Any questions about Islam, ask it here?

Greetings

• 558 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

@Khaotic

Muslims believe that Allah is God, the True Creator. Allah is just their word for God, and Allah has strong influences from the other two Abrahamic religions. Also many other religions call their gods too, such as the Sikhs and sole Eastern Christians. It's not a conspiracy.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

why some people say that Allah is the true Creator not GOD?? i don't get any of this BTW

Allah is simply the arabic word for God. It stems from Eloah, a Hebrew word for God. They mean the same thing. It's like arguing why a person from Spain refers to their grandmother as abuela.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Call their Gods Allah too*

KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

Muslims believe that Allah is God, the True Creator. Allah is just their word for God, and Allah has strong influences from the other two Abrahamic religions. Also many other religions call their gods too, such as the Sikhs and sole Eastern Christians. It's not a conspiracy.

Lol i get what all of ya are saying, what i meant was that i don't get how GOD means Government Ordnance Department,i read it on some Website don't remember, I know the Allah = God,

this is what i said
thats why some people say that Allah is the true Creator not GOD?? i don't get any of this BTW

I meant languages besides English Like Iranians call God=Khuda, and so on get it?
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

Lol if u look into all the conspiracy theory and other Stuff, some people tell you the GOD means Government Ordnance Department, Lol i know WTF???? thats why some people say that Allah is the true Creator not GOD?? i don't get any of this BTW

As you said, it's just a conspiracy. So it's just BS. Nothing to do with Allah.

Greetings
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

I meant languages besides English Like Iranians call God=Khuda, and so on get it?

Khuda is common noun
Allah is proper noun
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

well, back to questions:

1) my ani-arabic friends say that the quran saying that you have to destroy the infidels, includeing the jews {im from Israel}. as i argue with them, im not have enough knowlege to counter it. can you help me?

2) i know that in jewdisem, you can drink alcohol, and you need to toast in friday meal and in some holidays , but its a sin to "damage your body" aka getting drunk or drink heavily. so - does the Prohibition of drinking alcohol is in the quran, or what we call in hebrew &quoterosh" - Interpretation of the bible, a rabbi that decide from the text something is ok or wrong and etc.?

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

1) my ani-arabic friends say that the quran saying that you have to destroy the infidels, includeing the jews {im from Israel}. as i argue with them, im not have enough knowlege to counter it. can you help me?

Well it does say that. But so does the Christian bible, the Jewish Torah, and pretty much every other religious book... So point that out I guess?

2) i know that in jewdisem, you can drink alcohol, and you need to toast in friday meal and in some holidays , but its a sin to "damage your body" aka getting drunk or drink heavily. so - does the Prohibition of drinking alcohol is in the quran, or what we call in hebrew &quoterosh" - Interpretation of the bible, a rabbi that decide from the text something is ok or wrong and etc.?

Jewdisem? Judaism? I always thought they couldn't drink.

Numbers 6:3
He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.

Judges 13:4
Drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing.

Proverbs 20:1
Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

Etc Etc.

As for Muslims, there are also verses suggesting they should not drink, as far as I know.

2:219 They question thee about strong drink and games of chance. Say: In both is great sin, and (some) utility for men; but the sin of them is greater than their usefulness. And they ask thee what they ought to spend. Say: that which is superfluous. Thus Allah maketh plain to you (His) revelations, that haply ye may reflect.

5:90 O ye who believe! Strong drink and games of chance and idols and divining arrows are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. Leave it aside in order that ye may succeed.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.

That one even says "A man or woman who sets himself apart by making a nazirite vow to abstain for the sake of the Lord".

That one is talking about a pregnant women.

Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

That one sounds more like it is talking about someone who abuses them too much.

Pretty much the rest of the quotes from the website you linked sound like they're talking about abusing the drinking of wine.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

That one even says "A man or woman who sets himself apart by making a nazirite vow to abstain for the sake of the Lord".

That one is talking about a pregnant women.

That one sounds more like it is talking about someone who abuses them too much.

Pretty much the rest of the quotes from the website you linked sound like they're talking about abusing the drinking of wine.

I really don't care about Jewish and Muslim drinking habits myself, but they are banned in those religions. I was just bringing up some of the scripture that suggests such, even if it is just an angle talking to Sampson's mom or whatever.

And even if they sound to you like they mean abusing and drinking wine, it sure sounds like they are talking about not drinking wine or stronger alcohol to me. Where is the Muslim we are supposed to be asking?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Off topic, but drinking is allowed on Judaism, in fact it's considered a Mitzvah to drink on some Jewish holidays like Purim.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

nichodemus is right. in purim, its a "mitsva" to "drink until you cant know" aka become totaly wasted. and also, as i said, in Friday meal, you have to toast a glass of wine. and in passover, as the sedder go, you need to dring 4 glasses.

but hey, its ask a muslim, lets go on with the questions please.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Drinking in Islam is forbidden but hey, rules are meant to be broken. From the kings in One Thousand and One Nights, to the Pakistani generals today, some Muslims still sneak a tipple.

KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

Drinking in Islam is forbidden but hey, rules are meant to be broken. From the kings in One Thousand and One Nights, to the Pakistani generals today, some Muslims still sneak a tipple.

If Muslims Drink would't they Technically Not be muslims? cause they are not following their Religion (Islam).
And Most People Just pose as Muslims, Maybe thats why they Drink sometimes?
KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

As you said, it's just a conspiracy. So it's just BS. Nothing to do with Allah.

Greetings

K well I agree, but u can watch people like David Miller and others they say that, they go into depths of it so maybe it Couldn't Be a Conspiracy,
And plus don't Muslims Believe in a man (Imam Mahdi) TO come And bring Justice to the land? cause some people say he is coming This Year, Like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad In the UN?
Showing 466-480 of 558