOTN way above Tamriel.

I think it's ok if they give out some fresh new content for Skyrim. After all, with The Elder Scrolls Online abomination in development, I'm skeptical that we'll see a new "regular" TES anytime soon. But if you want to talk about how you imagine TES VI, please go to the general TES thread.

TES Online is made by Zenimax and I don't think Bethesda lets their entire crew work on Dragonborn DLC.
Probably they are busy with a new Fallout, maybe already making ideas for next TES game or making up a brand new IP.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Sadly the Fourth Era Blood Moon already happened during Hircines quest in Skyrim, so that sort of discards that possibility.. seeing as it will be about another dragonborn, I can't imagine what sort of deity could be involved. Unless Kyne herself deems it necessary to appear^^

TES Online is made by Zenimax and I don't think Bethesda lets their entire crew work on Dragonborn DLC.
Probably they are busy with a new Fallout, maybe already making ideas for next TES game or making up a brand new IP.

Well I hope they didn't finish the series, but making another one parallel to the MMO and after the grandiose "climax" in Skyrims main quests (you save the whole world after all) I can hardly imagine a continuation other than the Thalmor issue. Which may bring us to Sumerset Isles, to them darnable goblin trainers. Ugh..
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Well, maybe Akatosh again but it seems unlikely, don't know why.
But I was browsing the wiki and maybe we will see the return of the sword Umbra, because in the Infernal City Prince Mede was looking for it on Solstheim.

And I think that they will go on with TES. The universe is a little to big to stop with it. But maybe we will finally leave Tamriel and go to Akavir.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I wonder, that Cthulhu-like thing in the video, could it be an Ascended Sleeper? As far as I know, corprus beasts are sure to appear, so why not the Sixth House again?

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I'm skeptical that we'll see a new "regular" TES anytime soon.

atleast not for the next 5 year thats their usual time to make 1.
and they probably wont say anything about it untill then
Showing 1066-1080 of 1122