ForumsThe TavernDo you think the killing of animales for food is allright?

82 11567
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

I personally belive there is an abundance of animales for a reason. To eat them!

So what do you people think on this subject?

• 82 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

The culture is different world wide. I think the killing of animals is natural for the food chain/cycle, but i'm a hypocrite to disagree with eating monkey/dogs.

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

eating them has kept us alive this long so yes keep consuming them.

KentReid
KentReid
65 posts
Nomad

Of course it's okay, why not?

KimaChan
KimaChan
7 posts
Nomad

First: I'm a vegetarian.
But the reason I eat no meat and fish is not that I think it's wrong in general, I just think it's wrong how the meat comes on our plate.
For me it's really gross to see meat and to know that this animal suffered his whole life and probably never had the chance to see the sun or feel the wind on it's skin.
I mean if I knew that this animal had a good life and just got killed because - I don't know - it was at the wrong place at the wrong time (if you know what I mean) perhaps I would start eating meat again.
But now even with the animals in the forest you can't be sure of that.
I don't want to eat an animal which was BORN at the wrong place.
I don't know if you understand what I mean, it's hard to explain.

And to the whole "God approves" thing: I'm pretty sure he does not approve the way animals live before we eat them.
If God loves every creature, we would have meat on trees or something because then the animals would not suffer.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

For me it's really gross to see meat and to know that this animal suffered his whole life and probably never had the chance to see the sun or feel the wind on it's skin.
I mean if I knew that this animal had a good life and just got killed because - I don't know - it was at the wrong place at the wrong time (if you know what I mean) perhaps I would start eating meat again.
But now even with the animals in the forest you can't be sure of that.
I don't want to eat an animal which was BORN at the wrong place.
I don't know if you understand what I mean, it's hard to explain.

You could background check the meat companies. Check out their website and such. This way, you can make sure you only buy from companies who have operating standards that you aggree with.

You could also make sure to buy only grass-fed beef, or organic meats. This ensures that the animals were fed a certain grade of food, and lived in certain conditions. Otherwise, the product couldn't be classified as organic, and the producers couldn't rip another buck off ya.

And to the whole "God approves" thing: I'm pretty sure he does not approve the way animals live before we eat them.
If God loves every creature, we would have meat on trees or something because then the animals would not suffer.

But God also gave the creatures of the Earth to Adam. And I'm pretty sure he would not approve of us not using His gift to the fullest extent.

As I've said previously, I don't mind killing animals for food, as long as they are killed in a humane fashion. Thats also why I try to use as many parts of the animal as possible if I kill it myself, or only buy the amount of meat that I need at the store.

Proud PETA member; People Eating Tasty Animals.
KimaChan
KimaChan
7 posts
Nomad

You could background check the meat companies. Check out their website and such. This way, you can make sure you only buy from companies who have operating standards that you aggree with.

You could also make sure to buy only grass-fed beef, or organic meats. This ensures that the animals were fed a certain grade of food, and lived in certain conditions. Otherwise, the product couldn't be classified as organic, and the producers couldn't rip another buck off ya.

Where I live it's not that easy. We have meat scandals pretty often and their websites are not really informative.
"Bio" (organic farms and their products) is a really big thing here but even there everyone warns that you cannot be sure if the things are really that good or if the animals live under even worse conditions than in a "normal" company.
(The E.Coli outbreak a month ago had its origin from an organic farm and although it was not meat related, it shows that you can't even trust those who say that they're producing organic things including meat.)
hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

If we (mankind) hadn't started eating meat we would have never achieved the state in which we are now. If we hadn't started eating meat we would still be like chimpanzees are today.

Showing 76-82 of 82