The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernDo you think the killing of animales for food is allright?

82 11573
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

I personally belive there is an abundance of animales for a reason. To eat them!

So what do you people think on this subject?

• 82 Replies
Latchem
Latchem
75 posts
Farmer

if god didnt want us to eat animals, he wouldnt have made them out of meat.
Agreed. Anyways, what's wrong with killing animals and enslaving them? They don't know any better... I mean you don't know that painting you paid £4.2 billion was off of a laser printer in China... Unless told, you know no better :P These animals are born, raised and slaughtered in captivity... that's their life, we're born, raised and taxed in the captivity of society... what's the difference? we just think we have free will ;D Plus killing ANYTHING for ANY reason for bacon is accpetable...
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

@Latchem

in that sense its fine, If we raise it we have the right to killing it. But I think if people are taking wild animals and killing them in mass for food or other reason, it can be very bad. Killing all the fish in the sea will just throw off the food web's balance. If you have never heard this pay more attention in biology class.

ShinyCowBeast
ShinyCowBeast
120 posts
Nomad

I'm sorry but there is only one way to put this. if your a vegatatian, your a wuss. Like FloydTC said on the tenth post, if God didnt want us to eat animals, he wouldnt have made them out of meat.Feeling bad for animals is alright, and i dont disagee that it would be horrible to kill an animal just to kill it, but without our protein, we are really weak. killing animals lets us live our happy life style.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Do you guys think that's humane?

That isn't humane, but I'd still eat it if there was nothing better.

if your a vegatatian, your a wuss.

You should at least spell your contractions correctly mate.
ShinyCowBeast
ShinyCowBeast
120 posts
Nomad

lol thats supposed to be vegetarian

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

lol thats supposed to be vegetarian

Darn, how could I forget that?!

A "vegatatian"? Classic.
spartandestroyer
spartandestroyer
2,081 posts
Nomad

we sorrta have to eat meat. besides if its there then take it! unless the world is running low on resources and high on population. if the world population gets too high and food resources get too low...

ShinyCowBeast
ShinyCowBeast
120 posts
Nomad

btw knight, i didnt forget, it was a typo

HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

yes, sure, and definitely
1) you need it to survive
2)it's the only MAIN source of protein other than beans (if you think fish is meat which i do)
3)and if your vegetarian, well, I hope you like beans cause if you don't you'll get sick because you aren't getting protein
4)animals will just have babies

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

I'm a vegetarian and I think killing animals to eat is okay. But over exploitation for greediness without using humanity on the animals is stupid in my opinion.

indienorien
indienorien
24 posts
Peasant

Eating meat isn't bad. If we wouldn't eat any meat, then species like domestic cows and chickens and pigs would disapear. So by eating meat, we save entire species!

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

Preadatorial relationships between animals is perfectly normal. What isn't normal is killing animals out of greediness and/or fun.

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

Alright, we have been biologically wired to eat both meat and vegetation. We are an omnivorous species. Humans are just extremely smart animals with instincts like any other. Wolves kill animals for food. Bears eat fish and berries for an example of another omnivorous species. We are more similar to the bear as to what we eat. I have heard the argument that animals are like humans. Well, no. It's technically the other way around. We have our survival instincts like animals. Animals don't use half the things humans use. Once I see a cow paying taxes, working for money and driving a car, I'll believe you. I've also heard that humans have self control, unlike animals (which contradicts the theory that animals are the same as humans).

Well, that was going to be my argument. But, you beat me to the punch. Like you said we were meant to eat it. However, I do believe this is also speaking on moral stand point. So, here is my moral perspective. People need to eat like any other animal. You get right down to it a human is still a kind of animal. There should be no moral dilemma, people need to eat. Yes, animals have feelings but nature is cruel. Big things eat smaller things, or weaker things. Predatory animals in general are more intelligent than their pray. However most don't care about the feelings of the other. Humans should not let their emotions interfere with their survival. We have been hard wired to eat it. So, in my opinion there really is no moral dilemma.
indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

It's a perfectly natural thing to do. We are predators after all.

urstupid404
urstupid404
196 posts
Nomad

i think for our consuption and for our pets is ok and humans (and cats ) cant live on a a fully vegitarian diet (well humans can but its quite hard)

Showing 31-45 of 82