ForumsForum GamesImpending Zombie Apocalypse

409 56727
MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

I know that there are many Zombie Survival RPGs out there. What makes this thread different from others is that you will have time to prepare for the apocalypse!

This game takes place exactly one week before the zombie apocalypse. You should use this time to prepare (e.g. barricade, gather supplies, etc.).

Here is the character sheet that you will use:

Name:
Bio:
Primary Weapon: None yet
Secondary Weapon: None yet
Melee Weapon: None yet
Now divide 20 points between these three skills:
Strength:
Endurance:
Dexterity:

I'll post more stuff later if I think of anything else.

Have fun!

• 409 Replies
Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

(Mods, sorry for repeating)
Whoops, looks like I forgot to embolden!

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Name: Viet Anh
Bio: A young and intelligent boy he is very smart and athletic.
Strength: 6
Endurance: 7
Dexterity: 7

MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

Name: Johnny Johnson Jr.
Bio: Born in America, been asthmatic since age of 3, wears glasses, game-geek, now in college, works at the grocery store for a part-time job as a checkout clerk.
Strategy: Flee
Inventory: Empty
Primary Weapon: None
Secondary Weapon: None
Melee Weapon: None
Strength: 8
Dexterity: 5

It's OK.

So you join, read the manual, and prepare to flee. How will you do that?

Name: Viet Anh
Bio: A young and intelligent boy he is very smart and athletic.
Strength: 6
Dexterity: 7

Have you played before? I can't seem to remember. :P

Anyway:

You wake up one morning from a very weird dream. Here is basically what happened:

In the dream, a man came up to you, and told you that you had one week to prepare for the impending zombie apocalypse.

"Zombies!?" You exclaimed. "They don't exist! How can there be an apocalypse?"

"See for yourself." The stranger pointed to several zombies lumbering towards you. "Prepare." Then the stranger vanished.

You turned towards the zombies. You looked around, but there was no weapon of any sort. You tried to run, but you were stuck to the ground. You could only watch in horror as they got to you.

Then you woke up.

"I wonder what it means." You say to yourself as you get ready for work.

As you are walking down the road, you come across an ornate building with "I.Z.A. Co." written on the front. You look around, and see that no one else is paying attention. You wonder why. Then you remember that you have to go to work.

When you are finished with work, you remember that strange building you saw. You wonder if you should look around. On the other hand, however, you are pretty tired.

What do you do?

a) Enter the building

b) Go home to rest

MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

I guess I'll have to bump this again. :/

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

When was this created?

MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

When was this created?

A while ago. I can't remember the date.

Do you want to play?
Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

Bio: Born in America, been asthmatic since age of 3, wears glasses, game-geek, now in college, worked at a grocery store for a part-time job as a checkout clerk.
Inventory: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide

I guess I'll need some transport. Something large to hold lots of stuff and plow through zombies yet fast to get moving. I'll have to arm it and apply extra reinforcement. I'm even gonna have to get some people to help me against the infected. I'm also gonna have to get some way to work from inside my vehicle.

I choose a bus. My college is an Engineering and Technology University so I can probably make a high-performance bus engine in my personal workshop. Maybe I can get some weapons from I.Z.A. Co. Since civilization will die in a few days I can make a huge loan from the bank and use it to stockpile on food and reinforcement. I can take my friends with me to help me fight from the bus.

Okay I've decided what to do.

Next day, I quit my job at the supermarket. I make a huge loan of $10,500 from the bank. I use $250 to buy protective material (e.g. sheets of iron, steel and bulletproof metal, welding equipment) and I use $100 to rent a bus from the school. Then $100 to buy 200 liters of fuel. And $50 for a radio transmitter set. Then I use the last $10,000 to buy preserved food that need no refrigeration or cooking. After that I go to I.Z.A. Co. to ask if they have weapons. Browse the stock of weaponry and choose...(I need to know the Weapons Chapter of the Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide). After I get the weapons. I work on the engine in my workshop for 4 hrs. I'm 1/4 done with that engine, it'll take a few days. Now I apply the protective material in layers (1st ply: Iron, 2nd ply: Steel, 3rd ply: Bulletproof Metal). I also reinforce the windows with thick glass. Lastly for the day, I put an FM radio transmitter into the dashboard with microphone and broadcasting antenna. (Why FM radio, you ask? Because according to my Physics book, it's easier to make than AM [AM=Amplitude Modified, FM=Frequency Modified])

MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

Bio: Born in America, been asthmatic since age of 3, wears glasses, game-geek, now in college, worked at a grocery store for a part-time job as a checkout clerk.
Inventory: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide

Wow, it seems you're really into this!

I choose a bus.

An RV might work, too.

I can take my friends with me to help me fight from the bus.

How will you be able to convince them?

Then I use the last $10,000 to buy preserved food

That much food? How will you be able to carry it all?

But other than that, your plan seems good!
Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

Inventory: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide, $10,000 worth of food, 200 L of fuel
Primary Weapon: Rifle
Secondary Weapon: Pistol
Melee Weapon: Machete
Survivors: 11 (not including me)
Transport: Modified RV

I choose a bus because it's the nearest thing I have, of course I'm gonna make space in it and make beds, put chairs and maybe I'll put night vision cameras and screens in the dashboard so that the zombies won't detect me by using light. And I'll convince my friends by telling 'em we're going on a road trip. I carry the food by having it delivered.

The weapons I chose from IZA Co were: five packs of Grenades, six rifles, four submachine guns, 12 pistols, eight machetes and two crowbars.

I finish the engine after 3 more days and install it into my bus.

I'd like to start the Zombie Apocalypse NOW!

The day before the apocalypse I take my friends on a "road trip" westwards. But first I stop by IZA Co. to talk to them on the first day of the Apocalypse.

btw, how much food a day does 1 person consume a day? What ever it is, it should be counted in dollars (like this $# of food/person each day)

MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

Inventory: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide, $10,000 worth of food, 200 L of fuel
Transport: Modified RV

Are you sure you want to start the apocalypse now? It'll be much harder to get stuff once the zombies come!

Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

Transport: Modified Bus

Whoops! Typo in my Character Sheet.

Alright then. Then I'll head to IZA to tell 'em I'm prepared for the apocalypse. Tell 'em my 'Portable Zombie Holdout' is ready. That I'm prepared and so what should I do.

I also want to include a radar in my bus, and I'll bring walkie-talkies with me to communicate with guys on missions. I'll also bring along some durable plastic material (the kind they use to connect train cars and subway cars) because whenever I find new RVs and busses, I'll connect 'em like a train. And whenever I run low on fuel during the apocalypse, I'll loot some from gas station.

Also, you never answered my question, how much food does a person eat a day. And also, how much fuel will my efficient high-performance engine use up per kilometer.

You know what MrStuff, your kind of making random events and results generated by CPUs like in a CPU game. Your players take actions in the game but should not be able to control how their actions end up.
And you know what else, its like I'm the last player here...I'm feeling lonely on this RPG But I still like it so I'm gonna tell my friends on AG (1 friend) about it.

RavagedSoul
RavagedSoul
389 posts
Nomad

Name:Blake
Bio:Lives in New York. Had a job at a hardware store and was saving up for college. Also does karate.
Strength:5
Endurance:6
Dexterity:9

can i join?

MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

Transport: Modified Bus

Alright then. Then I'll head to IZA to tell 'em I'm prepared for the apocalypse. Tell 'em my 'Portable Zombie Holdout' is ready. That I'm prepared and so what should I do.

The building is empty. I guess they already got the memo. :/

I also want to include a radar in my bus, and I'll bring walkie-talkies with me to communicate with guys on missions. I'll also bring along some durable plastic material (the kind they use to connect train cars and subway cars) because whenever I find new RVs and busses, I'll connect 'em like a train.

But you're out of money!

And whenever I run low on fuel during the apocalypse, I'll loot some from gas station.

Risky, but I guess you could try it.

how much food does a person eat a day

I don't know. It varies.

how much fuel will my efficient high-performance engine use up per kilometer

I don't know this either. Try looking up the answers on the internet.

Name: Blake
Bio: Lives in New York. Had a job at a hardware store and was saving up for college. Also does karate.
Strength: 5
Endurance: 6
Dexterity: 9

Yes you may.

You wake up one morning from a very weird dream. Here is basically what happened:

In the dream, a man came up to you, and told you that you had one week to prepare for the impending zombie apocalypse.

"Zombies!?" You exclaimed. "They don't exist! How can there be an apocalypse?

"See for yourself." The stranger pointed to several zombies lumbering towards you. "Prepare." Then the stranger vanished.

You turned towards the zombies. You looked around, but there was no weapon of any sort. You tried to run, but you were stuck to the ground. You could only watch in horror as they got to you.

Then you woke up.

"I wonder what it means." You say to yourself as you get ready for work.

As you are walking down the road, you come across an ornate building with "I.Z.A. Co." written on the front. You look around, and see that no one else is paying attention. You wonder why. Then you remember that you have to go to work.

When you are finished with work, you remember that strange building you saw. You wonder if you should look around. On the other hand, however, you are pretty tired. What do you do?

a) Enter the building

b) Go home to rest
RavagedSoul
RavagedSoul
389 posts
Nomad

Bio: Lives in New York. Had a job at a hardware store and was saving up for college. Also does karate.

enter the building

MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

You enter the building cautiously, wondering what the inside will look like.

The interior is just as ornate as the exterior. You wonder why such a serious-sounding company has such a fancy building.

You make your way to the front desk.

"Can I help you, sir?" The lady at the counter asks.

"I was just wondering what this building is." You reply.

"Well, this company is called the Impending Zombie Apocalypse company, shortened to I.Z.A., as shown on our sign. This company is dedicated to the prevention of that. We're willing to help anyone who believes in us. Are you interested?"

This reminds you of your dream.

Do you believe them?

a) Yes

b) No

Showing 331-345 of 409