ForumsPopular MediaStar Wars - General Discussion

115 33379
frisko12
frisko12
420 posts
Nomad

This thread will be for just anything strwars related.
It will save you the trouble of making a different thread.
You can start conversations on movies,games,shows etc.
and for any picture posters that might want to share some cool pictures.

• 115 Replies
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Personally I like Force Unleashed 2 better. It is more exciting and you get 2 lightsabers. Both are pretty easy though.

If that quote you responded to was from my post, than to clarify, I meant the second one but forgot the 2. =P But the new stars wars game that is coming out is the one I really want. Planning on selling Force Unleashed 2 for that one.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

But the new stars wars game that is coming out is the one I really want.

Which one is that? Is it the Old Republic one?

So we are not just talking about Star Wars games, what color lightsaber would you want? You can choose any color you want.

I would go for a gold lightsaber.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

what color lightsaber would you want?

I'd pick this style hilt, but colored silver and gold with a bright green blade.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

So we are not just talking about Star Wars games, what color lightsaber would you want? You can choose any color you want.

I would pick orange because I'm Dutch. But why aren't there things like Light Axes. It would be better for deflecting lasers since you have a bigger area to do this.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

But why aren't there things like Light Axes.

Nice idea. I had never thought of having a lightsaber like object but in a different shape. That would be really cool.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I'd pick this style hilt, but colored silver and gold with a bright green blade.

What is the point of a hilt? Does it just had style to the lighsaber or does it actually do something?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

What is the point of a hilt? Does it just had style to the lighsaber or does it actually do something?

It basically holds the focusing crystal and other components to make the beam. The shell is just for personal preference/style and grip.
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

But why aren't there things like Light Axes.

While it is unclear how exactly light sabers are supposed to work in the Star Wars universe, a partial answer may be yielded by a special the History Channel ran a few years ago on Star Wars tech and how it parallels or can be made with modern real-world tech. On the topic of light sabers, the most likely method would be a high-energy laser contained and channeled by a powerful focused magnetic field. (Note: the reason we don't have light sabers based on this now is that while in SW they fit in the palm of your hand, the current experimental laser fills a room.) Focused magnetic fields tend to be either linear or rounded like an oval or ellipse. Creating a more complex shape, like an axe, would require there to be sharp bends and turns in the magnetic field, and therefore would require solid-component control points other than the handle. Such points would have to be connected to the handle, making the weapon large and unwieldy when being carried. Also, they would be vulnerable to destruction by hits from the enemy's light saber, which would leave the energy beam unfocused and literally "out of shape."

I think something like a scaled-down light saber as a light knife would be good for utility cutting and very close range fighting.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

History Channel ran a few years ago on Star Wars tech and how it parallels or can be made with modern real-world tech.

I saw that too.

I think something like a scaled-down light saber as a light knife would be good for utility cutting and very close range fighting

[url=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shoto]Shoto[/quote], named after the Japanese short sword.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Speaking of other types of lightsabers:
Lightwhip

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

I think Star Wars needs to be remade, I like the first two or three, but right after Obe One Kenobi (or how ever you spell the name) left Anakin by the lava stream the movies started to suck. The graphics were terrible, the monsters looked extremely fake, and the fights grew duller. The first two or three was okay at best I think.

It should definitely be remade.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I found an old Star Wars thread in the tavern. Just don't post on it because you would be necro'ing

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6683625/star-wars-technology/page/1

I think Star Wars needs to be remade, I like the first two or three, but right after Obe One Kenobi (or how ever you spell the name) left Anakin by the lava stream the movies started to suck. The graphics were terrible, the monsters looked extremely fake, and the fights grew duller. The first two or three was okay at best I think.

When you say the first 2 or 3 do you mean Episodes I-III or Episodes IV-VI? If I am understanding right you mean I-III, but I want to make sure.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Sorry for double post but I failed with the last link:

Should work now.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Lol. What do you expect from a movie made a couple of decades ago? They can't remake it because that would kill the series for me because I loved all the actors in the originals, and I am pretty sure every one else did too.
Who would they use to replace them? Specifically Harrison Ford?
Showing 91-105 of 115