ForumsGamesSkyrim!

1122 217082
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Let's make this the place on AG for anything and everything about Elder Scrolls 5! I'm so excited about it!

• 1,122 Replies
Adam68
Adam68
58 posts
Peasant

I love dragon armor

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,777 posts
Chamberlain

Different versions of dragons are also at a certain level, but they disappear as you level up, and tougher dragons appear.

....You talking about Skyrim?.... Because I know that there are no dragons in Morrowind.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

....You talking about Skyrim?

Well the thread is called "Skyrim!"
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

What do you mean by..... All of that? Are some enemies level based, like they're always as tough no matter what level you're on? How about things like the Dark Brotherhood, are they level based?

In Morrowind, creatures are not level-based, their stats are fixed. However you will still encounter stronger types of foes on higher levels, except at unique locations where specific creatures are placed and not creature groups. Items also are not level-bsaed, which I rather enjoy. I mean, Skyrim is not that bad since at least the items level with you (though does it make sense that a sword gets stronger? 0.o), I hated how it was in Oblivion about the artifacts, you could get stuck with a low-level artifact that would become useless on higher levels.

The Dark Brotherhood in Morrowind: Tribunal is just like the creatures, there are several different ranks among the assassins and your level will determine what kind of rank you will encounter, but the single ranks have fixed stats and equipment. But once you install Tribunal, you wil be targeted by them no matter your level, unless you report the attacks to a guard which makes them stop (I wouldn't, their armor is great, and expensive )
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

you will still encounter stronger types of foes on higher levels, except at unique locations where specific creatures are placed and not creature groups.

different areas on the map have different difficulties.
you can try to walk around on the northern islands as low level or the plains (north, north east). but the enemies thatare generated there are to strong for a low level.

i think they made a minimum level cap in different areas for the enemies.
so that no enemies (or ??% chanch) from under a certain level are generated.
Besch
Besch
37 posts
Scribe

Basically, the enemies level up with you but as already stated there is range of -2 to + 5 levels based on different fraction (e.g. Daedra +5). IF you really want fixed levels sorted to regions than you should try out SkyRe.

morrowind had no random items. all items are where they are. i dunno how this can become a system for skyrim.

However, the modder stated to expand variety of droppables in dungeons. In Vanilla configuration you would never find a weapon in a urn or barrel (not even a decent chest). Since the Creation Kit has been released a lot of things were made possible.
Possum9
Possum9
70 posts
Nomad

Has any one seen the Epic Skyrim Rap by Dan Bull?? It's amazing!!. I don't play Skyrim and would love too, but for the moment youtube will have to do!! (someone plz save me from my world of deep dispare) :P

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Basically, the enemies level up with you but as already stated there is range of -2 to + 5 levels based on different fraction (e.g. Daedra +5).

my comment was about morrowind. not skyrim or oblivion. =)
AllportHD
AllportHD
34 posts
Nomad

Best bow in the game?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Karliah's bow has the best dmg (25) but only draw speed 0.6250. However you can't get it ingame.

Regular dragonbone bows are the best bows you can actually get with a dmg of 20 and speed of 0.75 (in comparison: daedric bow has dmg 19, speed 0.5). Dwarven crossbows however are better with a dmg of 22 and speed of 1.

Then there's Auriel's bow that doesn't do great combat damage, but it's effects are beast.

Source: UESPWiki

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i had 1 of those old imperial bows since lvl 5 and i never needed to change it for something better. sneak+marksman beats anything =P

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I usually conjure a bound bow. It's effective, it looks cools, and I don't need to collect arrows anymore.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

and I don't need to collect arrows anymore.

I never actually had a problem with this. It became second nature after a few hours of gameplay, just looting bodies and picking up all the arrows because they have no weight. After a while I'd have hundreds of arrows and not have to worry about running out.

As for bows, I love the Daedric bow. Probably a generic choice, but it looks awesome and does a lot of damage. I remember making several with different enchantments, but I don't remember which exactly. Been a while since I played Skyrim.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Yes, old thread, but I require help.

I retrieved a fragment of Wuuthard and silver-blood plans for Aela and can't get anymore companion quests. Whenever I go to the place and approach Aela she'll usually say something about how the others are unaware of what we're doing, I click to talk and there's no new dialogue. Same with all other characters.

I did some research on this earlier and some said that a few misc quests could interfere with this, but the only ones I have available are the drinking game with Sam, retrieving a book, and some word of power ones. Besides those, I don't have many quests available in general, just gathering the stones of barenziah and approaching the Night Mother for more kill contracts.

Is there any way to trigger new dialogue or are these quests out the window? Nothing regarding them shows up in the panel, and loading an earlier save is out of the question. I got those two companion quests when I was level ~20 and didn't bother with them until level ~40.

I'm playing on the PS3, by the way.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I got those two companion quests when I was level ~20 and didn't bother with them until level ~40.

Also, currently level 47. Another site mentioned waiting for new dialogue, but it's probably been more than a month in-game time since I completed the quests.
Showing 1096-1110 of 1122