The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernDo you think the killing of animales for food is allright?

82 11569
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

I personally belive there is an abundance of animales for a reason. To eat them!

So what do you people think on this subject?

• 82 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

I personally belive there is an abundance of animales for a reason. To eat them!

i dont believe that cause i believe that all life is something sacred. BUT (and this is coming from someone who would cry if hed see a cat that got ran over XD ) i believe that its ok. i wish people would find a better way that would make it less painfull but some animals are vegetarians and some animals eat meat. we are part of nature just like any animal and since we can eat both i think its ok.
ShardRaldevius
ShardRaldevius
107 posts
Nomad

Obvious,even the animals eats one each other, its a natural cycle,but killing for fun is really ***

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

Killing animals for food is perfectly fine and natural. "Animals" do not have the intelligence of human beings, and as a result we are at the top of the food chain. We are at the top of the food chain for a reason, because we have to kill to survive.

The modern society has started to decide what animals are "okay" to kill and what others are not, for example, in New Zealand, a Samoan family killed their pet dog for food. It caused an outrage but it is not illegal. Today, typical &quotet" animals are considered animals that we should not kill, when was the last time you heard someone eat a cat? (Apart from China) It just seems too "inhumane" to kill these types of animals. (Exlcuding rabbits, chickens etc.)

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

"Animals" do not have the intelligence of human beings

I don't think so. Are you sure?

It just seems too "inhumane" to kill these types of animals.

Indeed. But what if you got a pet-pig?
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Two things, first. No E in animals. Also, it's alright, not allright, even if one could use that, all right isn't one word and when you use all right you use it to say that everything is correct, not a way of saying okay.

Anyways.

Blskap, justifying it by saying it is because we are smarter,... is rather stupid. A lion will eat a zebra, not because the lion is smarter, but because it needs to eat. We eat beef and such because we need to eat. Not because we are smarter. We are all animals, we just use different methods because we don't have claws or huge sharp teeth.

Also, top of the food chain my butt. Go jump in the ocean with a cut on your foot, tell me when you get back if you aren't eaten by sharks, mr. Topofthefoodchain.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

We are at the top of the food chain for a reason

You should go fight a lion, then tell us how it goes.
ShardRaldevius
ShardRaldevius
107 posts
Nomad

I would go... with a gun.
Aethermancer
Aethermancer
119 posts
Nomad

True, we may not be the strongest species on the planet, but we are certainly the most technologically advanced and overall smarter.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Well, you can't really say we are smarter. You don't know just how all animal minds work, or how our minds work. That's the beauty of it.

Now, if we ate lions, I wouldn't do it... they aren't exactly like cows or chickens or fish when it comes to repopulating.

Killing for food is alright, killing for hunt and not eating isn't. and if you want to hunt a bunch and just say you will eat it but you don't, because it is merely a cover up for your enjoyment of killing things, you ought to be thrown into the nearest loony bin.

Squiddicus
Squiddicus
266 posts
Peasant

I think that we have every right to eat and kill what/when we please... as long as it is not cannibalism.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Well, you can't really say we are smarter.

I don't think any animal other than us has left this planet except by means of which we built and stuck them into it. I think that kinda proves we're smarter

Anyways...think of it this way. If nothing killed each other, the earth would be vastly overpopulated in a short time and then lots would die off due to lack of food. It's natural to kill other things to eat them, what's not natural is to torture them all their life and then beat them in the head with a hammer. But that, in all truth, isn't that common, it's against the law to run a slaughter house like that. So yes, it's alright to kill to eat, so long as you actually eat it.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Let's reply..

Also, top of the food chain my butt. Go jump in the ocean with a cut on your foot, tell me when you get back if you aren't eaten by sharks, mr. Topofthefoodchain.

I'd say our technology puts us at the top of the food chain. That might seem unfair, but that's one of the things that set us apart from the rest of the Earth's creatures in my opinion.

Same point. At least with a few sharp, pointed thingies you have a change against the beast. I bet if we hadn't developed the ability to hunt with tools, we would been screwed.

Killing animals for food is perfectly fine and natural. "Animals" do not have the intelligence of human beings, and as a result we are at the top of the food chain. We are at the top of the food chain for a reason, because we have to kill to survive.

I wouldn't make that wide of a statement.

The modern society has started to decide what animals are "okay" to kill and what others are not, for example, in New Zealand, a Samoan family killed their pet dog for food. It caused an outrage but it is not illegal.

I'm half Samoan myself, and I'd eat a dog. Just kidding. Seriously, I thought the government gives welfare money so you can buy meat instead of killing your dog.

Today, typical &quotet" animals are considered animals that we should not kill, when was the last time you heard someone eat a cat? (Apart from China) It just seems too "inhumane" to kill these types of animals. (Exlcuding rabbits, chickens etc.)

Well, I have heard of some people eating a cat outside of China. Yeah.

My view is basically this: killing animals for food is fine. I'd eat a person if it came down to that.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

All things breathing are edible.

My mission in life is to eat one of everything. That should answer the question.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

My mission in life is to eat one of everything. That should answer the question.

Good luck, you have a few million more things to eat.
Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

All things breathing are edible.

You wanna try to eat a poison dart forg? Or how but a coral snake?

Eating meat is fine, but the problem is that the animals you guys eat are practically tortured. They are born into a closed cage, where they are constantly feed artificial growth hormones and antibiotics, and aren't all allowed any freedom and just simply stay in their cage. The only watly they are saved from this torture is to be killed to be eaten. Do you guys think that's humane?
Showing 16-30 of 82