ForumsThe TavernYour biggest fear?

160 22815
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Bugs? Spiders? Snakes? Flying? Losing? Certain colors? Heights? Crowds? Your pants falling down in public? Death? Fear itself? What are you afraid of and why?

• 160 Replies
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

I always used to watch the Twilight Zone, and I saw this episode that scared me so badly I barely slept. Since then, I feel fine on 4 hours of sleep a night.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I always used to watch the Twilight Zone, and I saw this episode that scared me so badly I barely slept.

The show that did that to me was the X-files.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

The show that did that to me was the X-files.

Yeah, I saw a few episodes of the X-files, but I didn't really like it.
deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

#1: beinig lonely (emotionally not physically)

How can somebody be physically lonely?

I used to have a fear of space and planets and when I used to sea a picture of a planet I used to freak out. That fear is long gone.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I have Agoraphobia and Claustrophobia. FML.

Really, spiders freak me out. And bugs in general. Dunno why, it just freaks me out. And clowns. They're unnaturally happy all the time. Its not right.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

How can somebody be physically lonely?

As in nobody being around you. You are physically alone.
deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

As in nobody being around you. You are physically alone.

But doesn't also count as being emotionally lonely? When nobody is around you eventually become emotionally lonely.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Right now, I could be the only person for 50 miles, but I am on here.

I believe I am most afraid of the unknown and uncertain.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

But doesn't also count as being emotionally lonely? When nobody is around you eventually become emotionally lonely.

im guessing youve never felt THAT kind of loneliness?

you probably understand that you can be lonely even though there are many people around you?

the other thing i meant is.... like when you are going to sleep in your room and nobody is home. you are physically alone, but you know you have friend, family and other people you care about and they care about you.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Arachibutyrophobia - Fear of peanut butter getting stuck to the roof of your mouth

Anthophobia - Fear of flowers

But serously, being a cookie while next to the cookie monster...Frightening huh?

Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

Bugs, they are so creepy and weird and creepy and ugly and creepy and scary and creepy. Did I mention creepy?

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

I have luposlipaphobia, which is the fear of being chased by timber wolves around a kitchen table while wearing socks on a waxed floor.
I'm terrified of public speaking.

PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

This site crashes! :O

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Puppies, kittens, sunshine, rainbows, ponies, small mammals in general, all sweet-tasting things (with emphasis on chocolate), and people.

I forgot to mention that I'm also less willing to watch scary movies/play scary video-games than others.

What, really? :|

This site crashes! :O

Don't even joke ;o
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I have luposlipaphobia, which is the fear of being chased by timber wolves around a kitchen table while wearing socks on a waxed floor.

I once saw a Far Side comic strip that defined luposlipaphobia as exactly that and included a picture of what was feared by someone with luposlipaphobia.
Showing 16-30 of 160