ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159402
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

crashing down into a deep dark hole

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Your analogy was too....deep for me :P Pardon the horrid pun.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I never really payed much attention to the WoM.

I read a few pages of it then just skimmed through the rest.
Lol. Do snails have a language?

Sure, as far as snails go.

The existence of a snail language cannot be proven or disproven. If there is, we don't understand it (and snails can't speak our language).

I couldn't resist.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

So who wants to make a philsoraptor version?

I recall that there used to be a meme thread, not quite sure how long ago it was around...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

So who wants to make a philsoraptor version?

I recall that there used to be a meme thread, not quite sure how long ago it was around...

Why not? Unless someone hijacks it.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

I don't think we've gone into detail on WoM yet...

Way of Moderation? I never understood what was that.
However, I did pay attention to Strop's horse po...Art thread. There was some good "art" in there.

*smirks* Yeah, Strop's art is very nice drawn.
Not exactly ancient, but does anyone remember the 'Meow Meow' thread in the Newcomer's forum? Gave me a laugh or two.

I looked it through your link, Jeol, and had a good laugh.
4/20/2011-4/22/2011

Specific, Patrick.
Cenere has never shown the real-life phototacular face to Armor Games, just a drawing. Someone else (and it's obvious who if you've been around long enough) 'volunteered' herself to post photos of Cenere. If you count the self-portrait as showing his face, then sure, I'm the only current mod not to do so. If you count someone else posting a photo of Cenere as showing his face, then sure, I'm the only current mod not to do so but I'll dispute your claim. If neither one of those suffice, then Cenere has never shown his face.

Someone, that likes to draw dragons *coughZophcough*
Also, there'll never be a photo of me posted anywhere on Armor Games.

WHY NOT?!
Ahhhhhh nooooo....seeing the convos in that threads makes me cry for nostalgia.

Nostalgia is the point of this thread, correct? Let's keep it far from being C-Spam.

Really? Anyone has a link to it?
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I've stopped following WoM. Mostly because It doesn't really pertain to me since I quit.

I think I was part of Moab's club.

This thread is getting a lot of posts. OLD MEMBER REVOLUTION
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Cenere has never shown the real-life phototacular face to Armor Games, just a drawing.

You mean the androgynous-looking fellow with the blonde ponytail? No, that doesn't count, unless you count all of Strop's ninja pony drawings as photos too.

Cenere has never shown the real-life phototacular face to Armor Games, just a drawing. Someone else (and it's obvious who if you've been around long enough) 'volunteered' herself to post photos of Cenere.

That's where I first saw it. Now I remember.

I also remember Zega posting one of him making a funny face, but I think that got deleted shortly after.

Also, there'll never be a photo of me posted anywhere on Armor Games.

I'll find out what you look like some other way.

This thread is getting a lot of posts.

It's the only one I actually feel like posting in anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the others here felt the same way.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

It's the only one I actually feel like posting in anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the others here felt the same way.

Well, I do feel the same way, even not being a Vet. I don't feel like posting in other good threads by various reasons, like the Weather one, that I consider pointless posting there at the moment since the weather hasn't changed (unfortunately) since I last posted.

Your feeling, Ernie, makes me feel flattered.

Talking about pics, then Strop, what happened to the other mods?
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

OLD MEMBER REVOLUTION

We need a group to write the constitution, and another to gather the weapons. And then.... we fight!

In the Tavern atleast, there used to be times when you opened the Tavern and you would see that one person had responded to an entire page of threads, 20 seconds later someone else did the same thing. Now day's there are actually threads on the first page which haven't been posted in for hours.
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

In the Tavern atleast, there used to be times when you opened the Tavern and you would see that one person had responded to an entire page of threads, 20 seconds later someone else did the same thing. Now day's there are actually threads on the first page which haven't been posted in for hours.

I remember those days. I could go to every forum, post on a topic, and like 5 minutes later, someone else would of posted
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

This morning, 11pikachu11 did the first part of what you said.

[quote]This thread is getting a lot of posts.

It's the only one I actually feel like posting in anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the others here felt the same way.[/quote]

I don't feel the same way. I have also been posting in Support and Suggestions lately.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

This morning, 11pikachu11 did the first part of what you said.

That's the opposite of a good thing.

I don't feel the same way. I have also been posting in Support and Suggestions lately.

'cept you're not a vet.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I see we're going for to be blunt... sounding more like senior citizens every day. I don't think Patrick meant to imply that it was a good thing, he was just referencing an event.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

That's the opposite of a good thing.

Wait, so why is this bad?

'cept you're not a vet.

So, is that there should be more vets posting?
Showing 406-420 of 1018