ForumsForum GamesImpending Zombie Apocalypse

409 56706
MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

I know that there are many Zombie Survival RPGs out there. What makes this thread different from others is that you will have time to prepare for the apocalypse!

This game takes place exactly one week before the zombie apocalypse. You should use this time to prepare (e.g. barricade, gather supplies, etc.).

Here is the character sheet that you will use:

Name:
Bio:
Primary Weapon: None yet
Secondary Weapon: None yet
Melee Weapon: None yet
Now divide 20 points between these three skills:
Strength:
Endurance:
Dexterity:

I'll post more stuff later if I think of anything else.

Have fun!

• 409 Replies
RavagedSoul
RavagedSoul
389 posts
Nomad

Name: Blake
Bio: Lives in New York. Had a job at a hardware store and was saving up for college. Also does karate.
Strength: 5
Endurance: 6
Dexterity: 9

yes i do

MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

Bio: Lives in New York. Had a job at a hardware store and was saving up for college. Also does karate.

"Great!" The clerk replies. "I just hate people who don't believe in us! Did you know that this building is invisible to people who believe in zombies?" That sounds impossible. "So, what do you need help with?"

"Well, I had this weird dream..." You describe the dream to her.

"That sounds like a message!" She exclaims. "Good thing you received that. Here's how we can help you prepare." You are given a zombie survival manual.

"And, if you come back tomorrow, we'll give you some weaponry to defend yourself!" The clerk says.

"Sure!" You say. Then you go home.

It is now late at night. What do you do now?

a) Read the manual

b) Sleep

RavagedSoul
RavagedSoul
389 posts
Nomad

read the manual

Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

Name: Johnny Johnson Jr.
Bio: Born in America, been asthmatic since age of 3, wears glasses, game-geek, now in college, worked at a grocery store for a part-time job as a checkout clerk.
Strategy: Flee
Inventory: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide, $10,000 worth of food, 200 L of fuel, Walkie-Talkies
Primary Weapon: Rifle
Secondary Weapon: Pistol
Melee Weapon: Machete
Survivors: 11 (not including me)
Transport: Modified Bus "The Road To Survival"
Strength: 8
Endurance: 7
Dexterity: 5

But you're out of money!

I'll get the plastic stuff and tools to attach it with from my workshop. And once I find a bus/RV but am unable to extend "The Road to Survival" during the apocalypse, I will create a new chain of cars and modify THAT with material I can find in the city I will be at during that scenario (you understand what I'm saying?). I'm not sure whether I started the Apocalypse or not, if I did, then I'll steal the radar and talkies from the empty stores, if I didn't then I'll make a loan of $450 from the bank and buy the stuff.

And why can't you make something up for the food consumption or fuel use?! Otherwise how do I know when I'm running out of food or fuel?! And I can't look it up on the internet! Engines vary between each other. Just choose a random number and multiply it by 10, that'll be food use per day (remember, in dollars per person), the choose another random number between 1-5 (since my engine is high performance), multiply that by 10, and that'll be fuel use (in liters per kilometer). Also, every time a person makes a journey you should report how much fuel was consumed and reduce the fuel in the person's inventory and at the end of each day you should reduce food from the person's inventory, too.

(I'm sorry, am I backseat hosting? [Like backseat driving except its for forum game hosting] But then again, the customer's always right)

If I started the apocalypse, then the location I'm driving to is my home/my parents' home (I don't live with my parents, my parents live with me), then I'll head to my sister's place. If I hadn't started the apocalypse, then I put large, slightly blunted spikes on my bus all over the sides except windows and windshields made out of steel from my workshop to take down (although low chance to kill) the zombies.

P.S. You didn't tell Ravaged Soul to write down his "Strategy".
MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

You decide to read chapter 1.

Zombies

Zombies are undead human corpses that feed on human flesh. The humans turn into zombies by means of the virus Solanum. When Solanum enters the bloodstream, it enters the brain and alters it, killing the human in the process. The human then turns into a mindless human-eating machine commonly referred to as a zombie.

Zombies appear to have enhanced sensory organs, such as improved sight, hearing, and smell. They are able to use all of their senses equally. They also feel no pain or emotion of any sort. The only way to dispatch of one is to destroy the brain.

Bio: Born in America, been asthmatic since age of 3, wears glasses, game-geek, now in college, worked at a grocery store for a part-time job as a checkout clerk.
Inventory: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide, $10,000 worth of food, 200 L of fuel, Walkie-Talkies

I'm not sure whether I started the Apocalypse or not, if I did, then I'll steal the radar and talkies from the empty stores, if I didn't then I'll make a loan of $450 from the bank and buy the stuff.

You haven't started the apocalypse yet. and i don't think the bank will let you make a loan that big.

And why can't you make something up for the food consumption or fuel use?! Otherwise how do I know when I'm running out of food or fuel?! And I can't look it up on the internet! Engines vary between each other. Just choose a random number and multiply it by 10, that'll be food use per day (remember, in dollars per person), the choose another random number between 1-5 (since my engine is high performance), multiply that by 10, and that'll be fuel use (in liters per kilometer). Also, every time a person makes a journey you should report how much fuel was consumed and reduce the fuel in the person's inventory and at the end of each day you should reduce food from the person's inventory, too

I might try that.

P.S. You didn't tell Ravaged Soul to write down his "Strategy".

He can't choose a strategy until he's read the manual.
Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

Inventory: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide, $10,000 worth of food, 200 L of fuel

Alright then, then I'll ask my friends to buy it. Taking $50 from each. Then I'll buy my talkies and radar. I'll borrow it saying I'll use for a secret project I'm doing in my workshop (but it's a lie).

I don't think I need anything else except a map I'll take from my room, so should I start my apocalypse or not?

MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

Inventory: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide, $10,000 worth of food, 200 L of fuel

If you want to, you may start the apocalypse.

armor1234567890
armor1234567890
18 posts
Nomad

helloz!

armor1234567890
armor1234567890
18 posts
Nomad

i wanna play!

anyone here?

MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

Name: Jared "foe hammer" Jaques
Bio: Former Marine Captain, served for 12 years. During all missions showed exemplary skill with all weapon types. 6'3", white, emerald green eyes, right-handed
Strength: 7
Dexterity: 7

Welcome to the Impending Zombie Apocalypse RPG!

You wake up one morning from a very weird dream. Here is basically what happened:

In the dream, a man came up to you, and told you that you had one week to prepare for the impending zombie apocalypse.

"Zombies!?" You exclaimed. "They don't exist! How can there be an apocalypse?

"See for yourself." The stranger pointed to several zombies lumbering towards you. "Prepare." Then the stranger vanished.

You turned towards the zombies. You looked around, but there was no weapon of any sort. You tried to run, but you were stuck to the ground. You could only watch in horror as they got to you.

Then you woke up.

"I wonder what it means." You say to yourself as you get ready for work.

As you are walking down the road, you come across an ornate building with "I.Z.A. Co." written on the front. You look around, and see that no one else is paying attention. You wonder why. Then you remember that you have to go to work.

When you are finished with work, you remember that strange building you saw. You wonder if you should look around. On the other hand, however, you are pretty tired. What do you do?

a) Enter the building

b) Go home to rest

@armor1234567890

I'm glad that you want to play, but you must first fill out the character sheet on the first page!

armor1234567890
armor1234567890
18 posts
Nomad

name:surge
bio:was a very good siper in the army but kicked out because accidently shot the genrals hat
strategy:fight and defend
inventory:sniper rifle
primary weapon:none
secondery weapon:none
melee:none
survivor:me
transport:none
strength:8
endurance:6
dexterity:7

you know...what about something like...
lives in:suburb
or lives in apartment
or farm and some supplies in each one like on farm:food

armor1234567890
armor1234567890
18 posts
Nomad

.....hey!wait a minuite!you took two hours to reply?

armor1234567890
armor1234567890
18 posts
Nomad

i mean.....3 HOURS!!!!

Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

Inventory: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide, $1,000 worth of food, 200 L of fuel

Actually, I want to first modify the front windshield with hinges so that it can be a one-way-open window where I can shoot through, I'll be able to get the supplies from my workshop. I also need to use the radar and attach it to an alarm that I will attach to the ceiling and get it by buying a fire alarm from the school, this way my survivors will be alerted at night. Black, non-see-through fabric will be used as curtains. Fabric from workshop I'll paint my bus so that the zombies can't find me during the day either. Paint from...ah, I don't even need to tell you where its from.

Okay, if you can think of anymore ideas, tell me. But if you can't, then start my apocalypse. Remember to make the gas and food use.

btw, it might be too easy with 10,000 food so I'll just lower it to 1,000.

P.S. Welcome Newbies! This game hasn't had players in a while. Please don't leave.

MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

Name: Surge
Bio: Was a very good sniper in the army, but was kicked out because he accidentally shot the general's hat.
Inventory: Sniper Rifle
Primary Weapon: None
Secondary Weapon: None
Melee Weapon: None
Dexterity: 7

Welcome to the Impending Zombie Apocalypse RPG!

You wake up one morning from a very weird dream. Here is basically what happened:

In the dream, a man came up to you, and told you that you had one week to prepare for the impending zombie apocalypse.

"Zombies!?" You exclaimed. "They don't exist! How can there be an apocalypse?

"See for yourself." The stranger pointed to several zombies lumbering towards you. "Prepare." Then the stranger vanished.

You turned towards the zombies. You looked around, but there was no weapon of any sort. You tried to run, but you were stuck to the ground. You could only watch in horror as they got to you.

Then you woke up.

"I wonder what it means." You say to yourself as you get ready for work.

As you are walking down the road, you come across an ornate building with "I.Z.A. Co." written on the front. You look around, and see that no one else is paying attention. You wonder why. Then you remember that you have to go to work.

When you are finished with work, you remember that strange building you saw. You wonder if you should look around. On the other hand, however, you are pretty tired. What do you do?

a) Enter the building
b) Go home to rest

Inventory: Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide, $1,000 worth of food, 200 L of fuel

I think you're good! Just say "I want to start the zombie apocalypse!", and you may start!

Showing 346-360 of 409