ForumsThe Tavern[bumping] What Rank Separates Regulars From Elites?

85 12506
PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I just became gold knight today and it made me wonder what is that special rank that we look up to? Yes I realize that it doesn't matter what rank you are but what matters is how you help the site and others but isn't there a rank that just seems like it stands out? For example a squire isn't that impressive but a duke is. What I'm mainly asking is what is the rank that separates the average armor gamer from the committed? As for me I see it as a duke.

• 85 Replies
GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

For me I'd say a duke as well.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I would say prince/princess to be honest. I remember when being lord was an achievement. Not anymore.

Note that the required AP for the top 100 is 8865 at the moment (Trumpetfury is #100) and..

Wood Prince/Princess: 7250 AP
Iron Prince/Princess: 8500 AP
Gold Prince/Princess: 10000 AP

It's important to note that AP doesn't tell us much about a person aside from their level of activity. Whether they're busy abusing comments for points, spamming the forums or chilling out in the AMW isn't really indicated by rank.

supersmiley
supersmiley
842 posts
Nomad

but you could also check and see how long they have been a member of the site, that might also be an indicator.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I think I have the lowest opinion here, but I think Knight is the indicator. It is the rank that first shows that the user is dedicated. In order to be considered truly Elite, though, is Prince/Princess. I am only about 300 away, now.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

It's important to note that AP doesn't tell us much about a person aside from their level of activity. Whether they're busy abusing comments for points, spamming the forums or chilling out in the AMW isn't really indicated by rank.

I clearly stated that I understand that there are those type of people but now that I think about it those people will either get tired of that or will get caught. Plus it's obvious those people stand out because if you only rate games then you'll end up with 1,000 points and nothing else because of how hard it is to balance that out. Oops i'm rambling again

I think I have the lowest opinion here, but I think Knight is the indicator. It is the rank that first shows that the user is dedicated. In order to be considered truly Elite, though, is Prince/Princess. I am only about 300 away, now

Good point! There could be many signs that someone is willing to spend their time here that it stands out immediately.
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

It's more about forum posts and join date for mee..

Ranks are easy to get with comment-conversation.

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,031 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I agree with Graham. For me, it's mostly forum posts. You could be Duke and have only gotten there by rating games and posting comments.
But if you get to Lord by only posting forum posts, I'd say that's elite.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

From my perspective, elites are the ones who have made a lot of quality posts in the forums.

Join date doesn't matter to me because you could've easily joined a while ago, then left the site. I guess people who look at it that way have some false sense of elitism.

The ranks don't really matter, as you can easily get up there by rating games and commenting. If you went through every game on the site and rated and commented on them all, that'd be 8,800 AP. Then you can simply chat spam via messenger with others to get even higher.

supersmiley
supersmiley
842 posts
Nomad

id say a good mix of all, as in a fair amount of comments and game ratings, a fair amount of forum posts, and has been here for a while

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

From my perspective, elites are the ones who have made a lot of quality posts in the forums.

Yeah, I got to agree. Quality posts separates post count.
as in a fair amount of comments and game ratings

They can just chat spam on the messenger. And they can just rate games without even playing them. Or they play it for 10 seconds and give it a rating.
GUMMBAAH
GUMMBAAH
43 posts
Nomad

i think knight is the indicator because than people start to see that you are very dedicated to this site still it doesnt matter to me what rank you are ... we are all here to have fun not to stand at the top of the site and think you are better than other players .

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

For me, it's about forum post count and showing intelligence within said posts.

With ranks, it's easy to rate games and make useless comments to get easy AP.

So posts are a much better indicator to me.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I was commenting on the use of rank, however post count is the best general indicator of dedication to the site.

Most rabblerousing nuisances seem to lack the effort or staying power to reach several thousand posts. Generally, those who do stick around are good people.

And the Knight rank is something of a turning point, although it isn't as signficant as it used to be.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

For me, it's about forum post count and showing intelligence within said posts.

What about the small minority of users out there with dangerously high post counts who never post anything intelligent? Are we--er--they an exception to eliteness?

And the Knight rank is something of a turning point, although it isn't as signficant as it used to be.

I always saw the Lord rank as the turning point. It's closer to the halfway mark when it comes to the ranks, although nowhere near it in terms of AP.
Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

I like the knight being the turning point, especially because I am one. But as you guys said I hate people making useless, spammed, or just retarded comments to get the AP. I've seen many game comments where people either say exactly what another person said letter for letter or just stupid comments such as "nice","good","ok","bad","stupid" or "dumb" I flag those comments when I see them.

Showing 1-15 of 85