ForumsThe TavernHow do you get out of a Bad Dream?

61 18086
TheLegitGamer
TheLegitGamer
181 posts
Nomad

Hello Armor Gamer's!

I would like to know how you guys can exit a bad dream when you know your in a dream. What I do is I crawl in a ball, scream, and shut my eyes extremely tight. Always works! But sometimes for some reason. I enter ANOTHER different dream XD It's funny how that happens.

• 61 Replies
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

If I know I'm in a dream, they usually aren't bad so I don't want to wake up. If I have a nightmare, I almost always perceive it as being reality.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

^Being reality while I'm in the dream that is.
While I'm on the topic of waking up though...
If I tell myself that I need to wake up at a certain time the night before, I can wake up within a few minutes of that time. Although, I don't always get up then

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
926 posts
Peasant

I wake up. That always gets me out of a dream.

TheLegitGamer
TheLegitGamer
181 posts
Nomad

I wake up. That always gets me out of a dream.

How do you wake up? Please don't post those quick answers for AP.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I always try to get out of a bad dream but it usally doesn't work. When I'm in a bad dream I try to reconise it as a bad dream because unfortunatly I also usally think it's reality.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

The more pragmatic people will often land themselves in bad dreams only to realize these things cannot happen and wake up. Of course, you can get the nightmares that can be real. If that happens to me, then I suppose I would just jolt up and be awake. I'm not really sure how I actually land myself out of dreams. This is probably why I'm not a very good lucid dreamer. As soon as I realize I'm in a dream, poof, there goes the awesome.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I always know when i'm in a dream, although usually I don't wake myself up if it's a bad one, I just change what's happening. If I want to wake up though, I open my eyes.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
512 posts
Peasant

I don't have bad dreams. I had one or two when I was like 6 or something but that was all.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I've fought myself awake. I've also taken control and began altering the dream.

MrStuff
MrStuff
1,626 posts
Nomad

I keep trying to blink until I wake up. Works about 80% of the time (if I can remember it!)

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

It definitely is all about taking control of the dream.
Once you realize this isn't real-time, you tend to wake up.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Wake up ?????

But most of the time when it gets bad or scary i wake up and go back to sleep

needLife
needLife
22 posts
Nomad

well i usually dont have dreams but when i have normally they are nightmares and i get really scared (my nightmares are horible) i wake up

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

I don't have nightmares anymore. Even when I do, there is usually dancing bananas or something that'll cheer me up anyways.

When I was little and had bad dreams, I curled in a ball, held my breath, and closed my eyes. I'd wake up 80% of the time.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
466 posts
Nomad

I've known people who can force their bad dream to become a good dream. It's mainly sheer willpower. I do it a bit differently. Usually i'm able to incorporate something silly into the dream.

Showing 1-15 of 61