ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159399
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Go ahead and feel both Cen.

I used to do the ten post thing a lot, it usually wasn't in ten minutes though, mainly because I tried to be careful not to post spam. Now I don't even get to do that. TT

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

We, the people of the BETTER Armor Games write this to let it be known that the old AG was superior. Newbs, join in making this a good site again or face the revolution!

WE the veterans of Armor Games, in order to create a more perfect Community, establish Order, insure internet Tranquility, provide for the Common Defence Against SPAM, promote Proper Grammar, and secure the Blessings of Dan to ourselves and our fellow gamers, do ordain and establish this Constitution for Armor Games.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

All powers of the new government shall be granted to those users ordained with the title of Moderator or Administrator, henceforth these individuals will hold complete authority over the laws and regulations of the community. No person who has not attained the age of eighteen shall be elected moderator. No person who is not a verified agent of Armor Games shall become Administrator. Vacancies within this esteemed group shall be filled upon the whim of the Administrators.

Methinks this is going well Does anyone remember the WEPR having a group of topics besides religion?

j_c_mooncity
j_c_mooncity
1,060 posts
Nomad

Does this mean we are going to write a Constitution, cause I know this lawyer. He could really do this well.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Does anyone remember the WEPR having a group of topics besides religion?

Whenever something MAJOR like Osama dead comes up there's a thread. I don't visit there much because of all the religion.

Nice revision. But I don't think AG is a constitutional repulic.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Can't really blame us if we ended up not liking you very much, when you used the majority of that time claiming we hated you.

Can't really blame me if I used the majority of that time claiming you guys hated me, when you ended up not liking me.

Or something like that.

I also can't figure out if I should feel flattered or slightly humiliated that you believe I look like a blend between Harry Potter and Neville Longbottom

Is it not a fitting combination? I think it makes perfect sense.

especially since I don't think you mean the ****** once from the last movie.

Uhhh....what?

No person who is not a verified agent of Armor Games shall become Administrator.

Except if you have some web-dabbling background, live near Irvine, California, are of a certain age, and appear to be trustworthy enough with the permahammer. Then you can just be added to the list without having any moderation experience.

But I don't think AG is a constitutional repulic.

We the people have no power over anything that goes on here. Only the admins do. It's more of an oligarchy.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

[quote]But I don't think AG is a constitutional repulic.

We the people have no power over anything that goes on here. Only the admins do. It's more of an oligarchy.[/quote]

Several months ago, cormyn said that Armor Games is not a democracy. The closest AG got to democracy was this year's April Fools' Joke. It was an election to fire a moderator, but nobody was actually fired. In fact, cormyn got temporarily de-adminned during the joke.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Actually that's not true, an oligarchy would imply that all the Admins share an equal level of authority, however you have to consider that Dan is the big cheese, and by extension Super Administrator.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

WE the veterans of Armor Games, in order to create a more perfect Community, establish Order, insure internet Tranquility, provide for the Common Defence Against SPAM, promote Proper Grammar, and secure the Blessings of Dan to ourselves and our fellow gamers, do ordain and establish this Constitution for Armor Games.

Oh God it sounds like the pledge I'm forced to recite everyday....

Anyway, no AG is an oligarchy, with a few aristocrats in power and one head honcho with lots of little informers amongst the populace to sniff out any sedition in order to snuff embryonic rebellions out.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Or a lack of it? :P

Nah, that kind of stuff just isn't my thing.

It's an oligarchy among the admins, with the mods as their brutal army.
(plz dont banz meh)
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

It's totally a dictatorship, to get specific a fascist dictatorship.

Our mods aren't very brutal (sorry guys, but tis true) they're very mild with their ban hammers which is great, no one likes someone who abuses their power.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Our mods aren't very brutal

Yes they are. They hack into our accounts, and make us do bad stuff that will get us perma'd. All the vets who have been perma'd among the years really didn't do anything wrong, it was the H4X0R mods who used their accounts to frame them. It's all a conspiracy.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

ITS A CONSPIRACY MANNN!

Like firetail_madness

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

It's totally a dictatorship, to get specific a fascist dictatorship.

Nooooo....that's no discrimination here. The mods ban anyone they deem worthy of one. No discrimination!
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

~We, the people of the BETTER Armor Games write this to let it be known that the old AG was superior. Newbs, join in making this a good site again or face the revolution!

I mean no disrespect, but saying stuff like that is making me think maybe you should go hang out with the nubs.

I've always wondered if Dan reads the forums.
Showing 436-450 of 1018