Nomad

Any questions about Islam, ask it here?

Greetings

• 558 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

No, because what fundamentally defines a Muslim is a belief in Islam and Allah. Prohibition of Drinking is just a small part of Islam's teachings,
Drinking might make you a lax or condemned or 'bad' Muslim, but you would still be Muslim. One can draw an analogy at a stretch; American criminals might violate parts of the Constitution that defines who is an American, but they still are citizens.

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

1) my ani-arabic friends say that the quran saying that you have to destroy the infidels, includeing the jews {im from Israel}. as i argue with them, im not have enough knowlege to counter it. can you help me?

We can't just go out and kill someone. It's forbidden to kill someone without a reason, without a good reason. There are many rules next to killing. I'm not going to quote all these rules, but more likely are going on the Jews, or the People of the Book.

The answer to your question shortly: No. Becuase the Qur'an says that we should befriend the People of the Book. It's about the following verse:

âGod does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. God loves the equitable. God enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors.(Qurâan 60:8-9)â

As the verse points out that we can just befriend you. But, we can't befriend; those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you.

You can tell these Arabic friends of your to read these verses. And if they think that that's not enough. Tell them to read 22:39-40.

2) i know that in jewdisem, you can drink alcohol, and you need to toast in friday meal and in some holidays , but its a sin to "damage your body" aka getting drunk or drink heavily. so - does the Prohibition of drinking alcohol is in the quran, or what we call in hebrew &quoterosh" - Interpretation of the bible, a rabbi that decide from the text something is ok or wrong and etc.?

"They ask you about wine and gambling. Say, "In them is great sin and [yet, some] benefit for people. But their sin is greater than their benefit...(Qur'an 2:219)"

In Islam, alcohol is forbidden. Because even a bit of alcohol is not healthy. God teaches us that alcohol is "the mother of all the evil". So, He points out that you can e.g. make people sad because of alcohol(because you're not aware ogf your doings), or that you can break many rules.

Next to that. Muslims can't pray when they drink alcohol, for 40 days. As the following Hadith says;

Allah's Messenger(pbuh) said, "If anyone drinks wine Allah will not accept prayer from him for forty days, but if he repents Allah will forgive him ... If he repeats it a fourth time Allah will not accept prayer from him for forty days, and if he repents Allah will not forgive him, but will give him to drink of the river of the fluid flowing from the inhabitants of Hell."

Greetings
Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

If Muslims Drink would't they Technically Not be muslims? cause they are not following their Religion (Islam).
And Most People Just pose as Muslims, Maybe thats why they Drink sometimes?

As Nichodemus already explained. Everyone is a Muslim at the moment s/he believes that "There's no God but God, and Muhammad is His Messenger and servant." And alcohol has no influence in this believe. It just shows you how much you respect God and His rules.

Greetings
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

i meant anti-arabics friends -> racist jews...

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

i meant anti-arabics friends -> racist jews...

Oh, sorry. Still. It doesn't change much. The same answer To quote these verses again:

âGod does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. God loves the equitable. God enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors.(Qurâan 60:8-9)â

"Permission [to fight] has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged. And indeed, Allah is competent to give them victory.(Qur'an 22:39)"

Greetings
KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

@Reiki000 are you a Sunni or Shia? Just curious cause u didn't mention Ali after Prophet Muhammed???

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

@Reiki000 are you a Sunni or Shia? Just curious cause u didn't mention Ali after Prophet Muhammed???

I'm Sunni.

Greetings
KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

@Reiki000
Salam alaykum (lol did i spell it right)
Do u believe That well Shia's Are Evil, main reason is cause iv'e read that Sunnis Hate Shias from like Sunni site and Shia Sites is that true?

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

May Gods peace and blessings be upon you too KhaoticSniper, and yes you spelled it right.

Do u believe That well Shia's Are Evil, main reason is cause iv'e read that Sunnis Hate Shias from like Sunni site and Shia Sites is that true?

* I always take a dreap breath when it comes to the Shia's and Sunnis. Because the whole thing is just all about a stupid fight. Many people died because of this "difference". While these groups all believe in the same God, same prophets, same book etc. etc..

It all began after the death of Muhammad(pbuh). People began to wonder who the new leader would be after Muhammad(pbuh). A big part said that Abu Bakr, the closest friend of the Prophet should be the new leader. There was a minor group who said that Ali should become the new leader, because he was the son-in-law of the Prophet. This minor group thought that the other ones were not on the right path anymore.

The whole difference begins there. The first civil war was aprox. 30 years later.

I don't hate Shia's. I don't know how they think about me, but that really doesn't bother me. I don't hate them, but I don't agree with them at the same time. Because of the following thought; There's an "Imam" every century that shows Muslims the right path according to the Prophets teachings e.g. Imams like Abdul-Qadir Gilani.

The Prophet had many friends. Friends like Abu Bakr, Omar and Uthman. The Shia's hate Abu Bakr. And thats exactly the point I begin to hate Shia's. Because they call them self Muslims, and say that Ali is someone very important. Abu Bakr was the closest friend of Muhammad(pbuh), but Shia's still prefer to insult Abu Bakr.

There are Sunnis that really hate Shia's and Shia's that really hate Sunnis. But, not all Sunnis do hate Shia's. Thereof, not all Shia's do hate Sunnis. It's a whole stupid thing that has brought many wars with it. Wars like the Iran-Iraq war where many innocent people died.

* note: I'm not talking about all Shia's, but the general view of most Shia's.
Back2ISLAM
Back2ISLAM
32 posts
Nomad

Bin ladin is not following Islam.

he is following his own desires and calling it islam..

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Wood - Squire

Flag

May Gods peace and blessings be upon you too KhaoticSniper, and yes you spelled it right.

* I always take a dreap breath when it comes to the Shia's and Sunnis. Because the whole thing is just all about a stupid fight. Many people died because of this "difference". While these groups all believe in the same God, same prophets, same book etc. etc..

It all began after the death of Muhammad(pbuh). People began to wonder who the new leader would be after Muhammad(pbuh). A big part said that Abu Bakr, the closest friend of the Prophet should be the new leader. There was a minor group who said that Ali should become the new leader, because he was the son-in-law of the Prophet. This minor group thought that the other ones were not on the right path anymore.

The whole difference begins there. The first civil war was aprox. 30 years later.

I don't hate Shia's. I don't know how they think about me, but that really doesn't bother me. I don't hate them, but I don't agree with them at the same time. Because of the following thought; There's an "Imam" every century that shows Muslims the right path according to the Prophets teachings e.g. Imams like Abdul-Qadir Gilani.

The Prophet had many friends. Friends like Abu Bakr, Omar and Uthman. The Shia's hate Abu Bakr. And thats exactly the point I begin to hate Shia's. Because they call them self Muslims, and say that Ali is someone very important. Abu Bakr was the closest friend of Muhammad(pbuh), but Shia's still prefer to insult Abu Bakr.

There are Sunnis that really hate Shia's and Shia's that really hate Sunnis. But, not all Sunnis do hate Shia's. Thereof, not all Shia's do hate Sunnis. It's a whole stupid thing that has brought many wars with it. Wars like the Iran-Iraq war where many innocent people died.

* note: I'm not talking about all Shia's, but the general view of most Shia's.

tbh most of the shia I met in my life were pretty extremists
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Bin ladin is not following Islam.

he is following his own desires and calling it islam..

Is he? What is the difference? What is the relevance?

tbh most of the shia I met in my life were pretty extremists

Probably because you live in Pakistan? It has a higher Muslim population than your friend from the Netherlands, thus more extremist. You are also probably biased to your own religion, so there is that.

I would assume that Islamic terrorists groups would be split pretty evenly between the two groups, if that is any indication.
KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

@Reiki000 Thank you for Giving me that slight briefing about Abu Bakr.
An others

KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

And also is it Haram=Unlawful to Listen to music? Cause some Muslims say it has no meaning and u can only listen to songs that are blessing god and glorifiyng him? I.e Religious Songs.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Utter tosh, look at the history of splendid Middle Eastern music; people have a notion that music is banned in Islam because of the puritanical Taliban, whom most Muslims will readily poke fun at for being so uptight.

Showing 481-495 of 558