The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernDo you think the killing of animales for food is allright?

82 11572
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

I personally belive there is an abundance of animales for a reason. To eat them!

So what do you people think on this subject?

• 82 Replies
jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

yeah it is fine to kill animals for food cuz:

1. they taste good
2. they r a source of food
3. vvegies suck!

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

3. vvegies suck!

Don't go dissing those leafy greens, buddy.
farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

I think that it is fine to kill animals as a source of food. Considering that they are rich in fat, you get more energy from them. also, as long as we don't cause entire species to go extinct due to ever hunting/fishing, we won't ruin the earth. it is a natural cycle.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Sucks. Animals should learn to run faster. Cheetahs did, and we don't eat them now do we?

Proud PETA member, or People Eating Tasty Animals, for those of you who don't know.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

Well, think about it this way. Cells are cells, whether you're eating bread or steak. I'm pretty sure the cow and the wheat had the same goal: to survive. However, that is also our goal as humans. We possess superior intellect and power, and use that power to survive. Besides, we don't go out into the wild slaughtering like there's no tomorrow.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, we do need meat for protein as part of our diet, besides other animals eat other animals as well. It's simply that...we don't kill animals just for food.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I'd say our technology puts us at the top of the food chain. That might seem unfair, but that's one of the things that set us apart from the rest of the Earth's creatures in my opinion.

We are only at the top of the food chain on OUR turf, and it isn't completely true even then.
Once you step out in the wild, you are NOT at the top of the food chain.
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

And imagine if everyone was vegitarian. The animal population would be over populated.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

And imagine if everyone was vegitarian. The animal population would be over populated.

I don't think there are enough vegetables to sustain us either...
WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,467 posts
Nomad

It's all in the natural process. We are the predators, the other animals are the prey. Animals do it in the wild as well, but usually not as gruesome sometimes. Killing off animals can balance population, but killing off too much is something that you have to worry about.

Second, sure, animals may have feelings like us, but they mostly rely on instinct as far as we know. Again, as I said, it's a natural process and it's been going on for millions of years. So why should we all stop it now?

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,467 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure that animals aren't treated "horribly" because we feed the animals so they can grow bigger, and we also keep them alive. I'm pretty sure when they kill the animals that they do it as quickly and as painlessly as possible too, because I'm sure the people at slaughter-houses have some respect for the animals and wouldn't want to be in their places having their throat cut but still alive. And we don't just eat animals for enjoyment, we eat animals to survive. Sure, it might be nice to have a good steak once in awhile but we're still eating it to survive.

There are some slaughterhouses that aren't as kind to the animals as other ones. Sometimes the government deems their ways of slaughter "okay" and "fine". And other times a certain slaughterhouse will get shut down.
hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

We are only at the top of the food chain on OUR turf, and it isn't completely true even then.

Well, the great white shark is at the top of the food chain as well, but if you put it on dry land he will just die. Different species have different habitats and this is ours.
mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

yes, because if we didnt kill or farm animals for meat, think of what happens, the populations would go out of whack, increasing predator-prey issues. i dont think we could grow enough vegetables to feed the world now. that stuff takes time, meat takes a bullet

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

In this saga of humans killing animals for food, our turf is the one that really matters.

That is if you actually step out in the wild, especially when you're lacking in fancy technology.
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

yes, because if we didnt kill or farm animals for meat, think of what happens, the populations would go out of whack, increasing predator-prey issues. i dont think we could grow enough vegetables to feed the world now. that stuff takes time, meat takes a bullet

Its not like that one bit.
wikipedia on the subject(you would be amazed how far weve come since ancient times)
Showing 46-60 of 82