Nomad

Any questions about Islam, ask it here?

Greetings

• 558 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Its muslim version of XMAS it lasts three days.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Its muslim version of XMAS it lasts three days.

only difference is that xmas is befor the fasting period and the muslims version is after the fasting period.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

We got two eids
one is after a month of fasting (ramadan)
and second is in the last month of muslim calender

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

What exactly is this holiday about? And how long does it continue for?

Sorry for the late answer. Here is your answer to the question what Eid al-Adha is, and how long it lasts:

At the end of the Hajj (annual pilgrimage to Mecca), Muslims throughout the world celebrate the holiday of Eid al-Adha (Festival of Sacrifice).

It's a story about prophet Abraham(pbuh) and Ismael. It actually go's far back to the birth of Ismael, but that's not important now. God said to Abraham to sacrifice his son, for Him - to test Abraham. And at Eid-al Adha, muslims redo almost everhything what Abraham did while at Hadj(pilgrimage to Mecca).

At Mina(a mountain in Mecca) the pilgrims perform Ramy al-Jamarat, throwing stones to signify their defiance of the Devil. This symbolizes the trials experienced by Abraham while he was going to sacrifice his son as demanded by Allah. The Devil challenged him three times, and three times Abraham refused. Each pillar marks the location of one of these refusals.

After the Stoning of the Devil, the pilgrims perform animal sacrifices, to symbolize God having mercy on Abraham and replacing his son with a ram, which Abraham then sacrificed.

This is aprox. what the holiday is about. Eid-al Adha is celebrated in three days.

Greetings
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

3 February 2012, Mawlid an Nabi, "Birth of the Prophet". We celebrate the birth of the Prophet, 1400 years ago. Happy Mawlid all.

Muhammad(pbuh) the Master of Prophets, was born in Bani Hashim lane in Makkah on Monday morning, the ninth of Rabiâ Al-Awwal, the same year of the Elephant Event, and forty years of the reign of Kisra (Khosru Nushirwan), i.e. the twentieth or twenty-second of April, 571 A.D., according to the scholar Muhammad Sulaimân Al-Mansourpuri.

Ibn Saâd reported that Muhammadâs mother said: "When he was born, there was a light that issued out of my pudendum (genital organs) and lit the palaces of Syria." Ahmad reported on the authority of âArbadh Ibn Sariya something similar to this.

It was but controversially reported that significant precursors accompanied his birth: fourteen galleries of Kisraâs palace cracked and rolled down, the Magiansâ sacred fire died down and some churches on Lake Sawa sank down and collapsed.

His mother immediately sent someone to inform his grandfather âAbdul-Muttalib of the happy event. Happily he came to her, carried him to Al-Kaâbah, prayed to Allaah and thanked Him. âAbdul-Muttalib called the baby Muhammad, a name not then common among the Arabs.(source:Islamweb

Greetings
macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

Do you believe so much in Jihad?

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

What do you mean? Could you explain your question?

Greetings
Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Jihad isn't a belief. It is just a term representing a struggle many Muslims find throughout their lives, whether it be a struggle they face among themselves or among others.
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

Hello everyone!

It's the end of the Mawlidu n-nabiyyi. The birth of the Islamic prophet Muhammed(pbuh). It's mostly being celebrated between the 20th and 27th of april. The date of the Mawlid actually changes every year because the Islamic calendar is a lunar calendar. It's been 1442 years already since the birth of the prophet Muhammed. Muslim celebrates this week by doing different prayers like, reading quran and other activities. This link for more information.

ps. It's forbidden to revive a dead topic, if I'm right. If it is. Then sorry for it.

Greetings

fracell
fracell
67 posts
Nomad

my question why do you worship false gods

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

my question why do you worship false gods

Hmmm... Islam. Islam is a monotheistic and Abrahamic religion. Muslims believe that God is one and incomparable and the purpose of existence is to love and serve God.

Do you know what Islam is fracell? Because it's pretty dumb to ask a question about a topic or a subject you never studied. And especially if you're asking something without studying it and not even, ridiculously, thinking or brainstorming about it, and think that the one you ask this ridiculously question would just answer it.

I'm sorry if you're offended, but, please, ask a question about a subject you don't understand. Not just a random question that comes up in you when you see a topic title like: Ask a muslim.

Greetings
lawley
lawley
1 posts
Nomad

I don't understand why people have come into this topic trying to debunk this man's religion. The topic of the title was "Ask a Muslim", not "Islam is correct, Your belief is wrong". It's not like anyone here was going to change his opinion on his beliefs anyway, so why would you even bother?

Besides, having complete faith in something can be rather beautiful, especially in this modern time.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

just to make it clear, alla and god are the same god. so as "eloim", how god is called in hebrew.

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

just to make it clear, alla and god are the same god. so as "eloim", how god is called in hebrew.

Allah means "the God", so it's the same God as in Christianity. And the same as Elohim(with singular verbs and adjectives), "the God". So, yes.

Greetings
KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

Lol if u look into all the conspiracy theory and other Stuff, some people tell you the GOD means Government Ordnance Department, Lol i know WTF???? thats why some people say that Allah is the true Creator not GOD?? i don't get any of this BTW

Showing 451-465 of 558