ForumsThe TavernTop 5 things young teens have completely wrong, (A Rant)

96 16653
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I have noticed that teen culture has changed a lot since I was 13, and teens these days are so different, and it makes me die a little inside that they are so coddled and sheltered these days. It's actually quite sickening. The things people push on teens today is ridiculous and stupid. Here's the top five things I have found completely wrong with teen culture today.

#5: Vampires don't sparkle: I'm sure you all have heard of that horrible, horrible waste of money and bad talent known as 'twilight.' Not only did they make just about the WORST movie in history, they also completely destroyed the lore of the vampire. Teens these days now don't understand what a true vampire is. Vampires don't sparkle, vampires don't fall in love with humans, vampires don't talk about their feelings. Vampires are blood- sucking demons of the night who pray on humans for their blood. THAT'S IT! They don't sparkle in sunlight, THEY DIE! They don't talk about their feelings, they don't have feelings. Vampires don't fall in love with ugly women, either. They take the hottest chick in the village, and bite her to make her the vampire's bride for the sole purpose of producing little vampire babies. They also live in Transylvania, not WASHINGTON.

#4: The idiocy of cartoons is astounding: Cartoons these days have to be done by people who get paid in meth, because there's no other explanation for the absolute crap they put on TV these days. Growing up, I watched Tom and Jerry, the Looney Toons, those good cartoons that actually had a plot and actually were funny. the crap on today is absolutely horrible.

#3: The true value of a dollar: Kids these days don't understand what it is to have money, the green blood that makes the world spin. When I was a kid, I had to scrub the house SPOTLESS so I could make $1.75 so I then could sprint to the already passing ice- cream truck, in my bleach- stained shirt to get a ninja turtles ice cream bar. Now, kids just DEMAND it! They do absolutely NOTHING! I work 34 hours a week to make a wage where I STILL can't move out of my house, I can barely afford my car, and I never have enough money to go to walmart and buy a pair of pants, FOR WORK! What are these kids going to do when the mommy and daddy honeyhole runs out? have a temper tantrum and cry about it?

#2 Just because you have an autotune doesn't mean you have talent: The music teens listen to is TERRIBLE! Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus? Give me a break! they use so many auto tunes and voice effects that talent is completely useless! As long as they are good looking, they put em on stage and auto tune the hell out of them. The first band I listened to was the Beatles, there is true talent. The kids these days have absolutely NONE! It's like the record company went out and said "who is the most marketable idiot out there?" BOOM! Justin Biever. (I hereby REFUSE to correctly spell his name. he doesn't deserve it.) Biever has no talent. Biever is a total ******.

And the #1 thing teens have completely wrong is......

...wait for it....

DA- DA! The #1 thing kids have completely wrong is the meaning behind school: Seriously. Is is so imposed on kids that the meaning of school is to be the most popular person ever and have the most boyfriends/girlfriends they can. IT'S NOT! The purpose of school is to educate you so you don't suck at life! Half the crap they teach you, you'll probably never use, but they are also teaching you other things by the head fake (thank you Randy Pausch!). Yeah, you may never need to know that ridiculous math equation, but you're learning problem solving, critical thinking, and how to take something, and apply it universally. There is a point to learning this, and the point is so you don't fail at life.

Overall, my hopes for the generation under me are completely gone. I have no hope in any of these kids, and they're all going to be failures at life.
Rant over.

• 96 Replies
shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

I'm 16, and I love Tom & Jerry and the Looney Tunes!

And most teens don't worry about having the most GF's or BF's and being the coolest person. They just want to pass with a (A,B, or C) average and have a couple of cool people to talk to. Although I agree, we do lose sight about learning what we are being taught. So many people cheat in Science classes it is redonculous.

gbnxc
gbnxc
190 posts
Nomad

#1 yeah i agree america's youth is becoming dumber and dumber because they dont understand what school should really be about

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

tom and jerry may have been basic, but it was also funny and entertaining, unlike the cartoons I see on tv these days. what the hell is so enjoyable about total drama island? its just 5 different characters recycled into about 50 different animated bodies who accomplish nothing whatsoever. all that stupid show does is teach 10-year-olds how cool it is to act so much older than you actually are.

it still has more value to kids then tom and jerry does though. that song doesnt desrve have the credit it gets. just non step senseless violence.
Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

#5 and #4 are hellyeahs in my book. I take most of my vampire lore from the Underworld movies, Blade, and Bram Stoker's original Dracula. All the cartoons these days make me think the animators and writers are BOTH on crack.
#3 is another thing I agree with. I have to take out the trash every week. It's not just a kitchen garbage bag either, its the entire house. I get $10 for it. Every week that I forget, a dollar is taken away from my next payment.
#2 is variable. Some teens (myself included) love heavy metal music.
#1 is another hellyeah in my book. I don't give two ****s about who you dated last week and who your dating now, I want to finish my history report.

Showing 91-94 of 96