ForumsThe TavernHow to get to sleep.

86 8655
wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Ok, so I have to get up at six tomorrow, because it is he first day of school, but I cannot get to sleep! If anyone has some good quick tips they can throw my way I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

• 86 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

uhm well lay down and have a pillow under your head and close your eyes

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Thanks, for the smart aleck remark. Locus I have obviously tried this. If you can't think of anything good to post please refrain from doing so just to get armor points. Thanks.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Get out of bead, go to kitchen, drink some milk. I prefer it cold. Take ur time and do not chug. Then get another glass, drink slowly. Then slowly wall back to ur room, go to the bathroom, lay down on ur side and just let ur mind wander. It works for me, also don't obses about falling asleep just well do it, no thinking required

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Thanks Pickpocket, I will try!

Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

Well for me on school days I like to get in my bedroom at 9-9:30 and read for an hour or so. Also I stop using my computer/iPod at around 7:30 because I read somewhere that using any electronics makes it more difficult to fall asleep. Hope that helps.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Five or six sleeping or pain pills will knock you out right fast. Cough medicine, melatonin, benadryl, and so forth, are quick knockouts that don't keep you asleep for hours. Don't use prescription drugs though (such as for insomnia) as these are significantly stronger and much more specific.

Yes, bad advice but if you really have to get to sleep, nothing beats it. Just don't swallow too much, you might die.

benman113
benman113
329 posts
Peasant

Next summer get you Should get your sleep cycle in tune to waking at 6 before the last minute. start gradually a month before school starts go to bed an hour early then usual do so every week untill school starts until you have reached your ideal sleeping cycle.

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Ok,

@Nater I started trying to sleep at 10.

@enterorion I think I might try and sneak downstairs and take a handful of benadryls. Only problem is is that i weigh 210 lbs. Sneaking is no easy task.

@Benman I know I should have. Last night I went to sleep at 5:00 and woke up at noon.

@JsaKim I tried both of those things, but thanks.

Thanks for all the input guys!

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

We were out of benadryl, but I managed to sneak out four ibprophens. Hope it works!

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

You shouldn't be on the computer, Its to mentally stimulating. It will make it much harder to fall asleep.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

We were out of benadryl, but I managed to sneak out four ibprophens. Hope it works!

._.
Your drugging yourself with pain killers to help you fall asleep...?
Its really not obvious how much of a terrible idea that is.
TheAtheist
TheAtheist
132 posts
Peasant

If anyone has a good answer that doesn't evolve drinking milk and popping pills then please tell me. I can't sleep for anything.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I posted this in another thread similar to this:

What I basically do if I have a problem sleeping is:
- Drink some Tilo tea or a glass of warm milk.
- Stretch and meditate.
- Exercise sometime in the day.
- Take a nice hot shower or bath about an hour before I go to sleep.
- Turn off everything in my room except for the fan or air conditioner.

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

Your drugging yourself with pain killers to help you fall asleep...?
Its really not obvious how much of a terrible idea that is.

Hehe, Come on it's just Ibprophen and i only took 4. XD

The motrin finally kicked in about half an hour later so now I'm drinking my third cup of coffe as a desprate attempt to stay awake.

@ghost These sound very helpful, and next time I have trouble sleeping (tomorrow) I will try these. Thanks!
R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

You tried malt drink? That stuff helps you get to sleep. Does a good job. It's like, hot-ish milk, with the malt drink powder in it. Try it.

Showing 1-15 of 86