ForumsGamesRaze 2 best weapon per category overall?

146 80877
Bopokippo
Bopokippo
5 posts
Nomad

Yeah just wondering cus I'm noticing that the most expensive weapon for each category usually tends to be situational. What in your guys opinons is the all round best weapon for each category?

p.s., do ion cannon headshots 1 hit kill unshielded?

• 146 Replies
elfassasin
elfassasin
87 posts
Peasant

Acid hound is to unreliable and I just don't use. I use the Ion Cannon.

blade00000009
blade00000009
5 posts
Nomad

ion cannon or rocket launcher i use ion because you can use more closer to you if you shoot the rocket launcher like 7 feet away it will bow you up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mi74
mi74
3 posts
Nomad

Actually,come to think of it Holy Grail only has one bullet!

Darkwingz
Darkwingz
5 posts
Peasant

1.ripper:good firerate and spread

2.I do not use sidearms too much.

3.terminator:good range and damage

4.hail storm:good firerate and bouncing.

5.holy grail:1 shot kill if enemy is not shielded

6.focus beam:continous beam and kills enemies in 2-3 seconds.

7.acid hound:good firerate,good damage and can shoot curved so you can reach enemies who dont see you.credit cannon:good accuracy.good damage,good firerate.

i should not recommend,golden mauser:extra credits,but you can easily die if you use it

Darkwingz
Darkwingz
5 posts
Peasant

Holy grail has six bullets.

Darkwingz
Darkwingz
5 posts
Peasant

Just count the clips

Syth9
Syth9
18 posts
Farmer

I tried to take into account price as well as power.
1: ripper. I tried plasma pistol but the homing didnt really make up for low damage and rat of fire.
2: uzi. This slot doesnt get used much, so I think its better to just not waste money on it; besides, uzi is pretty good dmg and rate of fire.
3: zapper. This is a pretty cheap weapon compared to the terminator or assault bouncer, and it does damage to multiple enemies.
4: hailstorm. This weapon is good for plenty of things. You can kill enemies who cant see you around corners. Also, if you run toward offscreen enemies while shooting, it makes a doppler effect, making high damage.
5: holy grail. No question.
6: destroyer. I actually havent used it yet, but from what I can see, its the best for rate of fire, damage, and range. For my purposes, I usually want a gun that I can use to kill enemies that get close to neutralize my explosives and long range weapons, so I use the laser minigun.
7: rocket launcher. I dont even know why the game starts you out with this one - you should have to buy it, its so good. The start weapon for explosives should be something that has explosion as its only good point, with maybe medium - high damage: kind of an acid hound with small clip and low rate of fire. Not something as powerful as the rocket launcher. The ice hunter is worth thinking about, but its power is not quite as good, so its not as good for shooting faraway enemies that are running away.

Syth9
Syth9
18 posts
Farmer

1: I dont know why people like the plasma pistol for its range. If you have a pistol as your only usable gun, you either just spawned, or you ran out of ammo for every single gun. In both cases, you do not want to attack faraway enemies. The only time I can think of is if an enemy has low health, is running away, and you can only use your pistol. In this case, enemies that are running away can actually outrun plasma pistol bullets. The ripper would have instant hit bullets, easy to kill.
2: M9 and golden mauser are just downgraded rippers. You might want to use golden mauser if you are credit farming, but in that case, you are probably not going to use conventional weapons anyway.
3: The same thing as #1 for side arms. From what I hear, people never use these anyway unless an enemy is chasing them and they need to kill the enemy. The uzi is perfect for quickly killing close(ish) enemies while you search for a better weapon.
4: Same as #1 again for close range weapons! Close range weapons are not for killing faraway enemies. They are for killing enemies that are immediately next to you. Thats what the zapper is perfect for. Why do you want a close range weapon (terminator) that has good accuracy for long range?
5: I can see why people like other weapons other than the hailstorm for automatics. This weapon slot has different weapons for almost every strategy. Precision laser is good for people who lile head/butt/crotch kills. Assault bouncer for fairly long range an dhigh damage. I just like to have a weapon that I can use for killing enemies around corners.
6: Pretty much same as #5 for heavies. They have so many different styles. I just havent gotten around to tryong all of them yet.
7: I apologize if I am a little biased, but I hated the railgun in raze 1. It had too slow of a rate of fire for me, and its clip was not that great.

theawesomekid2
theawesomekid2
38 posts
Nomad

1.Ripper. It works like a shotgun except more ammo and less damage.
2.Magnum. If you headshot someone with this gun, they will lose around 40%.
3.Terminator. It has the biggest range for a shotgun and does about 50% on every shot.
4.Precision Laser. When it hits a head, crotch, or butt, it does around 50%, or half of your opponent's health.
5.Holy Grail. This gun is so good, it should be banned. It kills a non-shielded enemy in one shot. Also, this gun can abuse the reload glitch. The reload glitch happens when you pause the game while reloading. Your gun will reload while the game is pausing.
6. Destroyer. This gun does 25% damage in one shot. It can kill and opponent within 4 seconds.
7. Rocket Launcher. This gun kills unshielded enemies in one shot. It also does massive damage to enemies that happen to be close to the blast radius.

SuperKruddKid
SuperKruddKid
42 posts
Farmer

Holy grail is by far the best, you just need the extra clips perk, because it has crappy ammo. The rocket launcher is best because it has three shots per reload, and if you get good at it, you can get monster killsx4 with one shot.

ninjisu
ninjisu
4 posts
Nomad

1.Ripper (great startout weapon)
2.UZI (Great CQC)
3.Hailstorm (great for CTF and defense)
4.Zapper (You use this with a shield, your pretty much invincible)
5.Holy Grail (1 shot 1 kill, good old bolt action feeling)
6.Flamethrower, nuff said.
7. Standared Rockets. (Halo rockets basically?)

jsakole
jsakole
4 posts
Peasant

I think:
Ripper: nice speed AND it is multi shot
Photon Blaster
Terminator
Assult bouncer
Holy Grail: 1 shot 1 kill, and fully removes a shield
Destroyer
Rocket Launcher on rapid fire is awesome, and double damage pretty much 1 shot 1 kill even with shield

silentsushi
silentsushi
1 posts
Nomad

i use
m9 barret
magnum
terminator
assault bouncer
holy grail
destoryer
ice hunter